260 Mass Shootings 160 Days, When Will it be Too Much?

Alan H

Super Anarchist
SF Bay Area
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

SO fucking tired of that stupidity.
Saws and drills and screwdrivers don't build wooden boats, people build wooden boats.
Stoves and ovens and pots and pans don't make omelettes, people make omelettes.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
I don't wonder what has changed over the years. Let's get amped for battle!
1655334277806.png

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
We used to have that in many schools in the US. And kids would bring their guns to school to shoot after school. And strangely no one shot up their classmates and teachers.

Hmmmm....... I wonder what's changed between then and now????
At Sandy Hook Mommy thought the perfect thing to get her bug-eyed twisted little adolescent was an assault rifle. The gun cult got out of hand. It's not a man-card, no matter what the mfg says.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Yeah, that's wrong on the face of it.
My Rem model 742 .308 was a pretty awesome deer killer. But, it had a 4 round magazine, which wasn't the easiest thing to swap out, and it wasn't all that light. Had some kick to it as well. And it wasn't heavy, meaning, you could carry it all day, but it wasn't the lightest thing around either.

Y'all talk about how the AR-15 lookalikes are sweet shooting - well, that lower recoil allows you to squeeze off a bunch more rounds on target. Add in high capacity magazines that slam in and out, and you've got a more lethal machine.

Basically, we're comparing a design used to kill deer, where accuracy in brush, etc was key, and at most you'd get a 2nd shot off, vs killing people, where you need a whole lot of rounds in quick succession, so you want to stay on target.

So, yes, the weapons are more lethal. At least when it comes to killing people en masse
AR-15s were available to the public in the 70s and 80s. I had a brand new Colt with 30 round mags one when I was in HS. I had the full length 20” rifle. A buddy of mine had a CAR-15 version which is the same as an M-4 carbine that everyone has now. So those killing machines were there and easily available.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
AR-15s were available to the public in the 70s and 80s. I had a brand new Colt with 30 round mags one when I was in HS. I had the full length 20” rifle. A buddy of mine had a CAR-15 version which is the same as an M-4 carbine that everyone has now. So those killing machines were there and easily available.
I can honestly say they were not at the corner gun store in Grand Rapids, MN. I know. I worked there.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
At Sandy Hook Mommy thought the perfect thing to get her bug-eyed twisted little adolescent was an assault rifle. The gun cult got out of hand. It's not a man-card, no matter what the mfg says.
100% agree!! I think advertising of thes guns should be treated like cigs and booze. Warning labels and bans on advertising in ways that look like motivating someone to do stupid shit.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
That’s 100% fair. Ban this shit instead rather than the responsible use of them.
Want to target shoot? I have no problem with that. Your guns will be down at the gun club in a vault and you can have fun all day at the range (and only the range).

Want to participate in a 3 gun competition? I have no problem with that. Your guns will be down at the gun club in a vault and you can have fun all day at the range (and only the range).

Want to shoot clay pidgins? I have no problem with that. Your guns will be down at the gun club in a vault and you can have fun all day at the range (and only the range).

Want to go hunting? I have no problem with that. Check your single-shot 30-06 out at the gun club and check it in when you're done.

Want to protect your home? Get a dog.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Hmmm, I wonder what changed between then and now?
For the last 40 years, we must have been listening to different versions of the news. Fox News, and Republican politicians, have latched onto a real nifty scheme. They convince the people that there is a boogeyman in every corner, there is something to fear everywhere we look. No wonder that we have murder and mayhem and anger everywhere.
My two cents says we are past the point of no return. We are at the point that another mass shooting in a grade school, and you will see this problem answered with violence. What else do powerless people do to solve unsolvable problems? Welcome to America, if you don't like something, kill it.

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
100% agree!! I think advertising of thes guns should be treated like cigs and booze. Warning labels and bans on advertising in ways that look like motivating someone to do stupid shit.
A good proposal, Ban all advertising, since magazine and and TV are less important. Ban YouTube sponsored videos and free weapons provided for YouTubers to demo. Look at product placement in media. Does John Wick need a high capacity magazine and rapid fire rifle or will a #2 pencil suffice.

Back in the day people had guns. Grandpa’s double barrel, maybe a revolver and whatever was legal for deer in that state. Now the average gun owner has enough weapons for an infantry squad. Your target shooters probably used.22 bolt action rifles. Maybe your hicksville was more cross eyed and inbred so they used military style weapons. M-14 or M1? Neither can cull a classroom of children like a modern rifle shooting lots of light easy to carry ammo. The hicks from my childhood were from nowhere, Lousiana. Racist, redneck, and one was raped by the preacher’s daughter at age 13. Of course none of us called it rape.
1655339216553.jpeg

Last edited:
Want to target shoot? I have no problem with that. Your guns will be down at the gun club in a vault and you can have fun all day at the range (and only the range).

Want to participate in a 3 gun competition? I have no problem with that. Your guns will be down at the gun club in a vault and you can have fun all day at the range (and only the range).

Want to shoot clay pidgins? I have no problem with that. Your guns will be down at the gun club in a vault and you can have fun all day at the range (and only the range).

Want to go hunting? I have no problem with that. Check your single-shot 30-06 out at the gun club and check it in when you're done.

Want to protect your home? Get a dog.
There it is, the perfectly reasonable compromise for America's firearm safety.

Latest posts