260 Mass Shootings 160 Days, When Will it be Too Much?

Sisyphus

Tartarus
So he gets the normal teenage angst and anger, goes to the local gun store, and what next?
He becomes a responsible gun owner.

Wait, should that be in purple, I don’t know. I’ve never spoken with an irresponsible gun owner just like I’ve never spoken with a bad driver. Every driver says that they are good and every gun owner says that they are a responsible.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
My car has seatbelts, reliable brake systems, bumpers, safety glass, etc, etc, etc ALL because safety is recognized as not only valuable in the market, but required by the gov't. I'm glad you now welcome such a safety regime, including corporate culpability, for the "gun" industry.
Gunz are incredibly safe. You have to really try to make them blow up in your hands or cause any unintended damage due to a mechanical failure. Not sure what you're on about here with this line of (non) reasoning.

The meme didn't talk about safety. It was about a car killing a busload of nuns. I can take THE safest car on the road and deliberately crash it into a bus and kill all aboard. Or fall asleep at the wheel. Or drive drunk. Or...... and there is nothing that safety regime - including training, licensing, insurance and corporate culpability is going to do to stop those deaths from happening if someone uses the vehicle in a deliberately unsafe and/or malicious manner. Guns used correctly have incredible safety records. So your argument was DOA before it even left your keyboard.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
yep.... changing people's words to fit your narrative. not too suprizing. you know, for a smart person you are really stupid. fuck the second amendment.
1655512205468.png

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
So John Coryn R Senator of Texas supports these extreme measures A tentative deal he announced this week would, among other things, close a loophole to keep domestic violence offenders from getting guns and include juvenile records in background checks for would-be gun buyers under 21. For that he was loudly booed at the GOP convention in Houston this afternoon. Fuck da GOP

I saw Beto earlier at his rally, it was SRO and the guy makes sense for those of us who aren't freaking brainwashed. If he can't unseat Abbott this year I will do whatever it takes to see him send Ted Cruz to Cancun permanently in 2024. Texas going blue this year would be awesome.

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
Gunz are incredibly safe. You have to really try to make them blow up in your hands or cause any unintended damage due to a mechanical failure. Not sure what you're on about here with this line of (non) reasoning.

The meme didn't talk about safety. It was about a car killing a busload of nuns. I can take THE safest car on the road and deliberately crash it into a bus and kill all aboard. Or fall asleep at the wheel. Or drive drunk. Or...... and there is nothing that safety regime - including training, licensing, insurance and corporate culpability is going to do to stop those deaths from happening if someone uses the vehicle in a deliberately unsafe and/or malicious manner. Guns used correctly have incredible safety records. So your argument was DOA before it even left your keyboard.
A gun was shot through several walls accidently by a prosecutor in Dekalb County.

A gun was fired accidently by an investigator in Fulton County.

A GBI Agent fired his gun accidently into the hotel room next to his.

I have personal knowledge of each of these incidents. They were trained.

If they produced a widow or an orphan they ought to have insurance that would help alleviate the loss.

sparau

Super Anarchist
Sunshine Coast Aus

It seems to me the most obvious fallacy in your 'gunz equate to carz' argument is the lack of people using them to mass murder yes?
Google says ~11,000 per year die in US from drink driving so a quarter of gun deaths and I would guess few busloads of children.
Ah: edit - 40,000 road fatalities so similar number.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
A gun was shot through several walls accidently by a prosecutor in Dekalb County.

A gun was fired accidently by an investigator in Fulton County.

A GBI Agent fired his gun accidently into the hotel room next to his.

I have personal knowledge of each of these incidents. They were trained.

If they produced a widow or an orphan they ought to have insurance that would help alleviate the loss.
And you, sir, know how to get that done. Awhile back, you mentioned time on your hands ... When the people lead, the leaders will follow.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
We used to have that in many schools in the US. And kids would bring their guns to school to shoot after school. And strangely no one shot up their classmates and teachers.

Hmmmm....... I wonder what's changed between then and now????

Population.

When rats over breed, they start eating each other. Shooting is just the first step.

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
To Burning man, Cars have many purposes, mostly getting people and goods around,
As taught to me in boot camp, guns/rifles have one purpose to kill, they were designed/ built for one thing killing. It's harder to get a driver's license Then it is to buy a weapon that sole purpose is to kill, so if you're not killing or planning to kill why own a weapon?
At least give some training, testing "boot camp" before you can own a gun
I left the Military 50 years ago after 2 tours of duty in Nam and never picked up a gun again!