260 Mass Shootings 160 Days, When Will it be Too Much?

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
18 U.S.C. § 1111 defines murder as the unlawful killing of a human being with malice, and divides it into two degrees. Murder in the first degree is punishable by death.Jan 17, 2020

So, "self murder" sounds bad but either way yeer dead which was the idea.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
Yep they are just as dead by self murder as if they used a rope or drugs. When does the rope ban start?
Bzzzzzz. Number 9. Thanks for playing.
1655587359909.png

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
I heard an alarming story on the news from WPAFB. Service members and military contractors (mostly ex military guys using their connections) aren’t allowed to carry on base. Even though no training is required for Ohio concealed carry and the military trained and vetted these guys itself, the military doesn’t trust them. Weapons have to be securely locked in their cars.

Even more confusing, I was watching the curator of BB NEW JERSEY tour one of the ship’s small arms lockers. Apparently the Reagan era navy didn’t trust its sailors either, and issued weapons based on their impression of need instead of allowing them to be well armed ‘just in case’.

Why isn’t a well armed ship or base a safe one @Burning Man ?

Last edited:

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
But they could suggest it. Can you imagine if someone did? Where’s your imagination?

Aside from that, it's a stepping stone. Once they start limiting the right to own weapons... not just guns, the sacred 2nd Amendment says "arms" and it's obvious they mean military weapons like artillery and hand grenades and Stingers... then our rights will topple on by one as they take away more and more.

Oh wait.....

basketcase

Fuck you second amendment
a long way from home
Aside from that, it's a stepping stone. Once they start limiting the right to own weapons... not just guns, the sacred 2nd Amendment says "arms" and it's obvious they mean military weapons like artillery and hand grenades and Stingers... then our rights will topple on by one as they take away more and more.

Oh wait.....
And tanks. I want a fucking tank. Fuck you second amendment.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
So, is it yes or no?
You've gotten rather cross with suggestions that you're actually a raving loonie gunnutz ammosexual k'blammist; and a few times you've posted "suggestions" that were very sensible with regard to limits on who can have their gunz.

Then you pull back into your shell and start this kicking and screaming and throwing tantrum that you cannot accept any restrictions because us goddam libby-rull gungrabbers are such meanies and besides guns are nice & furry & cuddly and they only kill the weak.
Or something.

You must have a long beard.
Hey steam liar, I'm curious...... how is pointing out that self-murders are not relevant to a discussion about mass shootings and actual murders making me "pull back into your shell and start this kicking and screaming and throwing tantrum that you cannot accept any restrictions"??? I'm happy to discuss restrictions that limit bad people from hurting good people. However, if someone wants to quit and check out of life because they are a coward/pussy and can't handle what some asshole on the internetz said - then I'm more than happy for Darwin to get his tribute. I don't see how the two are connected to each other in the slightest.

Now, if you wish to discuss better ways that we can offer mental health and suicide prevention to those who feel like there is no recourse to self-murderating - then start a new thread and I'll be a willing participant. BUt using suicides to pad your numbers to make gunz look bad makes you a disingenuous cunt.

I find it interesting that given the number of gunz in the US and the % of our deaths are self-murders.... that the US is still just pretty average overall in self-murder globally. I don't see Japan outlawing/banning ceremonial seppuku swords despite than their suicide rate is quite a bit higher than ours and they have some of the strictest gun laws in the world.

Just saying.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
No, it isn't the vast majority. There were 45,222 firearm deaths and 24,292 of them were suicides. That's according to the CDC.
We regret the confusion.
ok, maybe not vast majority. But suicides are definitely more than half. Homicides are only 42% of the total numbers of deaths. Let's break that down a bit more, shall we?

Total firearm deaths:
1655623254556.png

Total Suicide:
1655623341296.png

Total Homicide
1655623148137.png

Legal intervention
1655623459679.png

Accidents
1655623528184.png

Unknown:
1655623630726.png

The point being is that 19K is a MUCH less scary number than 45K when it comes to gun murders. When you and the rest of your elk throw that 45K around - everyone shits their pants.

I'm sorry (not sorry), but I'm not willingly giving up my Big C rights for a bunch of quitters who refuse to avail themselves of the myriad of pathways they can to get help to get over what they consider an untenable situation. Boo hoo.

Meanwhile drug overdose deaths exceed 100K every year. Not only are we NOT banning the mechanisms to achieve that like Needles and drug dens and such - but we're fucking GIVING them that shit to do it. That's the same analogy as giving the gang bangers the high cap mags and ammo they need to commit their drive-bys.

Now don't get me wrong - I support the concept of needle exchanges and safe spaces to get fucked up - because there are good reasons to do it. But there already is extremely tight regulations (opioids) and bans (illegal narcotics) on the actual thing that is killing people and the death rates are going UP, not down. And you think the same thing is going to work with gunz?? If so, you're delusional. Same thing happened in the 20s...... Ban alcohol and the violence went UP, not down.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
I heard an alarming story on the news from WPAFB. Service members and military contractors (mostly ex military guys using their connections) aren’t allowed to carry on base. Even though no training is required for Ohio concealed carry and the military trained and vetted these guys itself, the military doesn’t trust them. Weapons have to be securely locked in their cars.

Even more confusing, I was watching the curator of BB NEW JERSEY tour one of the ship’s small arms lockers. Apparently the Reagan era navy didn’t trust its sailors either, and issued weapons based on their impression of need instead of allowing them to be well armed ‘just in case’.

Why isn’t a well armed ship or base a safe one @Burning Man ?
It's the base commanders perogative. The base I work on allows carry on base if you have a CCW. So does the USAF base across town. I've been carrying on base for years now. As a contractor no less.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Assault rifles are a tool designed and optimized for killing a lot of people in a hurry. They are so advertised too.

Cars are not.
It still doesn't make them "unsafe" machines. They work as exactly as intended. A trigger pull fires a single round - discharging a projectile downrange at a specified velocity. They don't crash, they rarely blow up, they don't catch on fire, they don't spontaneously break out of the safe on their own and start shooting down small puppies, children and catholic nuns. It has ZERO to do with what the tool was "designed" for. Any tool can be dangerous if used incorrectly and 100% safe if used responsibly.

It takes a human with a malicious heart to deliberately use that tool irresponsibly and unsafely. If someone REALLY wanted to be a mass murderer and go for the high score....... they would rent a box truck, fill it with gasoline and propane tanks and drive down the sidewalk on the Vegas Strip at 10pm on a Saturday night with a deadman switch to an ignitor in the back. He/she would get at least 100 in just the kinetic impact into the crowd. Probably 200 if you could get onto Freemont St on the Old strip. Depending on how far they got..... the deadman switch released and the resulting FAE explosion would probably take out 50 first responders.

But Box trucks, propane and gasoline are not intended nor advertised to kill. Yet they easily can. It's all about the human that wields the hammer.......

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Assault rifles are a tool designed and optimized for killing a lot of people in a hurry. They are so advertised too.

Cars are not.
So you're saying that battlefield .22's and other such weapons of mass destruction are suitable militia weapons?

I tend to agree. I think that inclusion in an "assault" weapon ban is a sure indication that a weapon should receive the highest level of second amendment protection. Of course, I read the first half of that amendment and think that militias operated outdoors, so I have lots of wacky ideas that are not at all TeamD friendly.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
My car has seatbelts, reliable brake systems, bumpers, safety glass, etc, etc, etc ALL because safety is recognized as not only valuable in the market, but required by the gov't. I'm glad you now welcome such a safety regime, including corporate culpability, for the "gun" industry.

OK, so what safety equipment should be required by government on guns? What is making them so unsafe for gun owners? Touching that you're so concerned about those who defy TeamD and own guns. Also weird that no gun owners seem to be demanding this safety equipment.

Um... which safety equipment again?

Cue crickets. There's no such equipment. He's just mad that gun (and car) owners are not held responsible for the actions of criminals. That's the only liability exemption guns get but let's see if Raz will admit that's the real objection here.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Hey steam liar, I'm curious...... how is pointing out that self-murders are not relevant to a discussion about mass shootings

Interesting how how lie your ass off.... deliberately... on something that's easy to check.... about suicide statistics; then call me a liar just because I point out you're making yourself look like a fool.

So, is your point that until there are no suicides by gun, there should be no restrictions on gun purchase? Isn't that like it's OK for cops to shoot black people because black people shoot other black people?

Latest posts