260 Mass Shootings 160 Days, When Will it be Too Much?

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
Here you go, joey.  I'll do the work for you, and this is just page 1:

6-10-2021 MICHIGAN DETROIT 4-2

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured
  • Shot - Dead (murder, accidental, suicide)
  • Child Involved Incident
  • Child injured (not child shooter)
  • Drive-by (car to street, car to car)
  • Mass Shooting (4+ victims injured or killed excluding the subject/suspect/perpetrator, one location)

Notes

Near Woodrow Wilson St; 2 shooters

6-10-2021 NEW YORK YONKERS 4-0

ncident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured
  • Mass Shooting (4+ victims injured or killed excluding the subject/suspect/perpetrator, one location)
  • Gang involvement

6-08-2021 TENNESSEE NASHVILLE 4-2

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured
  • Accidental Shooting
  • Accidental Shooting - Death
  • Stray bullet

Notes

north Nashville, woman killed in car stopped at light next to three shot in another car that crashed driving to hospital in 2100 block of Hayes St at 20th Ave N

6-08-2021 TEXAS HOUSTON 5-3

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured
  • Bar/club incident - in or around establishment
  • Assault weapon (AR-15, AK-47, and ALL variants defined by law enforcement)

6-07-2021 OHIO CLEVELAND 6-0

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured

6-06-2021 MISSOURI SAINT LOUIS 4-0

ncident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured

Notes

near Chestnut St; near Kiefer Plaza, up to 3 subjects with assault rifles

6-06-2021 NORTH CAROLINA SNOW HILL 4-0

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured
  • House party / Block Party / Park Party

Notes

Block party at trailer park

6-06-2021 OHIO CLEVELAND 8-0

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured

6-06-2021 FLORIDA MIAMI (KENDALL) 9-0

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured

6-06-2021 CALIFORNIA OAKLAND 5-0

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured

6-06-2021 UTAH SALT LAKE CITY 5-0

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured

6-06-2021 ILLINOIS CHICAGO 8-2

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured

Notes

6 men, 2 women wounded, standing on sidewalk;

6-05-2021 INDIANA INDIANAPOLIS 4-0

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured

Notes

parking lot

6-05-2021 LOUISIANA NEW ORLEANS 9-0

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured

6-02-2021 OHIO SPRINGFIELD 6-2

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured
  • Possession of gun by felon or prohibited person

Notes

Celebration of life party at event hall. 2 suspects arrested. Victims range from 20-25 y/o. Multiple shooters.

5-31-2021 OHIO CLEVELAND (GARFIELD HEIGHTS) 6-0

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured
  • Accidental Shooting
  • Accidental Shooting - Injury
  • Accidental/Negligent Discharge
  • Self-Inflicted (not suicide or suicide attempt - NO PERP)

Notes

Person fired shots at random at party. Man accidentally shot self in leg while dropping victim off at hospital.

5-30-2021 FLORIDA MIAMI 23-3

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured
  • Defensive Use
  • Defensive Use - Shots fired, no injury/death
  • Shootout (where VENN diagram of shooters and victims overlap)

Notes

rap concert; 21 shot; hooded subjects fired into crowd with assault rifles, handguns; multiple people return fire, unclear if subjects hit

^^^ research by fluffy jeff   :)

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Honest and sincere question.....  how many of those were gang or drug war related?  I'm betting most of them.  Know why???  Aside from the couple that have made the news, the ones that don't get covered are almost always gang shootings.     

nevermind - I went to the source and started going through the incidents starting with the most recent.  Drive By, Drive-by, Drive-by, drive-by, Block party, drive-by..... and then I got bored because it was just so easy to answer my own question.  

Sorry, but these gangstas - mostly black teens and young adults - (Hi Joe) are not the "American Gun Culture".  I am the American gun culture and I have as much in common with these murderous thugs as Mikewoofers has with humility and brevity.  
I would think that the people doing the shooting are the gun culture defined. You’re just a poseur.

Mid

Super Anarchist
Charlton%2BHeston%2B%2526%2Bflintlock%252C%2BCold%2BDead%2BHands%2Bspeech%255B11%255D

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Get used to it, none of us will see any change.

Other than it getting worse.

Maybe our great grandchildren will but I'm not optimistic about even that.

Actually, I'm not even that optimistic about their mere survival.

Happy

Super Anarchist
Tropical Oz
 Why haven't the 2ndA supporters come out and said what's really on their minds: "It's mostly black gang kids killing each other, and nobody's shot up my kid's school yet, and I really love my customized 1911 and my P226 and both my Glocks and my AR15 and my shotguns, so fuck all y'all! Freedom!!"

loneshark64

Super Anarchist
Midcoast Maine
Please don't reply unless you have a possible solution.
Fund the police. 

This won’t solve, but right now crime in general is skyrocketing and many of the mass and single shootings are a symptom of the crime problem. Chicago, NY, LA have a lot less cops than 2 yrs ago. Education, body cams, more cops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
That would take most of the money out of the drug trade.

It wouldn't take the need/desire for money away from those who have few prospects. What crimes do you think they'd go into if not drug sales?

FKT
Crimes that should be crimes, perhaps. Better than crimes that should not be crimes IMO.

We used to have alcohol gangs, then prohibition was ended and they mostly went away. But we still have moonshiners and bootleggers and for those who actually care enough to look at the individual mass shootings being cited by badlat, a large number of them involve bars late at night. Some of those are probably crimes that have to do with the stupid drug war, but most are probably because the Temperance Movement people had a point. Alcohol is a dangerous drug and leads to societal problems. It's just that prohibiting it was worse.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
 Why haven't the 2ndA supporters come out and said what's really on their minds: "It's mostly black gang kids killing each other, and nobody's shot up my kid's school yet, and I really love my customized 1911 and my P226 and both my Glocks and my AR15 and my shotguns, so fuck all y'all! Freedom!!"
Jeffreaux did 

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Mohammed Bin Lyin said:
You could redefine mass shootings to 5 or more killed not including the offender like we did in Australia so things like this aren't counted as mass shooting when spruiking off the success of gun laws. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash_University_shooting

There is a bit of a difference with GVA they include all shootings even self defence to boost their numbers which helps by using fear to push their gun grabbing agenda.

Is Mother Jones a credible source or is it leftist bullshit? 

Mother Jones says 125 mass shootings in the US since 1982, if we use the Australian definition of 5 or more killed not including the offender then this number drops to less than 100 mass shootings since 1982.

The problem with discussing mass shootings is there is no common definition for them the gun grabbers use whatever definition boosts their numbers. It gets even worse when comparing different countries that have different definitions.

We have an absurd definition in Australia where 5 or more have to be killed for it to be a mass shooting which means the Monash University shooting isn't counted as a mass shooting because the required quota of deaths wasn't reached.
Mother Jones is indeed a leftist magazine, mostly, their investigations are factual and keep a standard.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Mohammed Bin Lyin said:
Mass shooting

There is a lack of consensus on how to define a mass shooting. Most definitions describe a minimum of three or four victims of gun violence (not including the shooter), although an Australian study from 2006 proscribed a minimum of five; and added a requirement that the victims actually died as opposed to being shot and injured but not necessarily killed.[1].

Most mass shootings occur in the United States where the Violent Crimes Act of 2012 defines mass shootings as events in which three or more people are shot - generally in a public place such as a school or workplace. Media outlets such as CNN and some crime violence research groups such as the Gun Violence Archive define mass shootings as involving "four or more shot (injured or killed) in a single incident, at the same general time and location, not including the shooter".[2] Sometimes shootings involving three or more victims occur in non-public situations such as when one member of a family shoots all the other members in the family home. These killings are known as familicides and are not included in mass shooting statistics.

The motive for mass shootings (which occur in public situations) is a defining feature in that they are usually committed by deeply disgruntled individuals seeking revenge or payback for failures in school, career, romance and life in general.[3] If multiple people are shot in a robbery or killed in a terrorist attack, these deaths are also not included under the definition of mass shootings.[4]  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting
I think that one of the things that should be done is address suicide and separate it from gun death totals. It is a public health issue, and suicide should be addressed separately. Currently, suicide accounts for 60% of gun deaths https://health.ucdavis.edu/what-you-can-do/facts.html.

This gives us a more realistic and less sensational way of looking at the problem.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Mohammed Bin Lyin said:
I don't think defensive gun use where nobody is charged or justifiable shootings from law enforcement should be counted with gun deaths they should be counted in a different category.
Focus groups and press sensationalism are issues that need to be addresses but how? The people want some of that.

Anger is the cause of much gun violence what is the proper way to address that?

Man Shot 6-Year-Old; Attacked Him With A Sledgehammer For Leaving His Bike On Front Lawn

A Michigan man is accused of opening fire on a 6-year-old boy who left his bicycle in front of the man’s home. 

Ryan Le-Nguyen, 29, faces charges of assault and intent to murder in Ypsilanti Township. 

Coby Daniel, 6, suffered a gunshot wound to his arm and was rushed to hospital following the Saturday incident. He’s expected to make a full recovery. 

Arnold Daniel, the boy’s father, told Detroit television station WJBK that Le-Nguyen first attacked the young boy with a sledgehammer when he left his bike on the man's front lawn. When the boy went to retrieve the bike, his father say Le-Nguyen opened fire, shooting the child in the arm. 

Later in the story it says he was released on bail of $10K. 

https://www.oxygen.com/crime-news/ryan-le-nguyen-allegedly-shot-6-year-old-over-bicycle