260 Mass Shootings 160 Days, When Will it be Too Much?

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
You can't separate guns from those reponsible and irresponsible, the NRA worked hard to make access to everyone. You may be the American gun culture, and you will pay just the same.  I am looking for solutions, not finger pointing.
Yes, you absolutely CAN separate those responsible and irresponsible.  We do that for everything else..... drunk driving, murder, you name it.  I don't recall ANY push to ban alcohol or cars from MADD during the heyday of the DUI crisis.  Notice the name is Mothers against DRUNK DRIVING, not mothers against booze.  They tried that back in the early 1900s and failed miserably.  Any "prohibition" against things that enable bad behavior will fail as miserably as all past and current attempts at prohibition.  Good luck with that.

And you are dead wrong on the NRA.  You're lying and you know it, or at best being deliberately disingenuous.  The NRA did not "expand access to everyone".  They tried to slow down further obstacles to access - there is a difference.  Gunz, whether you believe it or not, are MUCH MUCH harder to get now than they were in the 60s, 70s and 80s.  Access has been made harder, not easier.  There are more people with gunz because more people want gunz and they jump through the ADDITIONAL hurdles despite the grabber's attempts to stop them.  And THAT is what infuriates you and your elk the most.  Which I find massively ironic coming from the guy who not only returned his scar back onto the street bypassing those rules but now claims you have something even betterer than your previous assault rifle.  Typical "do as I say, not as I do" BS.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
 Why haven't the 2ndA supporters come out and said what's really on their minds: "It's mostly black gang kids killing each other, and nobody's shot up my kid's school yet, and I really love my customized 1911 and my P226 and both my Glocks and my AR15 and my shotguns, so fuck all y'all! Freedom!!"
I've come out and said that many times.  Blacks don't seem to mind that they are killing each other and gun-grabbers don't seem to care or acknowledge that is the case.  And the media and politicians certainly don't care that blacks gang kids are killing each other, as evadent by their loud silence on the issue - so why the fuck should I care or give up my rights if no one else gives a damn?  

If the grabberz instead would just be honest about it and:

1. Admit the majority of gun deaths are suicides, and.....
  2. Admit the majority of mass shootings are gang/drug related turf wars
  3. Target solutions to those two primary drivers of gun violence instead of blanket bans/restrictions that take away the rights of the vast majority of legal and law-abiding gun owners

Then you would have a willing and enthusiastic partner in that effort from us law abiding gun owners to adopt common sense legislation that addresses those root causes of the majority of the issues.  But they won't budge on it, so neither will we.  Fuck you, 2nd Amendment!

Wake the fuck up to the reality!  Even @badlatitude is now distancing himself from his own link now that I pointed out that the majority of those shootings are black kids shooting each other.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
I've come out and said that many times.  Blacks don't seem to mind that they are killing each other and gun-grabbers don't seem to care or acknowledge that is the case.  And the media and politicians certainly don't care that blacks gang kids are killing each other, as evadent by their loud silence on the issue - so why the fuck should I care or give up my rights if no one else gives a damn?  

If the grabberz instead would just be honest about it and:

1. Admit the majority of gun deaths are suicides, and.....
  2. Admit the majority of mass shootings are gang/drug related turf wars
  3. Target solutions to those two primary drivers of gun violence instead of blanket bans/restrictions that take away the rights of the vast majority of legal and law-abiding gun owners

Then you would have a willing and enthusiastic partner in that effort from us law abiding gun owners to adopt common sense legislation that addresses those root causes of the majority of the issues.  But they won't budge on it, so neither will we.  Fuck you, 2nd Amendment!

Wake the fuck up to the reality!  Even @badlatitude is now distancing himself from his own link now that I pointed out that the majority of those shootings are black kids shooting each other.  
Why would black kids shooting each other NOT be an issue for gun control study? Are you suggesting that it's fine for black kids to shoot each other, or that gungrabberz think it's fine? I would prefer to hold black kids to as high a standard as police officers.

- DSK

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
I think that one of the things that should be done is address suicide and separate it from gun death totals. It is a public health issue, and suicide should be addressed separately. Currently, suicide accounts for 60% of gun deaths https://health.ucdavis.edu/what-you-can-do/facts.html.

This gives us a more realistic and less sensational way of looking at the problem.
Well, that's a step in the right direction.  Please write your critters and tell them that.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Why would black kids shooting each other NOT be an issue for gun control study? Are you suggesting that it's fine for black kids to shoot each other, or that gungrabberz think it's fine? I would prefer to hold black kids to as high a standard as police officers.

- DSK
I never said it was "fine".  I said I want at least some honesty in the discussion to make it clear that it's not just your run of the day average folks who suddenly snap, pick up an AK-47 and kill a bunch of kids or rando people in a shopping mall.  THAT is the layman's and media's definition of "mass shooting" and you damn well know it.  But by labeling every gang shootout as a Mass shooting to pad your numbers and present to the public that there have been "260 mass shootings in 160 days, OMG!!" is utter horseshit.  Its deliberate disingenuousness and outright lies to whip up an emotional reaction to get buy in for more regulations on everyone.  Because you know damn well that if you tried to label a gang shooting as a mass shooting on the news in the same way as a mass shooting at a school or walmart - you would get a big fat "meh" from pretty much everyone concerned.  

Yes, you absolutely CAN separate those responsible and irresponsible.  We do that for everything else..... drunk driving, murder, you name it.  I don't recall ANY push to ban alcohol or cars from MADD during the heyday of the DUI crisis.  Notice the name is Mothers against DRUNK DRIVING, not mothers against booze.  They tried that back in the early 1900s and failed miserably.  Any "prohibition" against things that enable bad behavior will fail as miserably as all past and current attempts at prohibition.  Good luck with that.

And you are dead wrong on the NRA.  You're lying and you know it, or at best being deliberately disingenuous.  The NRA did not "expand access to everyone".  They tried to slow down further obstacles to access - there is a difference.  Gunz, whether you believe it or not, are MUCH MUCH harder to get now than they were in the 60s, 70s and 80s.  Access has been made harder, not easier.  There are more people with gunz because more people want gunz and they jump through the ADDITIONAL hurdles despite the grabber's attempts to stop them.  And THAT is what infuriates you and your elk the most.  Which I find massively ironic coming from the guy who not only returned his scar back onto the street bypassing those rules but now claims you have something even betterer than your previous assault rifle.  Typical "do as I say, not as I do" BS.
"guns are much harder to get now than they were in the 60s,70s,and 80s."

The proliferation of firearms in America says, ya sure buddy, you must be smoking that quality B.C. bud.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist

While you weren't looking America bought twice as many guns as they had in 1968. Guns are easy to buy, depending on what state you happen to live in. Even California lets you buy a gun after you take a 30 question test that you have to get 75% right. Yes, even a SCAR 17S, with minor restrictions, and you know as well as I that most gun nuts have large capacity magazines that they have hidden in the event of Armageddon.

Last, you pass judgment when you don't even have all the facts. For a smart boy you really are a jackoff.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
"guns are much harder to get now than they were in the 60s,70s,and 80s."

The proliferation of firearms in America says, ya sure buddy, you must be smoking that quality B.C. bud.
BS!!  Do not confuse numbers of guns with how hard it is or was to get them.  I bought my first AR-15 when I was a Sr in HS (< 18).  All I had to do was show a driver's license and sign a ledger confirming the sale.  No background check, no nothing.  I handed over my $400 in cash and walked out with it.  Took about 10 minutes.  I also bought several rifles before that through a mail order catalogue.  I had a British enfield .303 and a M-1 carbine.  When I was in middle school, I bought a Rem 1100 20 ga shotgun from my local club to compete in skeet competitions.  I was what.... 12?  

In the 70s and 80s and even into the 90s, you could buy a handgun or a rifle in any ACE hardware store and the transaction would take maybe 10 min, 15 if they were busy.  I bought an FN FAL at a Walmart in NC in the late 90s.  I signed a ledger with my name and DL and walked out with it.  

Educate yourself and stop coming off as a jackass.  Guns are WAAAAAY harder to purchase legally now.  It was weird that we had so few mass shootings back in the 60s, 70s and 80s despite the lack of gun laws.  I wonder what changed???

Last edited by a moderator:

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
While you weren't looking America bought twice as many guns as they had in 1968. Guns are easy to buy, depending on what state you happen to live in. Even California lets you buy a gun after you take a 30 question test that you have to get 75% right. Yes, even a SCAR 17S, with minor restrictions, and you know as well as I that most gun nuts have large capacity magazines that they have hidden in the event of Armageddon.

Last, you pass judgment when you don't even have all the facts. For a smart boy you really are a jackoff.
Again, more BS!  While guns are not exceedingly hard to buy legally, they are nowhere as easy as they were once upon a time when there were no mass shootings.  The number of guns purchased now compared to 1968 has fuck all to do with "ease" as it has to do with want. The more you try to restrict or ban something, the more people want it.  Same with booze in the 1920 and the same with drugs now.  As soon as you say you can't have something, people go out and get it before they can't.  I'm not blaming Obama himself for it, but the surge in gun sales, specifically AWs, spiked as soon as he got elected when there was even the whiff of a Dem in the WH and a Dem controlled congress.  Everyone remembered the AW ban under clinton and didn't want to get caught out.  When trump was elected, sales dropped.  When it became apparent biden was going to win or at least had a good chance - sales soared again.  Obviously the US cities burning all summer of 2020 fueled the gun and ammo sales as well.  

I'll say it one more fracking time.... the supposed "ease" of current gun sale processes has fuck all zero to do with gun crime.  Legal purchases are nowhere near as easy as they once were back when there were hardly any mass murders.  What changed?

BS!!  Do not confuse numbers of guns with how hard it is or was to get them.  I bought my first AR-15 when I was a Sr in HS (< 18).  All I had to do was show a driver's license and sign a ledger confirming the sale.  No background check, no nothing.  I handed over my $400 in cash and walked out with it.  Took about 10 minutes.  I also bought several rifles before that through a mail order catalogue.  I had a British enfield .303 and a M-1 carbine.  When I was in middle school, I bought a Rem 1100 20 ga shotgun from my local club to compete in skeet competitions.  I was what.... 12?  

In the 70s and 80s and even into the 90s, you could buy a handgun or a rifle in any ACE hardware store and the transaction would take maybe 10 min, 15 if they were busy.  I bought an FN FAL at a Walmart in NC in the late 90s.  I signed a ledger with my name and DL and walked out with it.  

Educate yourself and stop coming off as a jackass.  Guns are WAAAAAY harder to purchase legally now.  It was weird that we had so few mass shootings back in the 60s, 70s and 80s despite the lack of gun laws.  I wonder what changed???
The only thing that changed is, the substantial volume of firearms out in the average idiot American public's hands.

But hey if your in the "Ill give you my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands" gun club, then that's why its far more difficult for you to be objective.

Which is obvious.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
The only thing that changed is, the substantial volume of firearms out in the average idiot American public's hands.

But hey if your in the "Ill give you my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands" gun club, then that's why its far more difficult for you to be objective.

Which is obvious.
Moving the goalposts when you are not winning your argument.  I gave you definitive examples of guns being FAR easier to purchase a long time ago when you claimed the reason there are so many guns in circulation is because it's too easy to purchase them.  Now you're changing it to the problem itself is there are just too many guns out there.  Make up your mind.  Note that our population has increased a lot since the 70s.  BLUF:  Guns are harder to buy now, not easier.  There were less mass shootings when guns were easier to get, so the supposed "ease" of getting guns is not the problem. 

Maybe, just maybe, the problem is that our society has changed such that it has encouraged people to kill each other more, value life less, and commit suicide more.  Address the root causes of that problem..... and you will decrease the number of mass shootings and gun violence.  

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Then we are done. Please post a suggestion on how to contain gun violence.
I already did.

Maybe, just maybe, the problem is that our society has changed such that it has encouraged people to kill each other more, value life less, and commit suicide more.  Address the root causes of that problem..... and you will decrease the number of mass shootings and gun violence.