260 Mass Shootings 160 Days, When Will it be Too Much?

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
But hey if your in the "Ill give you my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands" gun club, then that's why its far more difficult for you to be objective.

Which is obvious.
You are wrong there again as well..... I have numerous times over the years here offered common sense gun control suggestions.  Pay attention.

Maybe, just maybe, the problem is that our society has changed such that it has encouraged people to kill each other more, value life less, and commit suicide more.  Address the root causes of that problem..... and you will decrease the number of mass shootings and gun violence.  
You are almost right with this, add in a population with far, far, far, too easy access to firearms, and you've just about nailed it.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
"guns are much harder to get now than they were in the 60s,70s,and 80s."

The proliferation of firearms in America says, ya sure buddy, you must be smoking that quality B.C. bud.
The Merc is a racist idiot gun nut.

All that needs be said other than that the ignore button is your friend.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Again, more BS!  While guns are not exceedingly hard to buy legally, they are nowhere as easy as they were once upon a time when there were no mass shootings.  The number of guns purchased now compared to 1968 has fuck all to do with "ease" as it has to do with want. The more you try to restrict or ban something, the more people want it.  Same with booze in the 1920 and the same with drugs now.  As soon as you say you can't have something, people go out and get it before they can't.  I'm not blaming Obama himself for it, but the surge in gun sales, specifically AWs, spiked as soon as he got elected when there was even the whiff of a Dem in the WH and a Dem controlled congress.  Everyone remembered the AW ban under clinton and didn't want to get caught out.  When trump was elected, sales dropped.  When it became apparent biden was going to win or at least had a good chance - sales soared again.  Obviously the US cities burning all summer of 2020 fueled the gun and ammo sales as well.  

I'll say it one more fracking time.... the supposed "ease" of current gun sale processes has fuck all zero to do with gun crime.  Legal purchases are nowhere near as easy as they once were back when there were hardly any mass murders.  What changed?
Folks feel the need to get a gun cause their fucknut neighbor has 18.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
"guns are much harder to get now than they were in the 60s,70s,and 80s."

The proliferation of firearms in America says, ya sure buddy, you must be smoking that quality B.C. bud.
You may not like it, but he's correct.

One possible caveat - maybe guns are a lot cheaper now than then and therefore more affordable and easier to purchase. But WRT general availability and laws, he's right.

Want to actually get some respect? Don't try arguing bullshit. We've seen how that goes.

FKT

Happy

Super Anarchist
Tropical Oz
.......... now that I pointed out that the majority of those shootings are black kids shooting each other......  
So that's OK then. You know those people breed like rabbits. White people really need lots of guns to feel safe. Besides, having a bunch of guns makes you feel powerful, worthy of respect, and possibly a bit bigger-dicked.

Last edited by a moderator:

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Austin: 13 Shot, Shooter Not In Custody

AUSTIN, Texas -- A shooting in a busy entertainment district in downtown Austin, Texas injured 13 people early Saturday, and police said the suspected shooter was not in custody. 

Two of the injured people were in critical condition but as of the news conference at 4 a.m. local time, no one had died, interim Austin Police Chief Joseph Chacon said. 

Gunfire erupted just before 1:30 a.m. along 6th Street, a popular area filled with bars and restaurants. The street was barricaded to keep out vehicle traffic at the time of the shooting, Chacon said. 

It was unclear what sparked the shooting.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/injured-shooting-downtown-austin-texas-78236667 

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Another mass shooting - this time in Savannah Georgia?

At least 1 person has been killed and 8 others have been injured in a mass shooting on a residential street in Savannah, Georgia, local officials and witnesses say. Only few details are currently available. 

The incident happened at around 9 p.m. on Friday when officers were called for a shooting in the 200 block of Avery Street, a residential area near the Savannah River. It is part of the Fred Wessels Homes neighborhood. 

Bianca Johnson, a spokeswoman for the Savannah Police Department, told BNO News that nine people were found with gunshot wounds, including one person who died. Johnson initially said two people died but later issued a correction, saying only one death had been confirmed. 

Several other victims were being treated at area hospitals for injuries which appeared to be serious or critical, Johnson said. Two further victims, a 2-year-old who was struck in the foot area and a 13-year-old, suffered non-life threatening injuries. 

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2021/06/at-least-9-shot-in-savannah-georgia/

jocal505

moderate, informed gunowner
Seattle, Wa
jfc, what a mess, is the violence thing

this is where it goes: to epidemic status

my brain is numb now

and the matter of the outdoor guns will be faced by the sc in october

all the best to us

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
You are wrong there again as well..... I have numerous times over the years here offered common sense gun control suggestions.  Pay attention.
But you'll never give up your personal armory without being forced to. So your just another member in the club.
That's because being forced to give up my armory is neither common sense gun control nor will it do anything whatsoever to address the root causes of the issues.  Taking my gunz away will not even stop the "mass shootings" in BL's list above, since I'm willing to bet that the large majority of those drive-by shooters didn't purchase their gunz legally in the first place.