260 Mass Shootings 160 Days, When Will it be Too Much?

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
Let the truths of this come out before damning anybody beyond the perp, I say. There is something really wrong about what I'm hearing. The call to go right in does not extend to a suicidal Banzai charge down a long hall by a single officer and wouldn't have saved anyone. Yet the comments coming from supposed experts, taken at face value,. assert anything less would be rank cowardice and is responsible for all the kids getting killed. 

It seems people are primed to go after the cops in these situations for some reason.  It's puzzling and fucked up. 
Not really. I can only compare this feckless response to the one at my school.  LE cleared our building and surrounding alley etc without knowing if there was 1 or more shooter nor where he he was.  While there was still gunfire.  In 1/2 the time it took those plonkers to take down a single door LE took off 20 doors in my school. Think on that

Last edited by a moderator:

phill_nz

Super Anarchist
internet atm
And according to Michael Cohen, TFG's biggest fear is getting a pie in the face.  Maybe he thinks wiping it off will remove his orange.
so you are saying they should add a little hydrogen peroxide to the cream ?

that will work .. i dont think it will remove it evenly though .. could look a bit cammo style

esp if it's not mixed in evenly

giegs

Anarchist
Arid
Let the truths of this come out before damning anybody beyond the perp, I say. There is something really wrong about what I'm hearing. The call to go right in does not extend to a suicidal Banzai charge down a long hall by a single officer and wouldn't have saved anyone. Yet the comments coming from supposed experts, taken at face value,. assert anything less would be rank cowardice and is responsible for all the kids getting killed. 

It seems people are primed to go after the cops in these situations for some reason.  It's puzzling and fucked up. 
There's a lot of space between a suicidal charge and standing around with your thumb up your ass.

People are responding to the realization that police are not there to protect them, as has been repeatedly confirmed by the Supreme Court. Not puzzling at all.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth

I’m content to see where the story ends up but it doesn’t seem to be getting better with more info, it is getting worse. At this point, I am becoming more interested in details like the amount of segregation in the local schools, and like issues. Waiting 40-60 minutes? There’s more to the story. The longer it takes to come out, the broader the investigation should be. 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile

I'm the kid of a cop. I have great respect for the work my father did, and the men (at the time, all men) on his force.

But the fact that a 11 year old kid called 911 multiple times pleading for help? Come on. They were there. They had the force. They had training. They fucking failed. Big F. Their leadership failed, and everyone on that force should be barred from ever serving the public. 

Hey, the 4 guys who watched Floyd get murdered were also just following procedure. They won't be cops again, either.

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
I'm the kid of a cop. I have great respect for the work my father did, and the men (at the time, all men) on his force.

But the fact that a 11 year old kid called 911 multiple times pleading for help? Come on. They were there. They had the force. They had training. They fucking failed. Big F. Their leadership failed, and everyone on that force should be barred from ever serving the public. 

Hey, the 4 guys who watched Floyd get murdered were also just following procedure. They won't be cops again, either.
  I am unclear on what force they had and when they had it myself. As I mentioned before, listened to some reporting around noon today and the stories are STILL changing, and as yet do not provide a clear picture of who got there when and no depiction of the lay-out is available yet. 

Anything but saving all the kids is a failure, I suppose, but we do not make our schools into fortresses.

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
I’m content to see where the story ends up but it doesn’t seem to be getting better with more info, it is getting worse. At this point, I am becoming more interested in details like the amount of segregation in the local schools, and like issues. Waiting 40-60 minutes? There’s more to the story. The longer it takes to come out, the broader the investigation should be. 
Some folks gots some splainin' to do, definitely. 

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
So your whole idea of separating battlefield .22's from other assault weapons just can't happen.
Noobs: "Battlefield .22s" translates to autoloaders. Mind, the Ruger 10-22 can be made to fire 30 rounds in 2 [two] seconds, and can go bang bang bang as fast as you can pull the trigger. And, to quote the box they came in, "can travel a mile."

These fat guys in Uvalde with their silver beaver hats look ridiculous.

Is it just me?

ETA: I see fat cops? I don't see blue, I see red. Fat cops should be an oxonna Baiull  or something. something.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Noobs: "Battlefield .22s" translates to autoloaders. Mind, the Ruger 10-22 can be made to fire 30 rounds in 2 [two] seconds, and can go bang bang bang as fast as you can pull the trigger. And, to quote the box they came in, "can travel a mile."

These fat guys in Uvalde with their silver beaver hats look ridiculous.

Is it just me?
I pretty much ignore Tedious Tom when it comes to dogballs, but if he really is slapping autoloaders on it, and has the kit to convert to full auto? Yeah, confiscate that shit and melt it down.

giegs

Anarchist
Arid
If anyone is interested:

Texas Commision on Law Enforcement: Active Shooter Response for School-Based Law Enforcement - Microsoft word doc hosted through wetransfer.com

Excerpt from section 2.2

[SIZE=12pt]The student will be able to identify expectations of School-based Law Enforcement Officers during an active shooter event.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]           [/SIZE]PRIORITY OF LIFE

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]First responders to the active shooter scene will usually be required to place themselves in harm’s way and display uncommon acts of courage to save the innocent.  [/SIZE]First responders must understand and accept the role of “Protector” and be prepared to meet violence with controlled aggression. The Priority of Life Scale is used to guide first responders during the critical decision making process that is required to effectively neutralize any threats. As first responders we must recognize that innocent life must be defended. A first responder unwilling to place the lives of the innocent above their own safety should consider another career field.

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This scale does not suggest that any first responder approach the mission with reckless abandon for safety. The first responder using effective tactics coupled with situational awareness can isolate, distract, and neutralize the actor(s), while mitigating the loss of innocent life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Priority of Life Scale[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1.      [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Innocent civilians[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]2.      [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]First responders[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]3.      [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Offenders[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Immediate, decisive action by school-based officers can have a dramatic impact on reducing casualties. Active shooter training for law enforcement is designed to improve the response capabilities of the police. Training for civilians is primarily designed around slowing down the rate at which the shooter can find victims, but there is also a self-defense component built in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]In the event of an active school attack, school-based law enforcement officers should do the best they can to fill the gap until other first responders can arrive. That will probably mean adopting a solo response to the threat.[/SIZE]

Mark_K

Super Anarchist

phill_nz

Super Anarchist
internet atm
Priority of Life Scale

1.      Innocent civilians

2.      First responders

3.      Offenders

a classic example of what we say not what we do

Ishmael

Fuctifino