260 Mass Shootings 160 Days, When Will it be Too Much?

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
... And should we all forget that dear old "Alex" was killed by a pistol shot by Aaron Burr, in a fit of blustering bravado?

Stupid mother fucker thought that guns were the answer..... Well.... They were, and the answer was "NO!".

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
The part of the amendment that deals with organized and trained militias is a preamble.  It is not the operative clause.  Furthermore, one of the guys who actually WROTE the amendment gave his interpretation here:

One need not IMAGINE what the FF's were thinking when you can read their actual reasonings and logic about why they wrote it the way they did.   
Blah blah blah. Bullshit. And you know it. 

giegs

Anarchist
Arid
What if I hear about hordes of feral hogs coming down the freeway towards my position? People really underestimate how dangerous hogs are in American suburbs.

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
284662424_10229467552580372_2224331657054935511_n.jpg

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
OK - I stand corrected.

What % of owners of that style of rifle do you think trains with it regularly?
I honestly don't know.  There are a LOT of them out in the wild and yes there are the poseurs who buy them for the cool factor, unfortunately.  But I'm not sure what the point of the question is, though.  What are you getting at?  How is the amount to training relevant to some psycho shooting up a school?

Look, whether you like it or not - the AR style platform has become the new Rem 700.  It's ubiquitous among ALL shooting disciplines.  Hunters have embraced it bigly.  And NOT because they can spray rounds at deer.  It's because it's an inherently accurate, lightweight, and versatile platform.  It's the Lego gun, jack of all trades - master of most.  It's highly customizable both in caliber and configuration.  So it appeals to a huge range of users across almost all use cases.  It's a great hunting weapon as a well as a great home defense weapon.  It's easy to shoot, has low recoil even in bigger calibers, and easy to master very quickly.  

So good luck disarming all those hunters, competition shooters and just plinkers out there who chose the AR platform as a multi-discipline, multi-use weapon.  For all the reasons the military has a love/hate relationship w/ the design that they can't walk away from (despite trying over and over) - the civilian world has embraced it.  

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
OK.............. Facts are facts. No one who claims to be a sport shooter, or a hunter needs an assault weapon.

Assault weapons are, by definition weapons for assaulting other humans. Not target shooting. Not hunting deer.

There is NO reason that a civilian should have an assault weapon. PERIOD!

I'm fully in favor of people having deer rifles, squirrel guns, and even (limited magazine) hand guns for target or personal defense purposes... But NO ONE needs a fucking AR, or SKS, or the like. Glock 17s are stupid too. If you can't defend yourself with a 5 shot .32 revolver, then maybe you live in the wrong hood.

FUCKIN'A! A 410 side by side is more effective in a house invasion than an AR anyway.

YOU GUN NUTS ARE ALL FUCKING INSANE!
Sigh.  More emotional driven BS not grounded in reality.  This shit ^^ is what pays the NRA Execs salaries.  Just saying.  

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
I honestly don't know.  There are a LOT of them out in the wild and yes there are the poseurs who buy them for the cool factor, unfortunately.  But I'm not sure what the point of the question is, though.  What are you getting at?  How is the amount to training relevant to some psycho shooting up a school?

Look, whether you like it or not - the AR style platform has become the new Rem 700.  It's ubiquitous among ALL shooting disciplines.  Hunters have embraced it bigly.  And NOT because they can spray rounds at deer.  It's because it's an inherently accurate, lightweight, and versatile platform.  It's the Lego gun, jack of all trades - master of most.  It's highly customizable both in caliber and configuration.  So it appeals to a huge range of users across almost all use cases.  It's a great hunting weapon as a well as a great home defense weapon.  It's easy to shoot, has low recoil even in bigger calibers, and easy to master very quickly.  

So good luck disarming all those hunters, competition shooters and just plinkers out there who chose the AR platform as a multi-discipline, multi-use weapon.  For all the reasons the military has a love/hate relationship w/ the design that they can't walk away from (despite trying over and over) - the civilian world has embraced it.  
There is no need to disarm anyone. We should just Californicate it and limit magazines to 5-10 rounds.You don't need a 30 round mag for hunting, and if it's good enough for home self defense in the most populous state then it should be good universally.  Anyone caught disagreeing, can spend 15 years in the can thinking about it.

giegs

Anarchist
Arid
There is no need to disarm anyone. We should just Californicate it and limit magazines to 5-10 rounds.You don't need a 30 round mag for hunting, and if it's good enough for home self defense in the most populous state then it should be good universally.  Anyone caught disagreeing, can spend 15 years in the can thinking about it.
This runs into questions of enforceability with the modular platform. A 10 round magazine for one caliber might be identical to a 30 round for another. It's one of the more common workarounds currently.