26ft trimaran QLD

Hey just thought I’d start this up for information sharing and advice . I’m in Hervey Bay QLD doing a quick re-fit on this Tri I’ve picked up recently .  As far as I know it was Designed and built built in Kangaroo Island in South Australia in the late 80s early 90s by a guy named Philip or Phil .? She will be a minimalist Liveaboard Fast cruiser /racer for the south-east Queensland coast anyone that knows the area knows the shallow draft is everything around here. Ideally there will be no fuel on board whatsoever  running electric motor With 24 V solar system . If anyone has a decent graphic design system on the computer feel free to play around with my mockup of the boat signage Polynesian theme black lettering  I’m happy to pay for the Design and Vinyl . 

6287B5FA-61FD-45DE-A813-2869E790371A.jpeg

plywoodboy

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
I saw her swinging on the mooring KI a few years back, nice lines. A bit of 075 Grainger/ Kendrick with updated beams. Should be a great project, please keep us posted.

Peter

I saw her swinging on the mooring KI a few years back, nice lines. A bit of 075 Grainger/ Kendrick with updated beams. Should be a great project, please keep us posted.

Peter
Yer mate will do ,found these picks online ... last owner must have raised the  water line a few inches original copper coat has Her amas just kissing the water ... she’s well built Nice neat work and kept light . 

Anyone with real world experience on trimaran understand a wire tension. This boat is set up with 4 understate wires From beam endstwo main hull water line -And to running from forward beam and up to forstay bow area .Right now I’m assuming these are not tension as such just set to Stiffen the boat And keep everything located correctly for want of a better word. Rig has no diamonds stays basically a 3 stay rig With lowers running back to the same location On the AMAs .I will add a baby stayTo these lowers to assist with mast band and heavy weather sailing when reefed... Am I missing anything any help will be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

PIL66 - XL2

Super Anarchist
Stralya
I assume the wire from front beams to the bow are purely for the net..... waterstays tension from the outboard beam end to waterline is very important and needs to help suppport / stop the beams from flexing up when loaded.... every design would be different on settings but should be researched

Is the rig rotating...?

I assume the wire from front beams to the bow are purely for the net..... waterstays tension from the outboard beam end to waterline is very important and needs to help suppport / stop the beams from flexing up when loaded.... every design would be different on settings but should be researched

Is the rig rotating...?
Hey mate not rotating ..... yer I have Done a bit of research and came up with some massive numbers on Tensions——- example the farrier 31 Quotes 2500 KG on the cap shrouds With a reminder not to leave like that if left unattended as you will bend the boat.I’ve bought this boat disassembled and never had it assembled so don’t have a starting point Other than the original stainless rigging which will be used at first just to assemble it and then replaced with Synthetic .... Just on that front beam to bow wire it does seem quite substantial 

Hey mate not rotating ..... yer I have Done a bit of research and came up with some massive numbers on Tensions——- example the farrier 31 Quotes 2500 KG on the cap shrouds With a reminder not to leave like that if left unattended as you will bend the boat.I’ve bought this boat disassembled and never had it assembled so don’t have a starting point Other than the original stainless rigging which will be used at first just to assemble it and then replaced with Synthetic .... Just on that front beam to bow wire it does seem quite substantial 

93DDA833-3354-41E7-B7E4-622ADE01A36F.jpeg

C9634A29-3D5C-4565-B7AE-B0BF4094E56E.jpeg

9D5EDA74-059B-4CAF-BCBE-3A066746DA67.jpeg

Also there is no folding system rather the beams go into sockets or troughs you may call them and it appears just touching each other when rigged up located by two bolts at the in very inboard end of the beam

PIL66 - XL2

Super Anarchist
Stralya
Beam sockets are common... looks ok... that bow fitting is substantial which I've not seen... Many good minds here will likely know.. best of luck

Beam sockets are common... looks ok... that bow fitting is substantial which I've not seen... Many good minds here will likely know.. best of luck
Thanks mate  Yeah I know the f31 runs  wire forward that being for collision  Impact.... to avoid major  damage to the expensive folding system . Looks like my best reference point is probably the Buccaneer 24/28 The design had non adjustable flat stainless  water stay  but many change them to wires .I  owned a wharram TIKI for years that I stiffened up with spectra lashings cranked up tight as possible And still had way more flex than I wanted .Some of you would even remember the TIKI I often got a GOOD  handicap  so ended up with the shorter cruising  division courses and often was first over the line disappointing quite a few fast multis at the time —— LIVEWIRE ect 

ps As long as there was no windward  work that is LOL 

Cool boat. The bow view looks sort of Seaclipper 28-ish........
Thanks mate yeah she’s a beauty the more I discover about this but the more I like . And with the modern material can now give her a decent chance with some lightweight rigging And a prodder Running a big genacker  !!!!! 

Spent a few hours polishing stainless today. Anyone caught  painting over  fittings should  have there fingers chopped off . Absolutely everything is covered with white  house paint .grrrrrrrr

CED86974-198E-4C9C-A04C-045C7AB9D29D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: