26ft trimaran QLD

Today’s job is interior cabin paint. Won’t take long not much if it ... lol 

D843B0BA-EC46-4514-BB19-C99305B5829A.jpeg

87F370DC-3402-45E0-AB84-7C5C82278C17.jpeg

I like that boat, Dave. Looks like it was well built too. I've done a lot of composite boatbuilding, but my next one will be plywood. I love plywood!
 Plywood definitely has its place . This boat has lots of flat panel so it would  be  fast to build build with old school plywood construction methods .the main thing I noticed is very few  fittings And the ones it does have have  been well bedded down and sealed.I found zero rot near any fitting on this boat , There was a soft spot in one of the beam sockets and the coinciding beam end .Very easy to repair. She is 30 years old And I’m amazed how light she is . There’s one down South Australia 18 ft partly finished by the same builder it’s on gumtree you probably get it very cheap 

SpearHead

Australia
Love following your posts Dave with photos. Certainly an interesting tri - i look forward to seeing it finished if you make the Bay2Bay this year

It must feel very gratifying about now. 

Congratulations.
Yes it does..... thanks - it’s a good example of what can be done  on a budget. most parts were reused .nor glass products were used throughout .surprisingly cheap refit .It’s not finished but really does not have much left to do -small outboard $500 bucks The rigging will be new = Dyneema $300 and some  time .I did get the boat in a strip down condition Unfinished project so that certainly saves a lot of time and gave me pretty much the enjoyable job .