3rd Annual Spike Memorial Sailby

Thorvald

Puget Sound
Just thought I'd let you all know that the 3rd Annual Spike Memorial Sailby will be on June 21st this year. If you were there last year we hope to see you this year!

I challenged Kim to a race to the shack. I think if he gives me a couple hours that ought to be fair. Or maybe if he leaves his place at the same time I leave Kingston I'd have a head start of 18-20 miles which would probably be about right. I'm willing to be humiliated just to cross tacks with Frankie.

Otherwise everything will be much the same as last year.

T

WunHungLo

Super Anarchist
PNW
:( sadly I will miss this one if it's June 21. The Bermuda Race starts the day before. Early July won't work for some of last year's attendees as they are doing Pac Cup. Would June 7th work ?

Edit: June 7's tides are neaps. June 21 are Springs

Last edited by a moderator:

austin1972

Super Anarchist
If I can get a ride on someones boat, I'd make a go of it.

Credentials:

Shitty sailor

Fun to sail with

Good cook

Provides libations

Ugly. Makes you look good.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Austin:

That would be very nice. I would reserve our very best room for you. It would be great to see you here.

Now I am exited.

Thorvald:

I don't care when it is. Obviously I'd like WHL to be here. But if Austin were here I think I'd be hunky dory.

One way or another, I'll be here.

austin1972

Super Anarchist
Spike's Summer Solstice Swing-By? That sounds great!

Bob, I can bring a tent if there's no room. I really don't mind at all. I'm sort of a dirt bag. Just ask Greever. He's met me.

I can try to ship some homemade organic bacon to you ahead of time and we can have a kick ass breakfast. I'll check my production timing and figure it out.

Kim, I would be honored to catch a ride on Frankie. I'd even buy new non-marking steppers for the occasion. Got a GoPro we could mount up too.

Hopefully Boomer would show up. I have a little something for that guy.

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
I'll be there, either take one of my boats up or catch a ride on someone's boat, if more room is needed for other boats.

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
I'll be there, either take one of my boats up or catch a ride on someone's boat, if more room is needed for other boats.
Boomer, we would be very pleased if you would join the Francis Lee crew for that day. You are always welcomed on the FL.

austin1972

Super Anarchist
Green light from my wife! She'll come too, though she doesn't sail. She'll go hiking in your rain forest, then maybe meet up for after ride shenanigans, if there are any. We'd fly in on Thurs and stay in Seattle. Any logistics after that, I need to work on. We'll leave WA on Monday evening.

I'd like to swing by The School and say hello to Pete and Pam.

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
That would be a greatly appreciated experience Kim...Thank you!

To everyone else, would and earlier or later date be possible? I just realized a problem with the date, since I'm scheduled to be at Daufuskie Island near Hilton Head on the 21st at a function that requires my attendance, my middle daughters wedding.

Ishmael

Yes, we have no bananas
Fuctifino

To everyone else, would and earlier or later date be possible? I just realized a problem with the date, since I'm scheduled to be at Daufuskie Island near Hilton Head on the 21st at a function that requires my attendance, my middle daughters wedding.
Couldn't you just send a nice card?

Veeger

Super Anarchist

Oh, jeesh, Ish! He's the father of the Bride! He should throw in a nice butter dish or really splurge with a 'crystal vazz' or somethin'...

IStream

Super Anarchist

I think you should tell your daughter to HTFU. ;)

austin1972

Super Anarchist
I don't care about the date much. Summer solstice would be cool though.

But, it's far enough out that I'm flexible.

I'd love to meet you folks. Just don't have any airs or expectations. I'm pretty lame compared to you guys.

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW

Is that what you did, Ish....how did that work for you.

Ishmael

Yes, we have no bananas
Fuctifino

Is that what you did, Ish....how did that work for you.
We are fortunately/unfortunately without offspring, so I am not wise to the ways of parent/child relationships. Veeger's probably right, send a butter dish as well.