4 / 24

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
1895 - Joshua Slocum sets sail from Boston aboard Spray.

1916 - Ernest Shackleton sets sail from Elephant Island.

Go ahead and tell us how tough YOUR day was... 

Parma

Super Anarchist
here
1895 - Joshua Slocum sets sail from Boston aboard Spray.

1916 - Ernest Shackleton sets sail from Elephant Island.

Go ahead and tell us how tough YOUR day was... 
Just about any day sailing is a good day; the muttering of the stern wave, the tone of the rig...it's all good.

Just came back from the oncology dept of a hospital...trust me there are lots of folks there that would easily trade. Or a friend who is in hospice at home or a gal who woke up one morning recently and was numb down the entire left side of her head, face, body & legs?

The courage they all display is humbling. I think I'm going to enjoy sailing more, and more often.

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Sad to say this , but...

My 8 year old daughter had a massive heart attack late Sunday night and was airlifted to a Children’s hospital for care. I’m with my other daughter now while my wife stays with the sick one. She was awake yesterday but they had to sedate her again for a brain MRI to establish a baseline and have a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted. She’s happy but a little confused.

So, since I got that news 10 minutes ago, I’m going to guess that today

The rest of my life begins a new journey and direction today. I just hope for the best for my daughter in her journey.

As for my wife and I, it has felt as if we were violently thrown off of the steepest, most jagged and forbidding cliff into the deepest, endless, fiery abyss and were miraculously pulled back at the last burning ember of my sweet girl’s life by something better and larger than I can understand.The scar that has been left like a brand on the inside of my body is so painful now that it really hurts.  Now the journey of life will continue with our family closely intact and together. 

I’m going to be gone for a while and was going to say goodbye in another thread but here it is. 

See you guys in a few days or weeks and thanks for being my cyber sailor friends!

Kevin

PS my 10 year old daughter and I slept on the old wood boat last night and FaceTimed Mommy and Claire and they were acting goofier than I ever can!

:ph34r:

Murphness

Super Anarchist
Boston
Sad to say this , but...

My 8 year old daughter had a massive heart attack late Sunday night and was airlifted to a Children’s hospital for care. I’m with my other daughter now while my wife stays with the sick one. She was awake yesterday but they had to sedate her again for a brain MRI to establish a baseline and have a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted. She’s happy but a little confused.

The rest of my life begins a new journey and direction today. I just hope for the best for my daughter in her journey.

As for my wife and I, it has felt as if we were violently thrown off of the steepest, most jagged and forbidding cliff into the deepest, endless, fiery abyss and were miraculously pulled back at the last burning ember of my sweet girl’s life by something better and larger than I can understand.The scar that has been left like a brand on the inside of my body is so painful now that it really hurts.  Now the journey of life will continue with our family closely intact and together. 

I’m going to be gone for a while and was going to say goodbye in another thread but here it is. 

See you guys in a few days or weeks and thanks for being my cyber sailor friends!

Kevin

PS my 10 year old daughter and I slept on the old wood boat last night and FaceTimed Mommy and Claire and they were acting goofier than I ever can!

Jesus. I've got a toddler now and can't even imagine. The every day thoughts of some kind of accident or health problem already cause enough anxiety, never mind living it.

On a more positive note, a perfectly healthy friend of mine had a similar incident happen about a year ago and now has a PM and Defib installed. He's doing great and I hope the same for your daughter.

All the best to you and your family. XX

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Sad to say this , but...

Kevin

I'm sorry to say that I understand - I sincerely hope that the docs are able to make your little girl OK.   When ya feel like it, let us know how she's doing, OK?  

Sad to say this , but...

Kevin

Sorry to hear. Modern medicine does wonders.

This place will suck while you are out.

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
Kevin

Wisheng you familey alle the beste and strength in helpeng her recoverey.   

Snaggs                             

Last edited by a moderator: