5 things men should know about sailing with women

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ

This photo of a book cover popped up on Pinterest and I thought I should take a closer look at the website that it was promoting. 

I glanced through the gallery there and thought I should add a 6th very important to the wisdom they are providing.

#6 Be sure to have plenty of provisions on board otherwise your crew might EAT you!

As evidenced by this photo from the site...

Hey, that isn’t diet Tab! What kind of captain wouldn't provide the proper drink mixer to wash down the quart of HaagenDaz

Foreverslow

Super Anarchist
6017a530608e83487af37718babe4101.jpg

This photo of a book cover popped up on Pinterest and I thought I should take a closer look at the website that it was promoting. 

I glanced through the gallery there and thought I should add a 6th very important to the wisdom they are providing.

#6 Be sure to have plenty of provisions on board otherwise your crew might EAT you!

As evidenced by this photo from the site...

2000_5bd816a9d7a9c.jpg
I take it the dog got the fuck out of dodge for this cruise???

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Mmmm... at the risk of being somehow politically incorrect/catching hell, I've observed that women's "plumbing" needs a little more care and attention than a comparable man's while at sea, especially in the warm, moist tropics. Do a friend a favor and throw a tube of Monistat into the ship's medical kit.  
I sail with a gynecologist. I don't ask her about this stuff.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Nicer than what?

Asking for a friend......
Than anything.

Re: the OP - there is really only one thing that men need to know about sailing with women.

For the most part they like comfort and are not interested in being cold, wet and roughing it in a pipe cot.

That's why Hunters are the way they are and why women generally prefer powerboats.

Note the emphasis on "for the most part" and "generally" - so don't bother coming back with the exceptions please.

I know they are out there.

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
Lesson 1 for women:
I am not yelling. If I talk in a conversational tone from 30 feet away in 25 knots of wind no one will hear me.

Lesson 1 for men:

Your wife can handle the 2 pounds of force needed to turn the wheel and the 1 pound needed to move the throttle way easier than hauling up a nasty muddy heavy anchor ;)

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
I sail with a gynecologist. I don't ask her about this stuff.
I used to race with a very pretty lady who was a urologist. I wasn't aware of that fact and I went to the bother of going below to pee in the head while beating to windward in a race. I came back on deck and started to slip back into the line of rail meat to my spot right next to her and she was grinning at something. I looked down to see I had dribbled a bit during my task below and wet marks down my khaki shorts. It was a bit embarrassing but then she asked why I hadn't just gone and peed over the stern and save myself all the trouble down below. I told her that was SOP on the boat the week before at ROLEX over in St Thomas but with the 'ladies' onboard for BVI Spring Regatta that I wasn't sure of the protocol. She laughed out loud and then told me she was an urologist and added, 'you seen one, you've seen them all...'

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Lesson 1 for men:

Your wife can handle the 2 pounds of force needed to turn the wheel and the 1 pound needed to move the throttle way easier than hauling up a nasty muddy heavy anchor ;)
I invite you to explain that to my wife. I have tried.

She also won't wear a bikini while handling the anchor, so the whole thing is pointless, really.

IStream

Super Anarchist
I used to race with a very pretty lady who was a urologist. I wasn't aware of that fact and I went to the bother of going below to pee in the head while beating to windward in a race. I came back on deck and started to slip back into the line of rail meat to my spot right next to her and she was grinning at something. I looked down to see I had dribbled a bit during my task below and wet marks down my khaki shorts. It was a bit embarrassing but then she asked why I hadn't just gone and peed over the stern and save myself all the trouble down below. I told her that was SOP on the boat the week before at ROLEX over in St Thomas but with the 'ladies' onboard for BVI Spring Regatta that I wasn't sure of the protocol. She laughed out loud and then told me she was an urologist and added, 'you seen one, you've seen them all...'
I have a bunch of Emergency Room docs and nurses in my family and always thought they took the cake for bawdiness. Then I had occasion to make a professional visit to an all-women clinical urology research lab at the Texas Medical Center. Even though this was a first meeting and we were just there to discuss their possible uses for our fancy microscope, within 15 minutes they were talking to us like "one of the girls" and making my (male) head of sales blush with their stories.

I left there feeling like a group of ex-girlfriends had gotten together to compare notes at my expense.