505 Midwinter Predictions

Thanks for pimping for me.

I've got two spots available. Carbon, you're in if you get a skipper and want to sail, Craig and I can definitely get one lined up.

Anybody hear from Kivney or Burke?

I also know a few college kids who would jump on the opportunity, so if you're not gonna be sending your boat south, let someone else.

Carbon

Super Anarchist
Thanks for pimping for me.
I've got two spots available. Carbon, you're in if you get a skipper and want to sail, Craig and I can definitely get one lined up.

Anybody hear from Kivney or Burke?

I also know a few college kids who would jump on the opportunity, so if you're not gonna be sending your boat south, let someone else.
Russell,

I'm still working on it. I'll let you know a.s.a.p. I may try to use one of your friends but I'm trying to land someone with time in the boat.

wpbeardsley

I am available to skipper or crew. Some of the newer guys may not know me, but I used to sail 505s a bunch from 2002-2006, averaging 5-6 regattas per year. Plenty of time on the helm or on the wire. Was planning to sail with FiveO, but he is starting his 2009 Worlds campaign early, so I even have my plane ticket already (Wednesday night to Sunday night).

wpbeardsley

beardsley
find yourself a partner and a boat and get your shit together. Trying to make this a 25+ boat event here

Hurwitch

you gotta do it bro. send me an email when its figured out.
That is what I am trying to do. I am not really psyched to deal with logistics of chartering a boat from scratch though and getting a teammate who may or may not be well versed in sailing 505s -- that wasn't the assumption when I bought my plane ticket down unfortunately.

If I had more time to commit to this, it might be a viable option, but what I'd prefer in the meantime is to find someone with a boat who was either on the fence about going down or who is fully committed to going but had a driver or crew bail last minute. If there was someone on the fence who otherwise had all of the logistics nailed down but didn't love the idea of the expense involved, they should drop me a line re: sharing costs on transport/car rental/gas/lodging/entry and we can talk.

johnhirsch03

Not going to make it down, but have a boat in jacksonville, and am also thinking of selling the boat to get active in the local snipe class, i am working on the trailer now, if someone is interested in picking the boat up in jville and bringing it down for a small charter fee lmk, its parker 7678, and has just been painted and rerigged, and is in good shape, its a bag boat with sails are a a few years old but has a larger chute. if someone is interested in the boat for midwinters pm me

jersey_sailor

Renda's in with Mr. Woodworth from the Windy City in 8351 from the Carolina of the North. Hopefully the breeze will follow him (but not the cold).

JB.Turney

Renda, glad you guys were able to sort the details there. Huge thanks to Dave and Russell for making it happen.

Looking to get Matt hooked on 5ohs.

Planning to leave the cold here; heading down tomorrow for a weekend practice session.

Ethan, thanks for setting up the on-line registration, was actually super easy. Now we just need to get more 505s than Acats registered.

2007Orbit

Renda, glad you guys were able to sort the details there. Huge thanks to Dave and Russell for making it happen.
Looking to get Matt hooked on 5ohs.

Planning to leave the cold here; heading down tomorrow for a weekend practice session.

Ethan, thanks for setting up the on-line registration, was actually super easy. Now we just need to get more 505s than Acats registered.
JB, I hear rumors that you guys will be in St Pete this weekend? Want to do some training bar side?? We have a great party to go to on Sat night so bring something to wear that is black or white or both.... Preferably not black tie... ninja, diary cow anything you can come up with.

DMR

Annapolis
Anyone out there know of a double trailer that's available to transport a couple of boats from the Annapolis area?

Just had someone call me and ask if I knew of any in the Maryland, DC, VA area, so not for me, but if anyone has any transport ideas post 'em or PM me and I'll pass them along.

Been cool (75 or so) and windy around here for like 3 weeks. Am I gonna freeze my ass off up there in Tampa? You guys gotta stop sending all that damn cold air down here from the States. It was almost too cold to jump in the ocean on New Year's!!!

olav

Good stuff. That rig seems huge - you guys going to be camping in it on the beach, Russ?

Just managed to complete the online registration - we'll be there in 8441.

Can't wait - too bad the St Pete multiclass regatta didnt work out for us this year, would have been a great warmup.

Have a good trip.

See you all in a few weeks!

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
Russell,

Nice rig! When I was working for Rossignol I bought a team trailer for the winter race circuit that also coincidentally fit two 505s in it. I never got a chance to use it for its dual purpose but it served well for the team and for moving my motorcycle around. That's a sweet set up. Do you hang the other two from the ceiling?

Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:

Bassmaster

I have a spare new Superspar M2 that I no longer need - I could throw it in the NY container for MW delivery if anyone is interested.