505 Midwinter Predictions

Bassmaster

I have a spare new Superspar M2 that I no longer need - I could throw it in the NY container for MW delivery if anyone is interested.
That was quick, Bass. Is this a change in rigs or are you selling the Bass?

Geoff
No, just find myself with an extra mast. It's standard color, partially rigged (spreader bracket, shroud terminals, sheave boxes, etc), standard US spec.

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
I have a spare new Superspar M2 that I no longer need - I could throw it in the NY container for MW delivery if anyone is interested.
That was quick, Bass. Is this a change in rigs or are you selling the Bass?

Geoff
No, just find myself with an extra mast. It's standard color, partially rigged (spreader bracket, shroud terminals, sheave boxes, etc), standard US spec.
Ah, light dawns on Marble-head...

Long time no talk, Bass. One of these days I'll get out to an event to catch up with all you East Coasters.

iqcraig

Looks to be a solid event. Now we just need to call in some breeze for that weekend. I have sailed 5 days there in the past few weekends and the max we saw was 10 kts. I think this was just unlucky timing. Anyone who attended the regatta last year knows that it can blow snot!

Please don't equate sailing on Tampa Bay near St. Petersburg Yacht Club with sailing at the 505/A-Cat venue of Fort Desoto.

St. Pete is where all wind goes to die.

Fort Desoto park is exposed to the Gulf of Mexico to the west and a large part of the bay past the Sunshine Skyway bridge to the east.

There is more wind there than other parts of the bay.

Throw in tidal current and one of America's major shipping channels and we will suppy excitement for all.

Dave Ellis

event PRO

iqcraig

Please don't equate sailing on Tampa Bay near St. Petersburg Yacht Club with sailing at the 505/A-Cat venue of Fort Desoto. St. Pete is where all wind goes to die.

Fort Desoto park is exposed to the Gulf of Mexico to the west and a large part of the bay past the Sunshine Skyway bridge to the east.

Throw in tidal current and one of America's major shipping channels and we will suppy excitement for all.

Dave Ellis

event PRO

My apologies.

Ethan Bixby

Please don't equate sailing on Tampa Bay near St. Petersburg Yacht Club with sailing at the 505/A-Cat venue of Fort Desoto. St. Pete is where all wind goes to die.

Dave Ellis

event PRO

My apologies.
No need to apologize. It has been windy mid-week this week and last, but system breeze! But we are now getting out of phase with that, thankfullly, and it will be windy this weekend, but cold also. And with a cold front it would be pretty much the same anywhere in Tampa Bay.

But when it gets thermal and light, Fort Desoto is much better, which is why we moved the event there! It has to be one of the best places to sail in the south.

Ethan

kingseye

We just packed the double and are leaving Wed early. Will the truck be there in time for you to sail on Thursday?