50th Melbourne to Hobart

Jono

Super Anarchist
Decent looking fleet. If I've read the info right it's interesting how the length has shrunk at the pointy end. 1 x Cookson 50 and a few C/R 50s. Then Scarlet, and a few other fast 40 somethings who will be having some good racing. Did I read correctly no TP52s?

DickDastardly

Super Anarchist
Syderney
Decent looking fleet. If I've read the info right it's interesting how the length has shrunk at the pointy end. 1 x Cookson 50 and a few C/R 50s. Then Scarlet, and a few other fast 40 somethings who will be having some good racing. Did I read correctly no TP52s?
Yep - they're largely Sydney based these days.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
The Schumacher 54 Maritimo is a late entry to the M2H thanks to the CYCAs inflexiblity

Simple summary, the TP52 Maritimo sustained damage on delivery, so had to withdrawal from the S2H. The Schumacher 54 Maritimo was entered for the race but withdrew the entry on the OAs advice. The OA refused the entry to be restored and after a visit to the IJ the decision to not allow them to race.

The ORCV welcomed the late entry and now they are delivering the boat to Melbourne to do the M2H race.

The Schumacher 54 Maritimo is a late entry to the M2H thanks to the CYCAs inflexiblity

Simple summary, the TP52 Maritimo sustained damage on delivery, so had to withdrawal from the S2H. The Schumacher 54 Maritimo was entered for the race but withdrew the entry on the OAs advice. The OA refused the entry to be restored and after a visit to the IJ the decision to not allow them to race.

The ORCV welcomed the late entry and now they are delivering the boat to Melbourne to do the M2H race.

Do not understand all the formalities involved there Dark Knight but that sounds absolutely ludicrous.Who gains from that ridiculous decision? I was going to throw a couple of bob on their TP52 at pretty handsome odds.They always seem to do a good job and always around the front runners.Love their Schumacher 54.There was a fantastic and really informative video on the front page a few years ago when they relaunched it.One of my favourite boats.Sounds like Sydney - Hobart Race loss is Melbourne - Hobart Races gain.Will certainly be cheering the boys on especially given they have one of Perth’s best sailors onboard who is a good mate of the blokes I hang with.This race certainly has my interest now.

Latest posts