52nd Thrash to the Onion Patch

Sinn Fein

New Jersey
Thanks for your reply on this…but please do not characterize what I wrote as rumor, gossip or innuendo. I like rules as long as they are applied to all boats/owners equally. When we were inspected in Hamilton that process took well over an hour, there were at least three officials onboard running through their lists…so how is it that you feel it’s impractical to measure fuel? THAT IS A 5-15 minute process depending on how many tanks the boat has. It was fairly obvious that this boat caught a tow in the St. George’s area…it’s probably still on the Yellow Brick Tracking…here is a chance for you to attempt to clean things up a bit, even though this was four years ago it still stinks IMHO…

accnick

Super Anarchist
Thanks for your reply on this…but please do not characterize what I wrote as rumor, gossip or innuendo. I like rules as long as they are applied to all boats/owners equally. When we were inspected in Hamilton that process took well over an hour, there were at least three officials onboard running through their lists…so how is it that you feel it’s impractical to measure fuel? THAT IS A 5-15 minute process depending on how many tanks the boat has. It was fairly obvious that this boat caught a tow in the St. George’s area…it’s probably still on the Yellow Brick Tracking…here is a chance for you to attempt to clean things up a bit, even though this was four years ago it still stinks IMHO…
Well, now that you clarify the time and place, I can verify that our boat was the one that towed the other boat from shortly after the finish line to Hamilton in 2018, if the boat being towed was Inisharon. They finished about the same time we did, and were sailing around to Hamilton in very light air. They were not out of fuel. They could not get their engine started.

This year, the same boat barely made the start after they were badly damaged by another boat in a race two weeks before the Bermuda Race. Only a heroic effort by the designer and boatyard, with oversight from the BROC technical committee, got them to the start this year.

I have been towed in after a finish before for the same reason: a balky engine that could not drive the boat under power after the finish, or would not even start due to dead batteries or fuel issues.

If you have credible evidence that they were out of fuel from using the engine for propulsion during the race, or from failing to start the race with adequate fuel, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I suggest you belay it, since you are making direct allegations of cheating.

Sinn Fein

New Jersey
We should probably take this offline…the boat you are mentioning is NOT the boat I was referring to…and I don’t think this is the right format to continue this dialogue. This was not a motor issue but rather a problem with not carrying the proper amount of fuel…PM me if you have any interest in pursuing this…

MiamuhWhat

BOSTON
You seem to be well connected. Do you know why the Rule 69 hearing on SA Poster 'Shubrook was postponed? Why isnt it listed in 'scheduled hearings' on the NPT BDA website with the other protests?
Probably old news and I don't know why the hearing was postponed- probably until the offending party was available to attend hearing via zoom id guess. I saw yesterday they were found to have committed an offense under rule 69.1a and the findings are being forwarded to US Sailing. I heard the guy flipped out at Bermuda customs officers, but not sure what actually happened or how being rude rises to the level of rule 69.... anyone know any more about this?

bloodshot

Super Anarchist
United States
Probably old news and I don't know why the hearing was postponed- probably until the offending party was available to attend hearing via zoom id guess. I saw yesterday they were found to have committed an offense under rule 69.1a and the findings are being forwarded to US Sailing. I heard the guy flipped out at Bermuda customs officers, but not sure what actually happened or how being rude rises to the level of rule 69.... anyone know any more about this?