5th Mode?

Monkey

Super Anarchist
I'm happy to hear we won't see any more of those damned Mac 26's, but I can't help but respect the old guy. An awful lot of boatbuilders came and went while he kept on building boats.

left hook

Super Anarchist
Like cockroaches the ones they've built will be around forever

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex W

Super Anarchist
Seattle, WA
And nearly identical new ones are being made, just with a new name:

http://tattooyachts.com/

Look familiar?

Tattoo_Beam1-407823_960x368.jpg

barleymalt

Super Anarchist
Michigan
I'm happy to hear we won't see any more of those damned Mac 26's, but I can't help but respect the old guy. An awful lot of boatbuilders came and went while he kept on building boats.
Earl Schieb painted a lot of cars, too. With about the same quality.

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Some great stuff there fromRoger (-:

"It will hold 275 old timers. It is a high-end retirement home with swimming pools, gyms, and all kinds of exotic stuff. It is definitely a high class operation -- not at all what you might expect in an industrial area.

At the other end of my plant was another boat builder. Their company has been sold and the owners are planning a large condo development.

"We had virtually no complaints from our neighbors over the years, and have operated without regulatory interference. However, we were surrounded by other boat builders, other fiberglass operations, and a lot of industry. Not homes.

It would be rather tough to a run boisterous industrial factory surrounded by residential zoning.

There will be complaints. They'll be outside with their burning sticks, torches and signs screaming for more regulation. Many of them, being retired, they have lots of time to get worked up. Protesting surrounding industry likely will be their new hobby.

On the other hand, the new high value residential activity is a major upgrade to our neighborhood, and should help increase property values."