65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Hey, the thread seems hungry for pictures. Here are some recent photos of " the yacht", without comment, at its end tie on Dock A in the Loch Lomond Marina

attachicon.gif
DSC_0016.jpg

looks to need another post in the middle to take the sag out of the roof

a Much Longer Post ;)

Sand crab

Montana
It looks like it's listing to port. I blew up the first pic and the port rudder bracket looks like it's lower in the water. And it doesn't look right in the 4th pic either assuming that the dock piling is plumb.

Woody's right about the porch roof too. Normally I would call that a bimini but here it's a porch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Super Anarchist
See Page 2 and page 16 for detailed internal pictures. The galley is adding weight to the port side. The hoses are still in place and are located low behind the galley sink, suggesting that one hose at least, is a sink drain.

.The porch always did slope down to the port side, but the centre of it looks to have sagged more.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
You left Macgregor off the list there RedV. The difference with all those boats is that the fibreglass on the bottom might be canning, but it is still a 100 times thicker than the Where-The-FHAWAII glassing attempt. I remember the bow sections of Police Car after the Sydney Hobart race. They were oilcanned to hell because it was thin, but it was still a whole lot stronger than Rod and Where-The-FHAWAII tribe's effort.

I think we just invented the Hovian equivalent name for RedV and the tribe of Rods Reality deniers and master navigators:

Where-The-FHAWAII'NS ?.
Don't forget Irwins! Used to call them egg-shell hulls. Remember seeing light coming through the transom of one while working way down in a lazarette. And there was the "trampoline" cockpit floor in the IOR custom "Evergreen" before the '82 SORC. Wayne O'Connor and I glassed in at least a half dozen 2-inch dia. aluminum tubes to support the facker.... It was Timmy Stearns "showcase" boat (he dating owners daughter Sharon Green then) with 14 Hydraulic cylinders including one inside the boom for main outhual. Two full-time employees with a van full of spares were constantly kept busy fixing all that stoopid shit. So, even well known and respected names in the Industry can occasionally do some pretty nutty stuff!!!

redviking

Anarchist
You left Macgregor off the list there RedV. The difference with all those boats is that the fibreglass on the bottom might be canning, but it is still a 100 times thicker than the Where-The-FHAWAII glassing attempt. I remember the bow sections of Police Car after the Sydney Hobart race. They were oilcanned to hell because it was thin, but it was still a whole lot stronger than Rod and Where-The-FHAWAII tribe's effort.

I think we just invented the Hovian equivalent name for RedV and the tribe of Rods Reality deniers and master navigators:

Where-The-FHAWAII'NS ?.
I am not denying that the vessel is ill conceived and even more poorly executed, but I have a few sea miles under my belt and I have seen quite a few vessels stay afloat waterworld style in many a port that makes Hot Rod look like a master boat builder. The Flying Hoovian may never cross an ocean, but I think I will bet that it won't sink anytime soon. Let's get Weed Stowe a on the water anarchy job, and let him go survey it. Then, let's put Abby and Zac onboard with a stack of Motel 6 Gideons Bibles just in case, hey, they sorta know how to navigate. And finally send that woody guy out to take pics. Oh wait, I forgot Bob Bitchin as moveable ballast... Get one of those already broken bottles of champagne and wish them well. Then 12 hours after they depart, send Sam Davies out in Phaedo to pick up the pieces and transport the reality camera crew. That's anarchy people.

Lilmurry thanks for the pictures! You been baiting us since FH hit the water with more pictures claiming to post them in your next post, and then they don't come... they've been up 5.5 hours and already viewed 300 times.

I will say when you view it in thumbnail view the boat looks half way decent, like at +50ft. But when you zoom in... oh my. I love that shot of the back, that seems to showcase everything wrong in one picture, the sag between the hulls, the slope of the porch roof (I agree no way thats a bimini, veranda maybe?), the list to port, the tiny rudders, the grill, the wheels, the solar panels ( I love how they are mounted on opposite sides of the boat so that there is no way for all the panels to be pointed at the sun at the same time), the rig, the captains chair, the toe rail, the dock lines (three spring lines! nothing else) and lets not forget the life ring horseshoe. I feel like thats going to get the most use out of anything in the picture!

and I just noticed in the side view picture, the staircase to the roof. That looks safe. Also what is on the roof? Sails? I can't tell in the picture.

HypnoToad

Anarchist
I'm just glad to see the BBQ Grill is back on the porch. Nothing says "Made in America" more than that. Quality.

I imagine the guy with the big power-cruiser next door ain't too happy about his reduced view.

HypnoToad

Anarchist
...also, wonder how long those 2x4 toe rails are going to hold out while being used to tie the beast to the dock? Hope they have a few carriage bolts in them and not just screwed down.

Um. . . I think I've discovered a hidden prophecy in these new pics that serves to highlight the fundamental interconnectedness of all things. That lettering he used for the boat name appears to be some variant of the Fiesta font--a font usually reserved for things like the menu for a cheap Mexican restaurant. . . . . .

When this thing tacos, you're going to remember this omen.

James out.

From CF, posted by registered user "my father":

This man is amazing. I have watched him build many great thing biggest and fastest. This man has inspired his kids to do what ever is in there hearts to do.this man has inspired his grand kids in there exploration of the world. This man has spent his money and time to do this.it not as if any of the asses from this site or SA gave this man a helping hand. And he has always got the job done no matter how many FAT asses stood around drinking beer and criticizing something they think is impossible. If it makes it,if it doesn't is none of anybodies damn business but his families. Why don't you all stop criticizing my father get off the couch and try something new. You might find it could change your life and cause people to call you crazy. For all those with your shitty air. I hope that one day someone returns your "kind" thoughts on your life. For those who showed there hearts thank you. By the way i am very proud of my father and my brother. Oh and if it does sink i am sure the grand old USA will send him the bill.

romaine

Super Anarchist
"This man is amazing. I have watched him build many great thing biggest and fastest. This man has inspired his kids to do what ever is in there hearts to do.this man has inspired his grand kids in there exploration of the world. This man has spent his money and time to do this.it not as if any of the asses from this site or SA gave this man a helping hand. And he has always got the job done no matter how many FAT asses stood around drinking beer and criticizing something they think is impossible. If it makes it,if it doesn't is none of anybodies damn business but his families. Why don't you all stop criticizing my father get off the couch and try something new. You might find it could change your life and cause people to call you crazy. For all those with your shitty air. I hope that one day someone returns your "kind" thoughts on your life. For those who showed there hearts thank you. By the way i am very proud of my father and my brother. Oh and if it does sink i am sure the grand old USA will send him the bill."

Myfather

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f48/some-say-there-are-no-ugly-catamarans-104607-12.html

Mike_Fink

Maysville
Jeez, they have 11 pages and the thread was only started in May. Some choice comments direted at HR Jr. over there, if he is not a troll. They seem to be aware of our thread here too. Unfortunately, the SA guys are working against our campaigne to have him try sailing it.

Could be a troll, but not funny enough, so possibly legit. Doesn't anyone learn the difference between "there/their" anymore?

Hey kid, people tried to help your dad. People who actually know how to build boats and what the ocean does to things. They tried to help him. But he already knew everything. He's so full of shit it's weighing down the boat. If you reject that help and continue thinking that you know it all despite knowing almost nothing (it's not even a good house, despite supposedly being a "master craftsman"), you deserve to fail and we all get to watch and make fun of you. That's how the world works, get used to it.

And I sure hope they send him the bill for cleanup. I'm guessing you're one of those who thinks that the government is bad except when it's helping you, then it's good. Well, time to buck up and pay your own bills when this monstronsity sinks. I wish the Coast Guard would charge you for the rescue too, but I doubt they will.

I would say that your dad will at least serve as a reminder to other people about how unforgiving the ocean is and how you should probably take advice from people who know more than you about something. But I doubt he will help anyone, because the only people dumb enough to do this are also as stubborn as your dad and won't listen anyway.

Good luck, I hope you don't drown.

Mike_Fink

Maysville
By the way, informed critique strikes me as excellent unsolicited advise when someone has built themselves a deathtrap. He has the nerve to suggest that nobody on the forums has lent him a helping hand. Must be a Yale man.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
It looks like it's listing to port. I blew up the first pic and the port rudder bracket looks like it's lower in the water. And it doesn't look right in the 4th pic either assuming that the dock piling is plumb.

Woody's right about the porch roof too. Normally I would call that a bimini but here it's a porch.
That thing doesn't look right in ANY pic.

I love the kick up rudders - that'll make for easy beaching (when the end finally comes)