65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

MaxHeadroom

Super Anarchist
So, since this thread is the most exciting thing to come along since the cheesemonaut returned from harvesting tropical purple wood, you would think the mgmt here would be chomping at the bit to keep it going. Yet Clean is still very quiet... HR lawyer up?
Doubtful, since HR isn't grifting student loans, weighs less than 900lbs and barely has a pot to piss in.

Besides, the Mars Love Tour or whatever the fuck it was called had a full time mission control and a meth head marine electronics wizard from Hoboken as the lawsuit mouthpiece, and look where that got them - A paypal button gathering dust from not being clicked on... And free $5.00 home made vodka drinks at the fundraiser.... Oh, and feces based "art" to scam the masses in NYC

YCMTSU -

PatsyQPatsy

Anarchist
Naptown
I went to CF to read that original post. I logged in. Tried to post a "test" reply but got the message that I had been banned for "repeated rules violations". Under that it says "Date to be reinstated" After that is says "never".

So I got that going for me.
According to user Bash on CF "Bob contributed a great deal of good advice to this forum, but ultimately seemed to find our rules too restrictive."
Hold up ... a boat forum banned Bob Freaking Perry for rule violations !?!!?!
That's like a honeymoon suite banning intercourse.

WTF kind of mamaluke runs a boat site that bans Bob Perry? How does that field trip thingy work?
Hey, how many points does that translate to on SA?

Dirc

LOL, so here is a post from the son of HR (from that thread):

Note the excellent use of english & spelling :) Darwin is just salivating at the thought of an ocean voyage... :rolleyes:

"What do you care? No one asked for your opinon or admaration. We really dont care how much you deplore his idea! It doesnt effect your life in anyway and it isnt your kids seeing this. Shut up and watch. I remember an old saying my grandma used" if you aint got nothing nice to say you dont say anything at all." From our hearts to yours. Injoy your own life and leave other people alone in there life. Of course you dont want the daughter of the man you insulted to take offence what now that he half way there you had a chance in heart. Good for you.and if you do want to start with heritage i can give you 500 years of our very adventurous family how paved the road for a jack ass to have there free opinion in the USA."

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
You know its one thing to discuss the build materials and process and how it will perform its another thing to simply poke the poor dude and make fun of him for his bad choices.

We all know this thing isn't going far and is really nothing different than a really big kids raft slapped together for the fun of it. The Sad part is HR dumped a pile of money into it and its not like he could afford to waste money like that to start with. Heck I have a whole lot more money than he does and no way could I afford to do this.

It's one thing to live your dream. But to go about it the wrong way.

Mike_Fink

Maysville
LOL, so here is a post from the son of HR (from that thread):

Note the excellent use of english & spelling :) Darwin is just salivating at the thought of an ocean voyage... :rolleyes:

"What do you care? No one asked for your opinon or admaration. We really dont care how much you deplore his idea! It doesnt effect your life in anyway and it isnt your kids seeing this. Shut up and watch. I remember an old saying my grandma used" if you aint got nothing nice to say you dont say anything at all." From our hearts to yours. Injoy your own life and leave other people alone in there life. Of course you dont want the daughter of the man you insulted to take offence what now that he half way there you had a chance in heart. Good for you.and if you do want to start with heritage i can give you 500 years of our very adventurous family how paved the road for a jack ass to have there free opinion in the USA."
If it is him, It is about what I would have expected. If it is a troll, well that still speaks volumes about HR and HR Jr. Imagine the magnitude of personal achievement or failure you need to accomplish in order to have some troll bother to impersonate you on the internet. I'm sure I will never be that famous for anything, good or bad.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
You know its one thing to discuss the build materials and process and how it will perform its another thing to simply poke the poor dude and make fun of him for his bad choices.

We all know this thing isn't going far and is really nothing different than a really big kids raft slapped together for the fun of it. The Sad part is HR dumped a pile of money into it and its not like he could afford to waste money like that to start with. Heck I have a whole lot more money than he does and no way could I afford to do this.

And not only that, but to not bother to learn -anything- about your project, to tie up the majority (perhaps more than the total) of your net worth into said ill-planned project, and to ignore well-founded advice. I give lots of credit to HR for working hard, but what is the value of hard work thrown away on a worthless project... worse, a project that is going to be a hazard to to others and cost the taxpayers to either rescue HR and his retarded fambly (unfortunately Darwin has already left the building) and/or clean up the mess that his "catamaran" is already becoming?

I've worked with a lot of technicians who arroganly refuse to look things up in the manual. HR is of the same ilk.

Has he hooked up his Romex/dumwad wiring to actual elecricity yet?

FB- Doug

Timo42

Super Anarchist
The sad thing is that people have been building boats for some 140,000 years and HR&family have chosen to disregard that body of knowledge, instead they trumphet their adventurous spirit...

My grandmother had a saying, "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"

U20guy2

Super Anarchist

And not only that, but to not bother to learn -anything- about your project, to tie up the majority (perhaps more than the total) of your net worth into said ill-planned project, and to ignore well-founded advice. I give lots of credit to HR for working hard, but what is the value of hard work thrown away on a worthless project... worse, a project that is going to be a hazard to to others and cost the taxpayers to either rescue HR and his retarded fambly (unfortunately Darwin has already left the building) and/or clean up the mess that his "catamaran" is already becoming?

I've worked with a lot of technicians who arroganly refuse to look things up in the manual. HR is of the same ilk.

Has he hooked up his Romex/dumwad wiring to actual elecricity yet?

FB- Doug
I think enough is known about HR at this point that it makes perfect sense as to why he did it this way. I bet he learned a few things along the way just not the same sort of stuff most sailors here learn when they sort out how to build a boat part and discuss the proper materials and process on SA. LOL

redviking

Anarchist
The sad thing is that people have been building boats for some 140,000 years and HR&family have chosen to disregard that body of knowledge, instead they trumphet their adventurous spirit...

My grandmother had a saying, "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"
Where did you get that data? 6000 at best... Unless woolen mammals were sailing way back when...

europaflyer

London
Hold up ... a boat forum banned Bob Freaking Perry for rule violations !?!!?!

That's like a honeymoon suite banning intercourse.

WTF kind of mamaluke runs a boat site that bans Bob Perry? How does that field trip thingy work?
That made me chuckle. :D

Having been introduced to SA by this thread, I have to say I like the 'directness' here. I've had a couple of posts moderated over on CF, and they wouldn't have even registered on the SA radar.

I wish HRs son had posted here, then I could have told him what I really thought rather than the crap I was limited to on on CF, which had to use long words he didn't even understand.

So, hi people. One CF/SA dual citizen here.

Oh, and latest post from HRs son on CF:

"Well that has to be taken up with the the inspectors who have been out many times. Do you realy think they would have passed it? If so maybe the public should try to change that. With all the eyes on this project do you really think that no one has showed up? Fire dept,police dept,cost gard, boat inspectors, and the public. everyone has had there eye on it. All the restrictions that are already in place. would they just say yes go head. And if there where no sinking boat all ready big little pro built or not these people whould be standing in an unemployment line not wanting for my father to sink. so you have your pros and cons to everything."

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f48/some-say-there-are-no-ugly-catamarans-104607-14.html