65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
"Well that has to be taken up with the the inspectors who have been out many times. Do you realy think they would have passed it? If so maybe the public should try to change that. With all the eyes on this project do you really think that no one has showed up? Fire dept,police dept,cost gard, boat inspectors, and the public. everyone has had there eye on it. All the restrictions that are already in place. would they just say yes go head. And if there where no sinking boat all ready big little pro built or not these people whould be standing in an unemployment line not wanting for my father to sink. so you have your pros and cons to everything."

All ready big little pro built? Someone help me out here. Snaggy, is that you?

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Super Anarchist
cost gard ? Is that us ? How do we go head ? Ok, its time for HR to open up the foil lined master suite to the world. Why should all the fun be in the son ?

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
The sad thing is that people have been building boats for some 140,000 years and HR&family have chosen to disregard that body of knowledge, instead they trumphet their adventurous spirit...

My grandmother had a saying, "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"
.I have a feeling that Hot Rod isn't going to regret this. He did what we've all done, he built a shitty boat. But he did it bigger and shittier than any of us. ... .. ... ...

By the way, my shitty boat was made with pvc pipe and 6 mil plastic sheeting. It was marginally safer than HR's boat because one tends not to install 120 VAC on a kayak.
Geez, no... Not you wofmeister... That's what I have been trying to say for a wee bit... Go the Rod! How can we make this possible? Cheaper Gunboats for everyone, ok, just me... We should be all about the dream... Hell, I have a lot of sprouts and cheese aboard already. I just need some Soy Sauce.
Yep, all in favor of The Dream and anarchy.

This is not about dreaming, it's about shitting in everybody else's yard. I built some crappy boats, but they were small and easy to clean up after, and I learned from them. HotRod hasn't learned a darn thing, and seems to arrogantly declare that he already knows everything anyway. He's pissed away a lot of money on a totally worthless "boat" which would be fine except that 1- if he leaves the dock somebody is going to have assume the risk of rescuing him 2- the expense of said rescue will be paid by others 3- the expense of cleaning up the sodden remains of the "boat" will be paid by others 4- the utter failure will be one more tag on a list of why we boaters need more regulation & guv'mint oversight.

I don't have a problem with failing big. I have a problem with fucking other people over while you refuse to pay attention to what you're doing, and calling it "A Dream."

FB- Doug

What do you think the total amount of funds HR has 'invested' in this thing as of now? (not labor, carriage bolts and 2x4's only...)
I'm guessing he goes through his entire SSI check multiplied by at least 36 months. In the USA, if you at bat shit crazy, the federal govt gives you about $900 per month for life.

"Well that has to be taken up with the the inspectors who have been out many times. Do you realy think they would have passed it? If so maybe the public should try to change that. With all the eyes on this project do you really think that no one has showed up? Fire dept,police dept,cost gard, boat inspectors, and the public. everyone has had there eye on it. All the restrictions that are already in place. would they just say yes go [/size]head. And if there where no sinking boat all ready big little pro built or not these people whould be standing in an unemployment line not wanting for my father to sink. so you have your pros and cons to everything."[/size]

My attempt at translation: if it hasn't allready sunk, it must be ok. It doesn't matter if it is a big or little boat, or if it was built by a professional or not. (-- I'm a little rusty, but I used to translate for brain damaged meth heads and their offspring)

Romex bump lilmurray.
I nearly fell out of the chair laughing at myself when I read this. Having just posted what I thought to be a reflective and somewhat philosophical response directed in part to some of Hot Rod’s strongest defenders (#2400) I read that it’s the Romex photos that people want. I guess this has become my lot here on SA. Yes, the electrical post is coming and though it may turn out to be anticlimactic in the end , I will make the post and others on the steering system and rig.

A friend of mine, an Aussie, told me a story about eating in a restaurant in Bali and overhearing a customer at the next table bitching about how long he had to wait for his food. A few minutes later the chef, a huge Samoan looking guy with an austere ponytail came out of the kitchen in a stained apron holding a cleaver. The fellow walked up to the table, towering over the complaining customer, crossed his rather massive arms and said in a loud voice audible to everyone in the place "Good food take Time!" He then turned and walked back into the kitchen and nothing further was heard. My friend did say that the food was great, and next time I see him, if I remember, I’ll ask him the name of the place. What does this have to do with anything? Maybe nothing, but I do like the story.

(BTW Thanks ‘ Dirc’ for the kind words)

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
lilmurray... take your time making the food post on Romex. This thread has been all over the place during its meandering 25 pages, and no worries if you take it for a prosaic stroll before getting us back on track. And thanks, btw, for your insights and commentary.

But, remember to feed the beast! With pics!

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
"Well that has to be taken up with the the inspectors who have been out many times. Do you realy think they would have passed it? If so maybe the public should try to change that. With all the eyes on this project do you really think that no one has showed up? Fire dept,police dept,cost gard, boat inspectors, and the public. everyone has had there eye on it. All the restrictions that are already in place. would they just say yes go [/size]head. And if there where no sinking boat all ready big little pro built or not these people whould be standing in an unemployment line not wanting for my father to sink. so you have your pros and cons to everything."[/size]

My attempt at translation: if it hasn't allready sunk, it must be ok. It doesn't matter if it is a big or little boat, or if it was built by a professional or not. (-- I'm a little rusty, but I used to translate for brain damaged meth heads and their offspring)
Thanks Bro. You most definitely have some serious language skills. I had no f'ing clue what this guy (do we know this is a guy?) was saying. I'm sure there are some subtleties that were lost in the translation, but I think I get the general gist. Thanks.

Gotta say, big kudos to Hotrod for taking in a foreign exchange student and teaching him how things work here in America. That can't be easy, especially while you're building a bigass cat.

Found this for HR Jr., it might help

http://youtu.be/XoiRiDZVNIw

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Super Anarchist
How many sheep can you fit into 65 x 32 ? Enquiring minds in New Zealand want to know. And when it springs a leak, what will they Ram into the hole ?

If they havent planned for this, there will be no point bleating about it later.... Too BAAAAAD.

mikewof

mikewof
Have you ever been on one of those sailboat thingies?

How's you duct tape/kids missing leg/stick thing coming along?
a) what's a sailboat? assumed this forum was about the overthrowing of political order and creation of a lawless free for all of rape and pillage

b ) now you're not making any sense at all.
1. My last sailboat, was the one on which VwaP was conceived upon, after that I figured I better not push my luck.
2. He's talking about a pissy little post where some show off soldiers carried some disabled kid in a road race after his prosthesis broke, carrying this 60 lb. kid over the finish line as if they had just hauled across sacks of cannonballs. The kid was interviewed as saying he would have preferred to finish the race on his own, so I dared to suggest that the show-offs could have perhaps kept the attention on the kid rather than themselves by fixing his broken prosthesis with some duct tape and a stick. (I was once able to repair a broken Enduro with duct tape and a roofing nail.) VwaP's insectoid brain latched onto this as hilarious, and is typical for people with tiny imaginations, cursed by the hobgoblin of low-intelligence, he keeps bringing it up every few weeks, each time chuckling to himself as he gently cries himself to sleep over the sock monkey his grandmother gave him.

VwaP is a gentle, lost soul, we try to take it easy on him, we never know when he's going to snap again like he did that time at the 1996 World Exposition.

mikewof

mikewof
Geez, no... Not you wofmeister... That's what I have been trying to say for a wee bit... Go the Rod! How can we make this possible? Cheaper Gunboats for everyone, ok, just me... We should be all about the dream... Hell, I have a lot of sprouts and cheese aboard already. I just need some Soy Sauce.
I'll wager that's how this whole thing happened. Hot Rod was poring over an issue of Latitudes, drooling over the Gunboat 66 like the rest of us normal humans, and suddenly this horrible little thought popped into his head ... "$4.2 million? For that? Why sheeit it's just a bunch of drywall screws and CDX plywood, I could make that thing for $50 grand, tops."
His boat reminds me of the Eddie Murphy sketch ...

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt
Good old Cruisers Form response to trying to visit their No Ugly Catamarans thread

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
Fark that place sounds like no fun at all...

All of us guys at Florida University love having sex with men.
See. They don't know what they are missing....

Boston1

Super Anarchist
BF colorado
well I've got nothing for ole Rod Moe but English isn't exactly my first language, and its a bitch, so if I fuck it up a bit, piss off, cause I bet even some of you folks who grew up on it screw it up plenty yourselves.

I gotta say tho its nice to find a place were peeps laugh at the ludicrous suggestions that there's some form of legal issue in taking up a public interest story and running with it. Again there is no right to privacy in public and if there's anyplace public its setting up right smack in front of a strip mall smack in the middle of a public marina. Sorry Rod Moe, fam and friends but get over it. You stuck your ass out in public and public had a good laugh.

The deal is its only liable if its not true.

I believe I posted a while back about a medical professionals ability to declare someone a danger to themselves and others, well I am becoming more and more convinced that this specifically applies to both Rod Moe and his extended family. Darwin would be feeling quite vindicated right about now. Obviously intelligence and the inclination to survive is clearly hereditary, although I thing he'd wright a new chapter subtitled cultural devolution to describe this level of intellectual regression.

Whats really important to realize tho throughout this whole thing is that its a blazing perfect example of just how not to go about building ones dream. lest that dream become a nightmare. Something we all, who are hoping to build a retirement yacht eventually, could use to well remember.

Hire a bloody naval architect, buy the right materials, realize you don't know every bloody thing about building, and at least make some attempt to not endanger the surrounding bits and pieces of humanity.

Oh and Rod Moe if your listening, drag that thing back ashore and scrap it. You've got zero right to endanger anyone but yourself, which is exactly what you do every moment that thing remains in the water.

Oh and while I 'm on a role

show us your tits ;-)

Up in the Northeast and I suspect in other areas as well use of a dock, private club or marina, normally requires proof of suitable insurance. I can’t imagine any underwriter would ever deem this POS as seaworthy let alone a good risk to underwrite so how is this thing allowed to tie up? If the FH is not insured by a company perhaps the builder is self insuring the boat but to do that I would imagine he would need over a million in cash sitting in an account.

Everyone knows someone without insurance but as a club or marina owner wouldn’t you want to assure this thing is insured? Salvaging an O’day 22 without insurance is one thing but this POS is going to fall apart and the environmental impact and resulting effort to mitigate the damage and remove the timber could be substantial. It’s not a matter of IF the FH is going to fall apart; it’s a matter of how fast. If the owner is not insured and chooses to act with reckless disregard by failing to properly safeguard the shipping lanes, environment, and other vessels he would be liable for the losses.

If I were him I would be very concerned about where this thing is going to go down as the economic losses from a catastrophic failure of the boat could be considerable and the criminal charges that would result could be a very scary thing. Let’s remember, mom is not getting around the way she did when she was 50. If she goes down with the ship manslaughter charges are sure to follow. You had better believe that the prosecutor would subpoena the Sailing Anarchy records to prove HR was reading every word of this yet continued with his reckless behavior.

At this point, is there any way to save the guy from himself? Do we have a responsibility as a community to do something?