65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
That thing has definitely gotten more swaybacked. Maybe HR should run some tensioning cables transversly between the hulls just above the water. A handful of Home Depot eyebolts and some cable should do it.

I figure the ultimate failure mode of this thing is one of two possibilities - it turns to mush and sinks or it does the splits and the "hulls" separate from the central pod.

What say y'all.

That thing has definitely gotten more swaybacked. Maybe HR should run some tensioning cables transversly between the hulls just above the water. A handful of Home Depot eyebolts and some cable should do it.

I figure the ultimate failure mode of this thing is one of two possibilities - it turns to mush and sinks or it does the splits and the "hulls" separate from the central pod.

What say y'all.
It looks like the back porch and patio cover are sagging. Having that hog parked back there ain't helping.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
DA-WOODY said:
Clearly the new guy in the dingy is none other than

med_gallery_100588_742_408359.jpg

I.O. Johnson

coat - hat - door
That shot presents WAY too many possibilities for politically incorrect and otherwise socially unacceptable comments (even for here).

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
This is better than Stowe in many ways. YCMTSU!!! And as someone else pointed out, the Anne really was capable of handling the sea, while this thing will fold up into bits of flotsam should it ever find it's way to the high seas......

Last edited by a moderator:

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
attachicon.gif
turbo entabulator.jpg

I'm thinking that the piece of kit on the stern that you are unable to identify could be a Turbo Entabulator, more info here:

The kit is actually spelt Turbo encabulator and the youtube video is a wonderful description, similar in exactly how the FH actually works.... Of course, the description of the turbo encabulator is only appropriate for appropriately educated persons.

swims4USA

Anarchist
DA-WOODY said:
was just going to comment on this epic photo.

1. They only have 1 paddle.

2.... i can't. like above, not even on SA.
It's ok, it's just shadows, look at the "outdrive"... PC doesn't apply

Wonder if he is making motor noises.
that's some funny shit.

at least he's not walking through the mud towing the "TENDER"....

pbd

Super Anarchist
Ca
Looking at the pictures, you can once again see HR's genius. First you build a porch and hold up the roof with a couple of 2x4's strapped together and then when you need a stern anchor you just tie the anchor line off to the same porch post. With one piece of wood you get shade for the bike and a place to tie off the anchor. Who needs a windlass or even a cleat? Not our man HR.

I'm sure the loads from the anchor line won't cause any problems.

redviking

Anarchist
This is better than Stowe in many ways. YCMTSU!!! And as someone else pointed out, the Anne really was capable of handling the sea, while this thing will fold up into bits of flotsam should it ever find it's way to the high seas......
True... But lest we all forget, many of us didn't think Weed would make it back sans an AMVER... But nobody wants to look at Thor Heyerdal... Kon-Tiki... 4300 miles... 1947... Balsa construction... Same shit that made those rubber band airplanes you used to play with... Let him go and send SA's keel-less posterboy to rescue him... Entertaining for sure....

Boston1

Super Anarchist
BF colorado
I can't believe they just glibly partying along while they sit in the mud with everything crashing down around them. That one picture of Rod and Viking really looked like both were just stoned out of there minds.

I can't help but wonder what HR is thinking when he's slogging around in the mudflats.

Does he, to keep himself "sane", fancy himself and the wife/sister/aunt as Humphrey Bogart and Kathryn Hepburn in "The African Queen"?

IMG_26641.jpg

Willin'

Super Anarchist
The Burg, Maine
Thanks to Meuritt's clear photos, we can see more of the rigging quite clearly.

There's so much top-hamper I focused solely on the main mast.

794_standing_rigging_627x879.jpg

Pink: forward shrouds and headstay.

Yellow: inline shrouds (diamond stays).

Green: aft shrouds.

Blue: twin backstays.

Things get a little dicey at the lower terminals of the diamonds (at the lowers.)

With that poor angle on the bobstays, that bowsprit is going to fold the first time the rig pumps.

Still lovin' the cargo boom! It may be the most practical piece of hardware on the entire boat! Wonder if that's how they got the motorcycle on the back porch?
I hate using cliches but, well um er, that's just like a Hunter rig.
The shrouds highlighted in yellow bear a strong resemblance to an old RDF antenna I used to have. Now all he has to do is lay in a supply of butter and he's almost to Lahaina!

ZeroTheHero

Super Anarchist
DA-WOODY said:
was just going to comment on this epic photo.

1. They only have 1 paddle.

2.... i can't. like above, not even on SA.
It's ok, it's just shadows, look at the "outdrive"... PC doesn't apply

Wonder if he is making motor noises.
that's some funny shit.

at least he's not walking through the mud towing the "TENDER"....
Is that a paddle? Looks like a shovel!

europaflyer

London
Someone posted on CF a while ago claiming to be Hot Rod's daughter and saying a lot of crap in defence of HR. I initially suspected it was someone from here come over to CF for a laugh. When they misinterpreted some remark I made as a personal slight though, and launched in to a long somewhat illiterate spiel about how their great great whatever fought in the Civil War, I became increasingly sure that it was genuine Hot Rod spawn. This may be the mystery lady...

Unfortunately the thread was moderated in to oblivion (duh, it's CF) so I can't tell you the exact details. Suffice to say, she has the typical HR attributes of total unawareness of the impending fuck-up, low intelligence, and enough arrogance to make your eyes hurt.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/members/myfather-131695.html

Have to say, though, to paraphrase Captain Ron: 'Hot Rod appears more cunning than I initially suspected'...