silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
7144216029a10028939441l.jpg

We're gonna need a truckload of G-10

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
When the foil split we dropped anchor.we were in fast current the anchors one 30 and a 40 with 75 ft of 3/8 between took hold on the side of a deep water channel.i told the CG to tow us back the way we came.but they refused ,insisting on wenching up the anchors it drift toward china camp .breaking the wench and the 30lb er.
Damn, I hate it when my wench breaks!

HR'FH

loch lomond
I believe this site is fucking up my phone. I don't need advice on rebuilding my hulls.i got iin troble using used parts. U fucks r trying to reinvent the weel.we will b gone in a few days.and thanks for all the help it nearly made a difference.. now i can die happy.

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
I believe this site is fucking up my phone. I don't need advice on rebuilding my hulls.i got iin troble using used parts. U fucks r trying to reinvent the weel.we will b gone in a few days.and thanks for all the help it nearly made a difference.. now i can die happy.
You do realize that a major part of being a martyr is being dead, don't you?

HR'FH

loch lomond

HR'FH

loch lomond

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Probably a good thing since, if you continue as you have been going, it will happen sooner rather than later. Is everyone else on the FH ready to die happy along with you, you narcissistic clown?

Spoffo

Stopped by briefly around noon for my daily eyeball check. Nothing much to report. FH floating quietly where it's been, FH Jr. still tied alongside. No activity visible. The wind appears to have swung the stern around a bit so it's now angled-out more into deeper water. As a result, the stern anchor line was riding up against the temporary tiller. If HR is reading this, you should probably lower that tiller so it can't snag the anchor line like that. If the wind picks up this afternoon while the boat is still able to swing, the anchor line could damage the tiller the way it's riding now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liquid

NFLTG
Over there
HR'FH, you don't seem interested in showing us any pictures of the FH so we can give you help in improving the structure or fittings (you have my email address if you change your mind). That's fine. Could you tell us please what help/advice you do want? Because I reckon you do realise you're in a bit of trouble, and you are looking for help. You just don't seem very good at actually asking for it... :)
Go back to page 1. Plenty of internal structural pics...

europaflyer

London
My patience and goodwill is exhausted - I tried hard! You build a boat with someone else's money, you equip it through other peoples goodwill and you will end up relying on someone else to pick up the pieces.

You will die 'happy' when you take the floating pigsty to sea in a few days. Telling you your 'boat' is totally unsafe isn't reinventing the wheel, it's trying to save your and your familys lives. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope this epic saga lasts longer than I fear. However, like your CDX, I am 'saturated with resign'... :(

HR and family:

I live in Oakland. If there is anything that you need from over this way that I can bring you, or if you could use some help for a specific task let me know. It must be tough where you are right now. I imagine that you want to get stabilized so that you can figure the next move.

Would you be willing to listen to the thoughts of a qualified person if the Sailing Anarchy community were to pass the hat and pay someone to come out and look at the situation and give you some advice?

There is a way to private message me through this site, or just post a reply. I'd put my name and number up but you know how the freaks are around here!

I agree with those that have expressed doubt and concern (some in a nicer way than others) about taking the FH very far in her current state, and I also agree with those who have expressed admiration for your gumption and tenacity. I'd hope that the FH could be made safe and stable in protected water for now, and the longer term be worked out one way or another. If it really can never be taken out the Gate, maybe it could be a really cool houseboat somewhere.

Please think about my offer to pay for someone qualified to come take a look. I think that it is the least that "we" could do, given all the abuse that's been dished out.
Timothy Leary is that you ??

If I understood HR and Viking from yesterday, they asked for leads on 2 15 hp. outboard motors, spare blocks, and line.

Viking, maybe you could clarify what blocks you want, what line, type and size. BE specific in what you are asking for. If you are asking for free labor, be specific about what type of work you need done, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, rigging, etc.