65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

HR'FH

loch lomond
Wow , u guys make dumb and dumber seem like mental hulks.i am glad i waited this long before commenting on this site. The up side,well im shure there is one. O and the money for this build came originally from being hit by a drunk driver like some here.and just as clever. Don't know how we would have done it without u guys. O we did sorry.well keep stalking for now. HR

jerryj2me

Super Anarchist
So now it seems to have degenerated into an insulting match in both directions.

Will Godwin's law apply here a well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Hot Rod - let it be well known when you take this thing to sea.

Bay Area folks - lets get a flotilla to follow him out shall we?

Hopefully the women and children will be picked up as it goes down.

Boston1

Super Anarchist
BF colorado
Not spares ..a pair .vikings phones more fucked up than mine running used cant seem to find any locally.
Well keep looking son I'm sure you'll find them in there somewhere

abO135D.gif

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
HR'FH - if you want help, quite a few of us here are mechanical engineers and there are even some qualified naval architects around. If you post some pictures of the inside of the hulls and the interior structure then we will be able to give you some sensible, useful advice about strengthening and stiffening the boat with materials you can afford, so it can withstand a few wave impacts without flexing and breaking. Is this the sort of help you are looking for here?

If you want me to upload them for you than I'll send you a PM with my email address.
That would be $ 0.00

It might be possible to build in a set of members inside the hull to take the strain of a towing bitt, but as built there is nothing to fasten the bitt or a samson post to. It's wide spaced 2x4 over 3/8 CDX... not even a surface one could walk on reliably in the real world (or at least not for any length of time). However building a truss into HR's FH would need to be done with volunteer labor and donated materials.

Fly-un Huh-why-un has lasted several months now... longer than some of us thought it would, but you're still talking about a structural life span of months here. That's with only a tiny fraction of the stress it would be expected to take under sail, much less at sea.

FB- Doug

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Wow , u guys make dumb and dumber seem like mental hulks.i am glad i waited this long before commenting on this site. The up side,well im shure there is one. O and the money for this build came originally from being hit by a drunk driver like some here.and just as clever. Don't know how we would have done it without u guys. O we did sorry.well keep stalking for now. HR
Well that clarifies things - blunt force trauma brain damage, not meth.

George Dewey

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
Well that clarifies things - blunt force trauma brain damage, not meth.
Not necessarily. The two are not mutually exclusive.

George Dewey

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
The CG broke our windless and anchor.
I filed a FOIA request with the CG on the incident. It will be several weeks but we'll find out what really happened.

One thing I know for damn sure even before we get the paperwork, if the CG "broke" something it was either (1) because whatever "broke" was not properly constructed to begin with or (2) it was necessary to protect life and/or property. My bet, the former.

Last edited by a moderator:

europaflyer

London
OK then Hot Rod, if you're so sure everything's fine in your world (it isn't) then take the Flyin' Fuckwit out in to the open ocean and see how she stands up. Clue: 'not well'. As for actually making way under sail, forget it.

The only possible use for the FH is as a floating barge in the bay, occasionally being towed from place to place by the Bayliner. The FH will probably be pretty good at this... until the plywood breaks down in a few weeks/months. Then it's all over, and this is inevitable whether or not you actually try to sail the damn thing.

Personally, I doubt you will ever get off this mudbank before she starts taking on more water than the pumps can handle. Only you know how bad the situation already is, but by the sound of things you're already pumping water out of the hulls. However bad it is now, it's just going to get worse and worse as more water seeps in, makes the plywood more and more soggy, and we all know how it will end even if you don't.

Thanks so much for all this. It's been huge fun!

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Mr. Hot, Guy has extensive experience in the field of "HP Induced Sailing" having been CEO of the AC Team Murrelet syndicate in Valencia. Guy would love to extend his services to your project. Compensation can be discussed at a later date.

Also, Guy wishes to inquire of the status of this captivating waif pictured below. Is she Mrs. Hot? Can she be had without much fuss? Mrs. Frank has gone frigid and Guy's blood boils!

Cheers and Huzzah to the crew of Le Voler Hawaïenne!!

attachicon.gif
Mrs Hot.jpg
tis a shame the bulk of the idiots reading this thread are unaware of Mr. Guy's stature in this community

Huzzah indeed, Mr. Guy
HUZZAH !!

Some of us remember Mr. Guy from back in the good ol' days of SA... even though we've tried hard to kill the brain cells containing these memories...

FB- Doug

Boston1

Super Anarchist
BF colorado
Rod Moe, Curly or Larry, ( never quite sure who I'm talking to at this point ) are you seriously going to ignore all advice to the contrary and not even pretend to have a qualified surveyor look at this thing before you proceed ?

And I gotta ask, your posts are, well far be it for I to comment on your spelling or grammar ( English isn't my first language and frankly, its a bitch ) but you sound pretty soggy yourself. You folks drinking up a storm in there or what? I'd recommend at least one person remaining sober at all times to pretend a captain, should the CG show up again. Somebody's gotta be sober or there could be charges.

You seem dead set on ignoring requests for picture so the more qualified among us might offer some relevant advice

HR'FH

loch lomond
Make a big deal out of nothing then get mad because it still not a big deal you. don't have a part in it at all ,beside drama queen. Wow charlie brown its ok to b a on the porch kind of dog .no harm no foul. We come we go its all good.i did run across a person or two on this site that is decent.in spite of the rest.HR

The Raccoon, reminds me of one of the enforcer robots on Robot Wars. Derelict boats beware!

BTW HR, another spot that might be interesting to anchor out at is at Pt San Pablo. A real collection of interesting people live and boat out of the Pt San Pablo Marina, I don't think you could get inside, but just outside is more mudflats, better protected from the winds that China Camp.

HR'FH

loch lomond
The Raccoon, reminds me of one of the enforcer robots on Robot Wars. Derelict boats beware!

BTW HR, another spot that might be interesting to anchor out at is at Pt San Pablo. A real collection of interesting people live and boat out of the Pt San Pablo Marina, I don't think you could get inside, but just outside is more mudflats, better protected from the winds that China Camp.

Wcyr07

HR you have to realize that everyones intrigue and issue with the FH is that when it breaks apart and someone dies, you'll be on the news representing SAILING. Which is a fucking joke for all of us......

People really want to help you to prevent this, but you need to be more specific than just asking for free $5000+ engines. If you need help reinforcing, refiberglassing, etc you're talking to some experts right now.

Ignore the haters, we just dont want anyone giving a bad impression of the safety of sailing to the nation and media...