65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

HR'FH

loch lomond
I know this site exploits others for the purpose of entertainment.its too bad u don't have the hole picture.
Dude, give us the whole picture :)
I have what I think is a sensible question for you. Feel free to tell me to f*ck off. I agree with you, some of this lot are just plain rude.

Did the swim platform of the Bayliner get damaged when it hit your hull? If not, does it not worry you that a small Bayliner is stronger than your hull?

axolotl

Super Anarchist
San Diego
Hey, the guy has a boat with a name one it; and it seems to be on on some sort of voyage. More power to him 'till the seams come apart.

Coming back from vacation in Desolation Sound, we crossed the Strait of Georgia when it was blowing 15-20.

We hit a log about 10" in diameter and 20' long at nearly a 90 degree angle when we were reaching on starboard tack at about 12-13 knots.

The port ama suffered no damage, but it sure made a hell of a clunk.

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
U said it couldn't b launched .then it would break up when it hit water.who realy gives half a shit what your opinion is anymore.
Mike/Jimmy,

You have a boat that does not steer, has no means of propulsion, has a rig that is completely untested, has no dagger boards, and is made from material that is completely wrong. You have absolutely no experience sailing in the Bay, or in open water, or handling a large vessel of any kind. You have no safety equipment, you do not have communication equipment, and you don't have navigational equipment or the experience to use them.

Do you honestly believe you are going to be able to sail to Hawaii safely and without incident?
Will the Harzuki fit into a 4 Man Liferaft? Oh Shit, he doesn't have one of those either.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Make a big deal out of nothing then get mad because it still not a big deal you. don't have a part in it at all ,beside drama queen. Wow charlie brown its ok to b a on the porch kind of dog .no harm no foul. We come we go its all good.i did run across a person or two on this site that is decent.in spite of the rest.HR
Correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying that the wildly substandard construction of this thing is "no big deal" ?

Wow,

I don't think offering the advice to have this thing surveyed is going to get through to you, so I think a slight change in direction might be in order. Mind you, any efforts to shake up whatever blockage is preventing you from seeing the rational behind the advice is meant in the best possible terms.

You might want to read the following and evaluate your own actions, might be there is something going on here that you might want to recognize

Persons diagnosed with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder are characterized by unwarranted feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy for others. These qualities are usually defenses against a deep feeling of inferiority and of being unloved.[6]

Symptoms[edit source | edit]Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-IV-TR include:[1]

• Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
  • Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
  • Envies others and believes others envy him/her
  • Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
  • Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
  • Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior
  • Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic
Per the Mayo Clinic, narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, which is in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders.[7]

Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:

• Believing that you're better than others
  • Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
  • Exaggerating your achievements or talents
  • Expecting constant praise and admiration
  • Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
  • Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
  • Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
  • Taking advantage of others
  • Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
  • Being jealous of others
  • Believing that others are jealous of you
  • Trouble keeping healthy relationships
  • Setting unrealistic goals
  • Being easily hurt and rejected
  • Having a fragile self-esteem
  • Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
In addition to these symptoms, the person may display arrogance, show superiority, and seek power.[8] The symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder can be similar to the traits of individuals with strong self-esteem and confidence; differentiation occurs when the underlying psychological structures of these traits are considered pathological. Narcissists have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better than others, when in reality they have a fragile self-esteem, cannot handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth. It is this tendency that is characteristic of narcissism as opposed to other psychological conditions affecting level of self-worth.[9]
Lets add Hubris to the proposed self analysis;

Hubris /ˈhjuːbrɪs/, also hybris, from ancient Greek ὕβρις, means extreme pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence, accomplishments or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power. Hubris is usually associated with the "simple-minded". The adjectival form of the noun hubris is "hubristic".

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
Nah, it's the Rod and the Viking all right, verified by Spoffo.

I'm thinking it's all over but the shouting by Thursday unless he can make it to the Delta.
When did Spoffo confirm it was Rod and his son? I saw a photo that was sent supposedly to a forum member.

I read how typing on a phone is so difficult. I see different spelling and punctuation errors. Some that should NEVER come up if a phone is being used to write stuff to the forum. How is it that there is no space after a period. How is it that the autocorrect is not kicking in? I am still a doubter. Although.. I must congratulate the person who sent the photo.. Pretty damn good. Easy to fake EXIF etc... and the background is so damn good. But the language and the errors that appear and are NOT consistent... quite a problem...

Excellent attempt... but.. let us stop the BS.

(for spelling errors, a good example is dont and don't. Both forms appear...)
Go back and read - HR quoted a conversation he and Spoffo had, Spoffo confirmed it. He's real.
That was meuritt in post #4681, who visited the boat in a dinghy - not Spoffo:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=126442&p=4249362

Last edited by a moderator:

nos4r2

UK
Does a shoping cart damage a lifted four weel drive when it rolls into the door? And if it does is it a defective truck?
Dunno, the steps on mine stop the shopping cart before it hits the door :)

Seriously though, a shopping cart is thicker and heavier built than a door skin. I hope there was more damage to the Bayliner than to Flyin Hawaian, cuz we aint talking door skins here.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
U said it couldn't b launched .then it would break up when it hit water.who realy gives half a shit what your opinion is anymore.
Mike/Jimmy,

You have a boat that does not steer, has no means of propulsion, has a rig that is completely untested, has no dagger boards, and is made from material that is completely wrong. You have absolutely no experience sailing in the Bay, or in open water, or handling a large vessel of any kind. You have no safety equipment, you do not have communication equipment, and you don't have navigational equipment or the experience to use them.

Do you honestly believe you are going to be able to sail to Hawaii safely and without incident?
Will the Harzuki fit into a 4 Man Liferaft? Oh Shit, he doesn't have one of those either.
BBQ is a goner too. Sad.

Monkey

Super Anarchist
Does a shoping cart damage a lifted four weel drive when it rolls into the door? And if it does is it a defective truck?
Dunno, the steps on mine stop the shopping cart before it hits the door :)
Seriously though, a shopping cart is thicker and heavier built than a door skin. I hope there was more damage to the Bayliner than to Flyin Hawaian, cuz we aint talking door skins here.
Odd, same deal here. Perhaps if we'd built our vehicles out of cheap plywood, he might have a point.