65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
Let me repeat my question:

Mike/Jimmy,

You have a boat that does not steer, has no means of propulsion, has a rig that is completely untested, has no dagger boards, and is made from material that is completely wrong. You have absolutely no experience sailing in the Bay, or in open water, or handling a large vessel of any kind. You have no safety equipment, you do not have communication equipment, and you don't have navigational equipment or the experience to use them.

Do you honestly believe you are going to be able to sail to Hawaii safely and without incident?

mikewof

mikewof
I believe this site is fucking up my phone. I don't need advice on rebuilding my hulls.i got iin troble using used parts. U fucks r trying to reinvent the weel.we will b gone in a few days.and thanks for all the help it nearly made a difference.. now i can die happy.
Making the association of these folks is going to be one of the best moves you've made.

Any tiny little question that pops up, you just post it here and a hundred and twenty dudes will set you straight. SAers charge heavy coin on the open market for their expertise, but for some reason they give it away for free here.

HR'FH

loch lomond
Let me repeat my question:

Mike/Jimmy,

You have a boat that does not steer, has no means of propulsion, has a rig that is completely untested, has no dagger boards, and is made from material that is completely wrong. You have absolutely no experience sailing in the Bay, or in open water, or handling a large vessel of any kind. You have no safety equipment, you do not have communication equipment, and you don't have navigational equipment or the experience to use them.

Do you honestly believe you are going to be able to sail to Hawaii safely and without incident?

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Mike is right. I never figured out why but that's how it works.

Best of luck with your adventure Hotrod.. A lot of us are pulling for you.

But you need to learn the SA way. It's not always pretty and polite but it can be valuable.

Now HTFU and get to work.

jerryj2me

Super Anarchist
49105main_popcorn.jpg

There we go... Now lets see if any questions on the design or rig get answered.

casc27

Super Anarchist
HR, I don't know if you know who Mr. Perry is, but if he's telling you to HTFU and get to work and make your floating dream function, well, that's advice to heed. Plus, success is always the best revenge. And, if you don't succeed chasing a dream you can at least tell all the naysayers that at least you gave it a shot. (Withholding all personal opinions of FH for the duration of this message...)

You're a public figure now, giving magazine interviews, making all the papers, you're "the talk of the town".

Paparazzi are legal in California, get used to it.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
The next time ii c u assholes floatin near my yacht pd said i can swamp ur ass with my broke down bayliner u fucks .we gona hav so fun boy. If ii can get permission iill share some reg army with ya.
Uh oh

I'm tellin teacher !!

Hey there Hot Rod, if you're out on the water I'm not sure the Army is what you really want to get all bad with. Might wanna try the Navy instead
I believe where the FH is currently sitting is classified as "The Littoral" so yes indeed - send in the Marines.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
HR, I don't know if you know who Mr. Perry is, but if he's telling you to HTFU and get to work and make your floating dream function, well, that's advice to heed. Plus, success is always the best revenge. And, if you don't succeed chasing a dream you can at least tell all the naysayers that at least you gave it a shot. (Withholding all personal opinions of FH for the duration of this message...)
You're kidding, right? HR has studied 10,000 yacht designs! 4 star, certified !!

HR's ability to work hard is not in doubt.

His ability to accomplish actual results OTOH... ... ... YMMV, he has certainly got further than I thought he would but he's stuck on a muddy shoal now

FB- Doug

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
If all,most.or some of it were true .i wouldn't go.
OK, Let me make this easy.

1) I can steer the boat.

2) The boat can be motored or sailed.

3) The boat can sail upwind.

4) The boat does not leak and the wood is completely dry.

5) I have experience sailing is open ocean or rough water conditions

6) I have piloted large sailing vessels before

7) I have safety equipment for offshore sailing

8) I will be able to communicate from anywhere in the Pacific.

9) I have navigation equipment and know how to use it.

10) I have a fundamental understanding of marine weather.

Which statements above are true?

Boston1

Super Anarchist
BF colorado
The next time ii c u assholes floatin near my yacht pd said i can swamp ur ass with my broke down bayliner u fucks .we gona hav so fun boy. If ii can get permission iill share some reg army with ya.
Your drunk, sleep it off before you say something that gets you into trouble with the law. The hard reality that your just not able to grasp through whatever sodden fantasy your having, is that we're trying to offer you sound advice; little things like, safety equipment so you don't go and get your family killed, and maybe a survey by a professional so you don't do anything stupid like go out past the gate in that manifestly unsafe contraption. OK so we don't all have a degree in hospitality, but at least some of us have enough experience to know a train wreck looks like, and your it.

Do yourself and your family a favor, drag that thing back up out of the water and call it even before you get somebody hurt or killed.

Not that your going to accept it, but more than a few people are just hoping no one gets killed

Latest posts