65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Grand news all! Guy was contacted by Mr. Hot and Mr. Hot Jr. last night. We agreed to rendezvous aboard the Flyin Hawaiian this evening to discuss Guy heading up the newly formed Flyin Hawaiian Charter LLC. If Guy accepts, Guy will be doing all Marketing and Public Relations from this point forward. Merveilleux!

Also, Guy was told that Mr. Hot's sister is very excited to meet Guy! Oh and the adventure begins again!
That sounds marveilleux indeed.

Huzzah!

Perhaps it may be possible to float this venture issuing shares to worthy investors? Just a suggestion, remember the only thing better than being entertained by the misadventures of others is to make a profit from them.

FB- Doug

mad

Super Anarchist
Grand news all! Guy was contacted by Mr. Hot and Mr. Hot Jr. last night. We agreed to rendezvous aboard the Flyin Hawaiian this evening to discuss Guy heading up the newly formed Flyin Hawaiian Charter LLC. If Guy accepts, Guy will be doing all Marketing and Public Relations from this point forward. Merveilleux!

Also, Guy was told that Mr. Hot's sister is very excited to meet Guy! Oh and the adventure begins again!
How are you going to explain that to Mrs Frank? :unsure:

So do I mate. So do I, but it would be nice to see him pull it off if only to get some of the knobheads on here to shut the fuck up for once. Most of the twats on here would be quite willing to watch a blind man get run over by a truck just to be able to tell him how stupid he was for being blind in the first place.
This blindly arrogant little twit has been told 287 times that the truck is fucking coming but he systematically refuses to believe it.

That is the source of most of the anger and ridicule in this thread.

If you don't get that, then you're not any smarter than HR is.

I've learned a lot from this forum (yes I knew that little) and many others, and most of the most important things I've learned are WHAT NOT TO DO.

We'll see how it turns out.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
I think u guys would love a death its the kind of morbid shit u mised out on In life. advice well its only good if it helps. U guys r like a bad sowing circle. I here u say what if something hapens.omg..... it's sapos to . If u guys r helpful.i will give u honorable mention on tv .if not it don't matter .i think thats fair wich is way better than u gave.
Anyone else catch this?? You think he is going down the Sunderland rabit hole thinking if he makes it he will get Fame and glory, if something happens and he gets rescued the book deal/realityTV deal and the lawsuit will soon follow??

Guy and Mrs. Frank have always had an open relationship. Regardless, Mrs Frank has been focused elsewhere now that Mr. Frank has resurfaced in a shack behind a house in Coronado CA. Seems he is embracing his inbred Southern roots. Guns and Jesus le Blanc.

Oui, Mr. Steam, Guy has made a career of profiting with other peoples' dreams!

Timo42

Super Anarchist
Guy and Mrs. Frank have always had an open relationship. Regardless, Mrs Frank has been focused elsewhere now that Mr. Frank has resurfaced in a shack behind a house in Coronado CA. Seems he is embracing his inbred Southern roots. Guns and Jesus le Blanc.

Don't do it Mr. Guy, it's a trap!!! Pick a neutral site if you must, maybe a Walmart or a tire store. There's a reason we haven't seen any pics from inside the hulls since launch, think "food supply"... :eek:

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
HR - if you're still reading, pay attention to what I'm going to tell you:

Most of the people here understand that you've built something that's a dream for you, and are glad that you're happy with what you've done. These same people also are experienced enough to recognize that what you've built is woefully unsuited for the task for which you built it. The basic materials you used are of insufficient strength, the joinery techniques may be fine for a garage, but, boats must be built to endure stresses much stronger than any structure built upon a foundation will ever see. The rudders/sails you've built are both too weak and without enough control authority to permit you to move and steer your boat.

I'm posting this hoping that you at least make sure you've got SOME kind of liferaft, and that you practice getting everyone into it at least once before you try to move that thing more than a 1/4 mile from shore. Nobody here wants to see you get hurt, or to hurt anyone else because you were too obstinate to recognize that other folks might've known what they were talking about. You haven't hurt anyone yet - please don't.

Wcyr07

before they said they wanted to charter the boat to do tours to make some money... Wouldn't that require permits? Permits would require submission to a marine classifications society that would the FH would never pass. Same goes for insurance.

HR,

This is really your only option - other than remaining stuck in the mud off the San Rafael Canal:

Since your boat cannot survive on the bay (or any other body of water with even modest wave action) your only choice is the Sacramento Delta. To get there you will need three things: a way to tow the boat, some way to connect to the towboat, and a reservation at a marina. You'll have to work on the towboat but the only way I see to tow the Flyin' Hawai'ian without serious structural work (i.e., there is no strong point to support bitts or Samson posts) is to rig a bridle. This means take some lines (i.e., ropes, use your biggest) and go along each side deck, under the deck and connect the ends at the bow; tie the two bridles together at the bow with another line with a shackle (or loop) in the middle to which you attach the actual tow line. The third thing, a reservation at a marina. I'd suggest Tinsley Island. It's way up in the delta away from prying eyes and it has good facilities.

Good luck.

Two claimed depth was two feet at 0 tide I corrected him at .7 its only 8 inches
that was the conversation I had with him. I verify we are chatting with the real HR or Viking
Wow. Shit just got real boys... This is F'n AWESOME!!!!! HR'FH welcome to SA, pleasure and a privilege to have you.

We talk a buncha shit, there's a few real dickheads, and a few good guys willing to help (wish I was closer), but just roll with it man. Be safe out there brother, good luck with the FH.

Go the Rod!

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey

Don't do it Mr. Guy, it's a trap!!! Pick a neutral site if you must, maybe a Walmart or a tire store. There's a reason we haven't seen any pics from inside the hulls since launch, think "food supply"... :eek:
Deliverance meets Soylent Green? Now that would make a movie!

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
HR,

This is really your only option - other than remaining stuck in the mud off the San Rafael Canal:

Since your boat cannot survive on the bay (or any other body of water with even modest wave action) your only choice is the Sacramento Delta. To get there you will need three things: a way to tow the boat, some way to connect to the towboat, and a reservation at a marina. You'll have to work on the towboat but the only way I see to tow the Flyin' Hawai'ian without serious structural work (i.e., there is no strong point to support bitts or Samson posts) is to rig a bridle. This means take some lines (i.e., ropes, use your biggest) and go along each side deck, under the deck and connect the ends at the bow; tie the two bridles together at the bow with another line with a shackle (or loop) in the middle to which you attach the actual tow line. The third thing, a reservation at a marina. I'd suggest Tinsley Island. It's way up in the delta away from prying eyes and it has good facilities.

Good luck.
Yeah, but WHERE do you ATTACH the bridle? There are no points that won't tear out when loaded. The Front Fell Off?

Wcyr07

Ah, Mr. iSail, that will be my new area of expertise. Guy's research shows that in the Country of Hawaii, permits and licenses can be had for meager amounts of beads and bobbles. C'est une nation d'idiots, yes?
I seriously doubt that his structure will pass any legitimate classification society

Gerarddm

HR is learning the truth of the famous David Crosby observation that you can't bullshit the sea.

Reading HR's posts brings to mind HP Lovecraft's The Mountains of Madness.

Death Roll

Super Anarchist
HR is learning the truth of the famous David Crosby observation that you can't bullshit the sea.

Reading HR's posts brings to mind HP Lovecraft's The Mountains of Madness.
Speaking of David Crosby, lyrics from Wooden Ships:

"Horror grips us as we watch you die"

ryley

Super Anarchist
Boston, MA
HR,

I just discovered your story this week over at the CF forum. The amount of effort you and yours have put into your boat is commendable and I whis you success going forward.

I have a question about visibility. From the looks of the port and starboard wheels you can not see 360deg around the boat from their location. Do you plan to run the boat with a multi person watch and sound powered phones(you can get these surplus from the Navy). Any thought to adding a cupola with steering gear atop the house for better visiblilty?

All things considered I worry about you loosing sight of Bouys and channel markers and holing the boat.

Fair winds and following seas,

Gary
Seriously? Visibility is what you worry about on that thing?