65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

MaxHeadroom

Super Anarchist
It would be, as they say, a trifle, for someone of Guy's ability.
Best of luck...

"vessels are required to produce a satisfactory inspection report issued by a marine surveyor on the Department of Transportation's list of approved marine surveyors. Inspection is validated through DLNR/DOBOR. Vessels certified by the U.S. Coast Guard to carry more than six passengers for hire are subject to additional inspection requirements by the U.S. Coast Guard."

From hawaii.gov
To better understand Mr. Guy's significance to the sailing community you may wish to research the mighty vessel Murrelet and the elusive 4th mode. Here is a link to the demented writings of HWSNBN. http://www.eskimo.com/~mighetto/p09.htm#Sick%20Marketing a famous SA thread centered on this vessel can be found via the search function.

the history of this vessel and the legendary souls involved in the story go back to a time when this was a site for racing sailors and not a hangout for socially inept cruising dorks. so sad to see how the place has changed. The saga of Murrelet is just a small part of the history of this once great website. now it is just another generic corner of the web. such is life.
To say nothing of Weid & the cheese barge, the A Scow threads and other shitstorms....

What do expect of nOOb's that have no clue or understanding of the history of this heaping cesspool of interweb trivia and obscure nautical references - They have no idea of Lesbian Robot, Shife or others that bailed out or were kicked out when this thing jumped the shark a few years ago. The fact that Mr. Guy is back and passing on his fountain of wit, wisdom and experience is lost on the masses.

If you are reading this train wreck of a thread and have been here less than 3 years, it may benefit you to look up some of the postings of the above referenced characters and get back to us after you get a clue.

We'll wait for ya....

"vessels are required to produce a satisfactory inspection report issued by a marine surveyor on the Department of Transportation's list of approved marine surveyors. Inspection is validated through DLNR/DOBOR. Vessels certified by the U.S. Coast Guard to carry more than six passengers for hire are subject to additional inspection requirements by the U.S. Coast Guard."

Best of luck...

From hawaii.gov
Rules and regulations are for the follower type persons. Is the Flyin Hawaiian not registered in the Country of Lanai? This was done without your .gov website. Guy believes you should not believe everything you read on the interwebs, no?

savoir

Super Anarchist
HR,

This is really your only option - other than remaining stuck in the mud off the San Rafael Canal:

Since your boat cannot survive on the bay (or any other body of water with even modest wave action) your only choice is the Sacramento Delta. To get there you will need three things: a way to tow the boat, some way to connect to the towboat, and a reservation at a marina. You'll have to work on the towboat but the only way I see to tow the Flyin' Hawai'ian without serious structural work (i.e., there is no strong point to support bitts or Samson posts) is to rig a bridle. This means take some lines (i.e., ropes, use your biggest) and go along each side deck, under the deck and connect the ends at the bow; tie the two bridles together at the bow with another line with a shackle (or loop) in the middle to which you attach the actual tow line. The third thing, a reservation at a marina. I'd suggest Tinsley Island. It's way up in the delta away from prying eyes and it has good facilities.

Good luck.
Good suggestion. FH would make a pretty decent houseboat . . . . maybe a little better ventilation. It must be soooo hot inside those hulls.
M le Douche could still play a big part in helping HR pay the bills by selling tickets for guided tours of the FH (SA member discounts of course), motorbike rides for the kids, grammys secret grits recipe, t shirts, meet a real live viking etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxHeadroom

Super Anarchist
since there was no retraction made, I have just reported the threat made by HR. I was asked to send the actual post and SA's url to this thread, which I have done. If I hear anything further I shall let you all know. The San Rafael police boat may be giving him a visit soon.

meuritt

WTF? Your kidding I hope!!
Yep - He has a grand total of 29 posts and no idea of the history of this place - That said, it will get interesting from this point forward....

FFS!!!

now why would I kid about reporting a crazy guy making threats to people onshore and off, who may be armed. He's identified me and Spoffo, he is anchored next to a public access walkway along the bay, Shore Line Park, that many people use every day. You want some innocent hurt because they want to take pictures of FH?

ramwel2010

Anarchist
since there was no retraction made, I have just reported the threat made by HR. I was asked to send the actual post and SA's url to this thread, which I have done. If I hear anything further I shall let you all know. The San Rafael police boat may be giving him a visit soon.

meuritt

this is why we can't have nice things. some dork forgets its the interweb and takes it too far. notifyiong the police was stupid.

shadowraiths

meuritt
Oh please. HR'FH already stated that he was told by his local pd that if he could catch you, they'd arrest you. I highly doubt they actually believe he can catch you, just as I highly doubt they're taking your hand-wringing, perl-clutching, salt-smelling self-induced faux fear report seriously. Otherwise put, LE considers inet squabbles to not only be tedious but for the most part, a complete waste of time.

CyberBOB

Anarchist
now why would I kid about reporting a crazy guy making threats to people onshore and off, who may be armed. He's identified me and Spoffo, he is anchored next to a public access walkway along the bay, Shore Line Park, that many people use every day. You want some innocent hurt because they want to take pictures of FH?
A lot of curious people are going to take a look at this "boat". I don't think anyone here wants HR to mistake an innoccent bystander for an anarchist.

nos4r2

UK

meuritt

Yep - He has a grand total of 29 posts and no idea of the history of this place - That said, it will get interesting from this point forward....

FFS!!!
Ok, so I don't have any idea of the history of this place either.However, neither does Rod and he's obviously new to forums as well. It'd be a bit dumb not to take him seriously.

kippermoose

UK
HR,

This is really your only option - other than remaining stuck in the mud off the San Rafael Canal:

Since your boat cannot survive on the bay (or any other body of water with even modest wave action) your only choice is the Sacramento Delta. To get there you will need three things: a way to tow the boat, some way to connect to the towboat, and a reservation at a marina. You'll have to work on the towboat but the only way I see to tow the Flyin' Hawai'ian without serious structural work (i.e., there is no strong point to support bitts or Samson posts) is to rig a bridle. This means take some lines (i.e., ropes, use your biggest) and go along each side deck, under the deck and connect the ends at the bow; tie the two bridles together at the bow with another line with a shackle (or loop) in the middle to which you attach the actual tow line. The third thing, a reservation at a marina. I'd suggest Tinsley Island. It's way up in the delta away from prying eyes and it has good facilities.

Good luck.
USCG tried that fella, windlass went "ping!"

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
This just got so much more interesting than preschool!!

Go the Guy, remember to wear cologne. Or just wear an air freshener as a necklace!

BTW, remark on the lovely "morfodite" (aka Brigantine) rig :ph34r:

Boston1

Super Anarchist
BF colorado

meuritt
I think you probably did the right thing, I'd a stalker for a while on the net and it was really creepy, people are nuts and you just don't know which ones are nuts enough to start shooting and which ones are just idiots.

Rods obviously not thinking straight and is under a lot of stress. He could snap at any moment now that the realities of his situation are beginning to sink in ( pun intended )

On the other hand, he may not be able to delete his posts containing the threats from his phone.

My two cents is don't push it, whats legal and what isn't doesn't mater much to people with nothing to loose. Might even give him the psychological out he's likely desperate for to find someone to blame it all on.

There's some really wacky group psychology going on with that clan and I'm kinda looking forward to having my neighbor ( jet setting shrink ) to get back soon so she can read some of this stuff Rods posted and see if she can add any insights to the tale.

The level of denial is just baffling, particularly when you consider he's risking his family in this little ill fated adventure of his.

Rod if your still listening, rig the lines suggested and tow that thing up the delta to somewhere shallow, before anyone gets hurt.

A lot of curious people are going to take a look at this "boat". I don't think anyone here wants HR to mistake an innoccent bystander for an anarchist.

I would defer to spoffo and meuiritt on calling the cops because The Rod knows what they look like.

meuritt
What a fucking hero!! As if this guy hasn't got enough problems - All the brave SA-ers poke him and prod him til he says he's going to kick someones ass - and this loser calls the cops. Unreal!

Latest posts