65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

I'v got an idea that might work

should they get the bateliner running

Just drive it under the FH then use Shrink Wrap around and around and around the hulls and tunnel

till it's like 1" thick everywhere

then nose the baitliner against the end facing the direction desired and give it zum gaz

for many reasons it will be the best choice

+ the added Bennie of CO

Last edited by a moderator:
sklompar said:
I think you're missing that I'm pro-HR, here. If he's being sock puppeted, he's being made to look like an asshole, which would be the biggest shit-heaping of all.
I never thought that you were anti-HR. Just don't understand your insistence that we're dealing with a sock puppet when about as much evidence as can be presented in a forum like this suggests otherwise.

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
sklompar said:
Seriously, though, how hard is it to take a just one picture and post it...?
He did. When I asked The Viking to post a pic of himself on Saturday, he did so. Obviously taken inside the boat, obviously taken at night and the picture data was confirmed by a third party. In addition, he posted a pic of the boat underway, a pic no one who wasn't aboard could have taken. Considering all the shit that's been heaped upon the Hot Rod clan on this forum, why in hell would any of them feel obliged to go any further out of their way prove themselves to anybody here, much less you?

Is it possible those pix were lifted from a facebook page by a sock puppet? Sure. Show us the facebook page and I'll buy in to your theory. But I've looked for it and I can't find it. "The Viking" is actually Michael Johnson and "Hot Rod" is James Lane. Knock yourself out.
++1

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
sklompar said:
As I've said, I would LOVE to see that it's really HR posting. Being proved wrong would be fantastic. But it smells more like someone having a huge laugh at everyone's expense. I think most of the people posting in here are genuinely concerned about the welfare of the FH and her crew--abusing all that goodwill is sort of weak (in an epic, massive practical joke sort of way).

Seriously, though, how hard is it to take a just one picture and post it, or forward it to someone to post as supposedly happened before? If HR is the really the deluded narcissist he's portrayed to be, don't you think he'd be uploading a thousand boastful photos of his multihull masterpiece?
Assuming it's a puppet, it's more for all of our amusement than everyone's expense. It's showing our naiveté loud and clear, our base judgements of other folks, and our willingness to be manipulated! It's priceless, to be honest.

If HR is actually reading this, and pissed off at being represented this way, he is fully welcome to join and get the word out. Or, he can continue to take the high road and just monitor us online imbeciles.

If this is him, then he can either leave us in the dark, or take action that proves it is verifiably him. Post, "look for the pirate flag tomorrow at dawn," and take a picture of himself giving us the finger from the deck. We'd be convinced. He could also do this if he "approves of the message" and is enjoying the show remotely, while not actually doing the posting.

This is the anarchy we dig... hit count and post#'s prove it! No victims in sight, unless the cops get involved needlessly. Let's back off from Mr Rod and leave him be. He obviously wants none of our involvement. Lets just watch things unfold without meddling.

On with the show!

George Dewey

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
sklompar said:
I think you're missing that I'm pro-HR, here. If he's being sock puppeted, he's being made to look like an asshole, which would be the biggest shit-heaping of all.
I never thought that you were anti-HR. Just don't understand your insistence that we're dealing with a sock puppet when about as much evidence as can be presented in a forum like this suggests otherwise.
There were three of us active, not counting HR, when he came on. It was about 2:00AM here in the east, and he was asked to post a selfie. After some time, he finally asked what a selfie is, that was answered and he finally sent it. The Exif data matched, the pic matched what he looked like two years ago, the epoxied beams were in the background.

The Spoffo came by the next day and confirmed details Viking had reported about a conversation they had.

Really, this may not be beyond any reasonable doubt, but its pretty darn convincing. What more do you want, DNA?

Hobie Dog

Super Anarchist
Chesapeake Bay
Hey its Friday - we need an update here - or at least got to keep the crowd's attention.

berrydog_flower_print_tonga_tie_bikini_2_119411.jpg
I have not looked at this thread since Friday and it took me 2 hours just to read through all the BS! Thanks for providing some valuable content! WOW!!!

Spoffo, Thanks for the continued outstanding coverage of the FH! Thanks goes out to that other cat that got some really good shots of the Big Cat! I forget their name… But nice work!

Hot Rod, Best of luck with your boat! But do realize that in building a boat as unique as the FH you are going to draw attention to yourself so just accept that. If you wanted to go unnoticed then you should have just bought a used fiberglass ex charter boat or built something WAY smaller. Oh and please don’t blame SA for having to launch before you wanted or having to leave the marina or ending up in the mud, that’s just making excuses for decisions that YOU made! Again I hope you are enjoying your new boat and safe travels in your journey!

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
sklompar said:
sklompar said:
sklompar said:
In any event, I'd love to be proved wrong about the sock puppetry. To see a verifiable, recent photo from aboard the FH posted by one of its crew would be thrilling.
How do you explain the selfie of the Viking that was obviously shot inside the boat (and posted here) Saturday night?
Dunno, could it possibly have been lifted from the Viking's real live Facebook page where he interracts with real live people, and maybe does things like...post pictures of himself aboard his new home? The exif data lining up with that night's date doesn't mean shit either--the fact that the exif was pointed out right away made it immediately suspect in my mind.

I'm eager to read Spoffo's morning report. And someone should email/talk to that reporter.
Or, instead, you could eagerly await the results of Donald Trump's latest search for Obama's birth certificate. Tin hat time.
As I've said, I would LOVE to see that it's really HR posting. Being proved wrong would be fantastic. But it smells more like someone having a huge laugh at everyone's expense. I think most of the people posting in here are genuinely concerned about the welfare of the FH and her crew--abusing all that goodwill is sort of weak (in an epic, massive practical joke sort of way).

Seriously, though, how hard is it to take a just one picture and post it, or forward it to someone to post as supposedly happened before? If HR is the really the deluded narcissist he's portrayed to be, don't you think he'd be uploading a thousand boastful photos of his multihull masterpiece?
Another explanation is that HR is NOT a deluded narcissist as he is being MADE OUT TO BE. And everyone posting nonsense about Honey Boo Boo et al is not really being fair.

I have my doubts about the viability of the voyage. I have no doubts about HR'FH being HR.

Man, since the dawn of time has attempted to voyage in different 'craft', some better then others.

As others have posted.... at least he is doing something...

sklompar said:
What more do you want,
FREE The Prisoner's Down Below !!!!!!!!!!

We'll trade for Naut!girl (She like to play Hide Down Below) ;)

durundal

Seattle
"Dunno, could it possibly have been lifted from the Viking's real live Facebook page where he interracts with real live people, and maybe does things like...post pictures of himself aboard his new home? The exif data lining up with that night's date doesn't mean shit either--the fact that the exif was pointed out right away made it immediately suspect in my mind."

MAN IN BLACK: All right: where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right and who is dead. VIZZINI: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy's? [pauses to study the MAN IN BLACK] Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I'm not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
MAN IN BLACK: You've made your decision then?
VIZZINI: Not remotely. Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
MAN IN BLACK: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
VIZZINI: Wait till I get going! Where was I?
MAN IN BLACK: Australia.
VIZZINI: Yes -- Australia, and you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
MAN IN BLACK: [beginning nervousness] You're just stalling now.
VIZZINI: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong. So, you could have put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard which means you must have studied. And in studying, you must have learned that man is mortal so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Caca Cabeza

Super Anarchist
Hey Viking - if it's you. Really, you need to tow your boat up to the Delta. As they say in House Stark "Winter is coming" and you don't want to be anywhere with an unobstructed line of sight to the south. there are countless protected spots not from from Stockton where you could anchor out and no one would bother you as you finish up.

If you catch a flood tide, say you can make 3 knots through the water, you'd do 4-5 over the ground. Start in the evening and ride the flood for 6 hours, anchor, rinse and repeat. If you make slow time you'd likely need 4 cycles to get well up there, if you can go faster maybe only 3. There are plenty of good anchorages on the way.

I'd really shoot for night sailing until you make the turn at Pittsburgh. If you find yourself in late morning looking at the river, tuck off to the side and anchor up. Let the breeze get by. You're in luck as it's late summer and the afternoon breezes should start to fall off soon. You might catch a couple day window in the weather, if you do, get a move on!

Once your rudders are good to go, and the sail plan is working, you can come back out and head for Hawaii.

Cheers
A good landing spot would be Owl Harbor Marina, right across from Frank's Tract. I did a regatta there a couple of summers ago and did a write up on the place. I think the thread was "racing in the Bayou". Something like that.

In short, they are still stuck on 1951 and it is the land of uncle dad.

Timo42

Super Anarchist
"Dunno, could it possibly have been lifted from the Viking's real live Facebook page where he interracts with real live people, and maybe does things like...post pictures of himself aboard his new home? The exif data lining up with that night's date doesn't mean shit either--the fact that the exif was pointed out right away made it immediately suspect in my mind."

MAN IN BLACK: All right: where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right and who is dead.

VIZZINI: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy's? [pauses to study the MAN IN BLACK] Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I'm not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

MAN IN BLACK: You've made your decision then?

VIZZINI: Not remotely. Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

MAN IN BLACK: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

VIZZINI: Wait till I get going! Where was I?

MAN IN BLACK: Australia.

VIZZINI: Yes -- Australia, and you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

MAN IN BLACK: [beginning nervousness] You're just stalling now.

VIZZINI: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong. So, you could have put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard which means you must have studied. And in studying, you must have learned that man is mortal so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

You keep using that word...

Spoffo

HEADLINE! The Deal Goes Down!!

As I write this (1:50 PM our time,) HR is on his way to our local lockup in the back of one of our San Rafael PD cruisers. For real. No shit.

To start at the beginning: around 11:30 I stopped by for my daily observation. Same as the past few days. FH quietly at anchor, FH jr. tied up alongside, probably just on the verge of floating as the tide came in. Nothing to report, so I go for a longish walk. About 12:15, I come back past the boat. Nothing seems to have changed. But then I notice that the Bayliner isn't there. (And we thought it wasn't running.)

No sign of it on the nearby water, so I drive over to the marina to see if it's turned up there. Surprisingly, FH Jr. is not tied up at the fuel/bait dock. As I start to scout the marina to see if he's tied somewhere else, I see the flashing lights of two police cars down near the D/E gate. Then two more cop cars arrive with lights flashing. It takes a few minutes to piece together the picture, but here's what I saw:

Two cops were politely questioning a nicely-dressed guy on the bench in front of the marina office. It looked like he had a small amount of blood on his face from a scratch or cut. About 100 yards away, by the D/E gate, 3 or 4 cops were confronting HR with that wary "Sir, I need you to calm down" look. A couple of times, I heard Rod's voice rise in that seriously pissed off yelling mode I've heard before. Not a wise way to interact with the law.

Of course, I didn't have my camera. (And if I had, I'm not sure I would have pulled it out for fear of setting off Rod, the cops or both.

I drove up to the house, and, luckily, I could see the spot where HR and the cops were from the front terrace. When I got the scope on them, things had turned from bad to worse. Rod was now seated on the wall with his hands CUFFED behind him and three large, serious cops were watching over him. About 10 minutes later, they stood him up, very carefully eased him into the back seat of one of their cars (just like you see on TV) and drove off.

I tried to get some pictures of this with my digiscoping setup. If I have anything good, I'll post it in a few minutes, but don't get your hopes up.

It seems clear that HR and the guy by the office had had some kind of run-in. Beyond that I know nothing. Hopefully, someone here who is more plugged-in to the LL Marina scene knows or can find out what the story is. The only thing clear is that this whole long tale is becoming very sad.

PS: Unsolved questions that I'll try to sort out later today: 1) was Michael in the marina or back on FH? (I didn't see him at any point in the above.) 2) where is the Bayliner? I'll walk the marina carefully and see if I can find it. 3.) Where is the dinghy? I didn't check real carefully, but it appeared to not be with FH when I discovered the Bayliner missing.

More later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts