65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

I wonder the dangers of the thread being Closed/Locked as being too Big

As the story turns to GAWD & "The MAN" -V- HR & Co.

HR got by w a (limited) knowledge of woodworking till it splashed

once in the water the Game Goes UP Quickly on many levels

One MUST B BIGGER than Your Boat = (why I have a 12' YACHT)

a boat being a hole in the ocean that you throw money into is "True"

HR built a Really BIG Hole that shall require Really BIG Koin to fill

HR had delusions of building a WALLY / GUNBOAT = $300,000 a year to maintain

What he build was an instant derelict floater not worth investing in

You could still build or buy a better boat that size quicker and cheaper than "Whatever" it would take to fix the FH

If it was even possible

HR if you read this I feel for ya man

You put ALot into getting where you are today

It's going to take ALot more to get you out of where you got yourself into

The Further you get this dream the Worse it will Get/End

think if this all crashed back on land to where you (the FH) are today

should you ever move the FH into Harms Way (Mid Bay) You shall Long for the daz back in the Mud

At sum point a Man needs to accept that he's taken the Wrong Path and Cut his Losses

But You Can't convince anyone of that - They (you) need to realize it on their (your) own

EVOO

Does anyone else find it odd that every one of the posters who claim to be either HR or a family member are illiterate? I mean, every single one? I'm not buying it.

Unless the whole family has some genetic retardation thing going on, but then I find it hard to believe that Marin County Social Services hasn't stepped in to stop the insanity.

Dirc

Hey Michael, thx for the update, any word yet on when your old man is getting out?

Did they say that they would lay charges for assault?

Oh yeah, if not West epoxy, then which one? (I won't say West is 'sh*t', it is expensive, and used almost universally at least from the 80's onward.) But I know there are other decent epoxy systems out there, which did you go with?

Wcyr07

Hey Michael, thx for the update, any word yet on when your old man is getting out?

Did they say that they would lay charges for assault?

Oh yeah, if not West epoxy, then which one? (I won't say West is 'sh*t', it is expensive, and used almost universally at least from the 80's onward.) But I know there are other decent epoxy systems out there, which did you go with?
They bought epoxy from a company called aero marine

Here is the website, definitely a lot cheaper than west.

Does anyone else find it odd that every one of the posters who claim to be either HR or a family member are illiterate? I mean, every single one? I'm not buying it.

Unless the whole family has some genetic retardation thing going on, but then I find it hard to believe that Marin County Social Services hasn't stepped in to stop the insanity.
Obviously you've never been to San Bernardino or Apache Junction.

Sand crab

Montana
(used for boarding up windows)
Holy crap!! He hasn't used what we know as OSB, has he Nos?!

http://www.diy.com/nav/build/timber/sheet-materials/osb

*edit* - actually I'm thinking its probably more this stuff - http://www.diy.com/nav/build/timber/sheet-materials/plywood/Temperate-Softwood-Ply-Structural-L-2440-x-W-1220-x-T-18mm-9276280

btw - for you yanks, B&Q is the UK equivalent to your Home Depot!
Yep, that looks like euro CDX. The 2nd link.

Boston1

Super Anarchist
BF colorado
At first I thought the same thing, but then it dawned on me they're not illiterate, just drunk out of there minds. My take is there's a lot of xxx moonshine being passed around right about now. Which, I suspect, is why we keep getting posts that are somewhat less than intelligible

redviking

Anarchist
Look at all the newbies here waiting to see something bad happen to someone.
It's like watching Shark Week.
Sad...
Plus a million... Real sailors are quite a bit more sympathetic and helpful and do not sit around rubbing their hands with glee at the misfortunes of their brethren. Now, about Thor Heyerdahl and his balsa craft that went 4300 miles long before West Systems. Was he on crack too?