65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

At first I thought the same thing, but then it dawned on me they're not illiterate, just drunk out of there minds. My take is there's a lot of xxx moonshine being passed around right about now. Which, I suspect, is why we keep getting posts that are somewhat less than intelligible
They are posting messages from their phones, give the Viking some slack on spelling and grammar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Look at all the newbies here waiting to see something bad happen to someone.
It's like watching Shark Week.
Sad...
Plus a million... Real sailors are quite a bit more sympathetic and helpful and do not sit around rubbing their hands with glee at the misfortunes of their brethren. Now, about Thor Heyerdahl and his balsa craft that went 4300 miles long before West Systems. Was he on crack too?
Thor and his crew were lucky to live and the theory he was trying to prove was later disproven with DNA.

Monkey

Super Anarchist
Jeezus- just spent 15 minutes deleting last weeked's post notifications from this thread off my iPhone.
You're just grumpy because instead of hiring you, Hot Rod chose an abrasive mud bath therapy to clean the bottoms on the FH. :D

EVOO

At first I thought the same thing, but then it dawned on me they're not illiterate, just drunk out of there minds. My take is there's a lot of xxx moonshine being passed around right about now. Which, I suspect, is why we keep getting posts that are somewhat less than intelligible
They are posting messages from their phones, give the Viking some slack on spelling and grammar.
When I post from my phone it looks like this: n we used aero, u have wrong info, boat fine. These folks are illiterate, they can't even spell basic words like "does" or "winch" or even "too". It's not a phone-typing thing.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Well that, plus they are using phones to type with.

Communicating in an unfamiliar medium.

Give 'em a little bit of a break here.

... ... ...

should you ever move the FH into Harms Way (Mid Bay) You shall Long for the daz back in the Mud

At sum point a Man needs to accept that he's taken the Wrong Path and Cut his Losses

But You Can't convince anyone of that - They (you) need to realize it on their (your) own
DW nailed it. Almost anybody with a lick of sense would realize: we're stuck in the mud, the boat is almost impossible to move and control, things are breaking faster than even HR's mighty endeavors can fix them, we're paddling around with a shovel, hassled by cops & spent the night in jail, no way to return to the good ol' marina... we need help.

But judging by similar characters it has been my unfortunate lot to associate with (briefly) in the past, HR and his clan have a pulsing lump of FUCK YOU where their brain should be. Is it nature or nurture?

FB- Doug

Dirc

1700 square pounds of shear per square in
It's weird, the cheapest epoxy they list shows 2500 psi for shear -> http://www.aeromarineproducts.com/pages/pdf/30021-tds.pdf

Maybe you didn't use the 300/21 ? (but that is the lowest priced from what I can tell)

(oh, and about general IQ thing... seriously consider the environment (in so many american cities)...

fluoride in the tap water (given to the world by the same crazy 'super doctor' who also injected plutonium into people in the 40's) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Hodge

aspartame in EVERY sugarfree/weight conscious piece of food & drink & gum (watch documentary 'sweet misery')

wheat (sadly the whole world uses it now) -> genetically royally screwed up with raw radiation & super horrible toxic chemicals to force mutations before they understood what genetically modified event meant

plastics (only now realizing how messed up bisphenol A is, but even the 'safe' ones are not safe when used for water/food in cold / hot environments, read up on it)

I'm frankly amazed things are holding up as well as they seem sometimes :p

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
So, who's looking after the girls on the boat? Do they know how to row the tender ashore? tend the anchoring system? Look after the boat if the weather turns nasty?

I assume the there are folk on the boat who has less of an idea how to handle a boat than Hotrod,

Who's looking after the mess now?
First day off in two weeks, and lots to do; so I can't read the last 3 pages here, can someone give me the cliff notes?? HR is in jail after getting into it with LL Marina manager, I got that. Is his son also in jail? If so, FD raises a good question; who is looking after HR's Mom and sister, or whoever she is? I'll wait a couple minutes for update, then have to go change a faucet and some other slumlord repairs... Thanks!
HR's son is NOT in jail. HR was picked up on outstanding warrants for missing a fix it ticket for a license plate light not working, and failure to appear on driving with a suspended license.. NOTHING MAJORLY CRIMINAL ABOUT IT. happens to lots of busy people.

THERE WAS NO FINGER BITTEN OFF. There was an altercation, but no charges were on booking info. Confirmed via call to marina (by myself).

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
I hope that HR can get back to the boat soon, get the runabout running, and tow her up to the delta. Viking - I know a couple spots on the SE side of Franks Tract that might work well, but it would be a significant haul to get to civilization for supplies and pump outs.

Poor HR, his boat is the least of his problems. In California, if you are crazy and commit an act of violence or threaten someone, you are in serious trouble. If you are mentally unstable and commit such acts, even minor infractions like resisting arrest, you don't just get out on bail or OR. You might require a psychological evaluation. If you don't "pass" you can find yourself doing time, followed by an indeterminate stay the State Hospital (Napa, Patton, Atascdero) until you are better. Any signs of delusions will keep you locked up.

If HR admits to writing posts about shootings, capturing people, and going "army reg" then he can be charged with "Terrorist Threats" which under Penal Code 422 can be a misdemeanor or felony. If you tell your neighbor "someday I'm gonna mess you up", that's all it takes. You would not believe how many people get a 422 charge here in California. If you can't afford a good lawyer you are in a heap of trouble.

kippermoose

UK
"Now, about Thor Heyerdahl and his balsa craft that went 4300 miles long before West Systems. Was he on crack too?"

No! Heyerdahl made a scholarly and scientific investigation into historical records and produced a credible design based on that research.

What in HotRod's design is credible, scholarly, scientific or historically proven?

Zip. Nada. Fughall. That's how much. Not one jot.

There is no comparison whatsoever.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
So, who's looking after the girls on the boat? Do they know how to row the tender ashore? tend the anchoring system? Look after the boat if the weather turns nasty?

I assume the there are folk on the boat who has less of an idea how to handle a boat than Hotrod,

First day off in two weeks, and lots to do; so I can't read the last 3 pages here, can someone give me the cliff notes?? HR is in jail after getting into it with LL Marina manager, I got that. Is his son also in jail? If so, FD raises a good question; who is looking after HR's Mom and sister, or whoever she is? I'll wait a couple minutes for update, then have to go change a faucet and some other slumlord repairs... Thanks!
HR's son is NOT in jail. HR was picked up on outstanding warrants for missing a fix it ticket for a license plate light not working, and failure to appear on driving with a suspended license.. NOTHING MAJORLY CRIMINAL ABOUT IT. happens to lots of busy people.

THERE WAS NO FINGER BITTEN OFF. There was an altercation, but no charges were on booking info. Confirmed via call to marina (by myself).
Thanks, H20 Man!! Only time I can stay plugged in here is overtime, on 2nd shift, or weekends, in and empty tool crib, with no customers.

HR's son is NOT in jail. HR was picked up on outstanding warrants for missing a fix it ticket for a license plate light not working, and failure to appear on driving with a suspended license.. NOTHING MAJORLY CRIMINAL ABOUT IT. happens to lots of busy people.THERE WAS NO FINGER BITTEN OFF. There was an altercation, but no charges were on booking info. Confirmed via call to marina (by myself).
Thanks, H20 Man!! Only time I can stay plugged in here is overtime, on 2nd shift, or weekends, in and empty tool crib, with no customers.
It seems as if the arrest was initiated over something a little more serious than a fix it ticket. Hot Rod was involved in a fight/disturbance at the Loch Lomond harbormaster's office that got the cops called in.