65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

ScowVegas

Reporters
Chicago
"Meanwhile, Lane said he's busy preparing the boat for water and would welcome any spare parts residents want to donate"

Again with the donation thing?
Well I have an old washer and dryer (gas) that I can donate as well as an old gas stove ~ Hmmmm let's see I also have a few old windows that he can have...

Sometimes the only appropriate response I can come up w/ is just ....

slowly shaking my head w/ my lower jaw hanging open, a look of puzzlement on my face.

This is one of those times. Sheesh.

trenace

Super Anarchist
Ocala, FL
did it say anywhere that he intends to sail it ??
Yes: "Come late October, Lane plans to move aboard the Flying Hawaiian with his mother, Johnson, several other people and one pet Chihuahua and travel to Mexico, Hawaii, the Samoan islands and New Zealand."

Yes: "Come late October, Lane plans to move aboard the Flying Hawaiian with his mother, Johnson, several other people and one pet Chihuahua and travel to Mexico, Hawaii, the Samoan islands and New Zealand."
you answered "yes" but provided nothing to show they intend to "Sail"

with a proper anchor they can hold fast till the tide flushes out of the bay

with any luck make it out far enough to drift to all the places they want to go

perhaps an outboard w 1 tank of gas would get them to the currents & a sea-anchor could take over from there

I could find nothing about sails or rigging - did you ??

Last edited by a moderator:

trenace

Super Anarchist
Ocala, FL
you answered "yes" but provided nothing to show they intend to "Sail"

with a proper anchor they can hold fast till the tide flushes out of the bay

with any luck make it out far enough to drift to all the places they want to go

perhaps an outboard w 1 tank of gas would get them to the currents & a sea-anchor could take over from there

I could find nothing about sails or rigging - did you ??
I did not.

Some use the verb "to sail" even where sails are not involved.

There is no mention of an engine, other than a small generator.

It may well be that he intends to float with the current, conveniently carrying him where he wishes to go, the soft waves of New Zealand gently lapping against his hulls, making fine music.

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
I am particularly enamored with the dead flat bottom ("What do you mean it'll 'pound'?") and those cool squared-off planing steps in the topsides.
thumbsup.gif

hobot

Super Anarchist
"Meanwhile, Lane said he's busy preparing the boat for water and would welcome any spare parts residents want to donate"

Well I have an old washer and dryer (gas) that I can donate as well as an old gas stove ~ Hmmmm let's see I also have a few old windows that he can have...

Maybe we should keep the donations Nautical.

I have an old Loran C recieving unit that just maybe I can part with....

trenace

Super Anarchist
Ocala, FL

Why wouldn't he be able to use the windows? I'll bet he's planning on LOTS of big windows.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist

HA ha the sad part is he would take it and install it and probably use it.

Hobie Dog

Super Anarchist
Chesapeake Bay
Seriously what could possibly go wrong, this guy has it all covered, I mean he has three "bathrooms" on the boat! :lol:

Somebody needs to take some pictures once launched, I am sure it will float for a while...

big chicken

Super Anarchist
I'm on a boat
Hey, wood floats, doesn't it? We see lumber and sheets of plywood floating down the river every Spring. There's no keel or any of that extraneous garbage to make it sink, why wouldn't it float forever?

Oh, wait, I suppose he could have melted down those 700 pounds of screws into ingots to make ballast.

trenace

Super Anarchist
Ocala, FL
It's possible that it may indeed end up on the beaches of Hawaii, Mexico, the Samoan Islands, and New Zealand.

Simultaneously.

ScowVegas

Reporters
Chicago

I'll keep my donations nautical when he makes something nautical to donate towards - you've never seen a washer or dryer in a house?

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
Why mess up the fun? I look forward to hearing from a few local SA types who keep an eye or ear out for the progress. That area is pretty small not much goes on without most of the town knowing about it.