65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

FH is alive and well. You can see it floating from almost anywhere. From Highway 101 at the Richardson Bay Bridge, looking toward San Francisco, it's the big white thing on the far left. These are photos from Sunday Aug 18, on re-con voyage with meuritt (thanks!). Catching this Brown Pelican hunting by the GGB was the highlight, especially compared to the let-down of seeing FH in my backyard, fitting in. I didn't see any tell tale signs that a MC was recently off loaded, so I'm thinking it's down below. I'll speculate that it fell down on the passage from San Rafael, and they wisely brought it below before sustaining additional damage to vessel and bike.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you want to know the position of FH, here is part of our track from Angel Island back to Richardson Bay in Sausalito. The loop represents a complete circumnavigation of the flotilla.

image.jpg

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
FH is alive and well. You can see it floating from almost anywhere. From Highway 101 at the Richardson Bay Bridge, looking toward San Francisco, it's the big white thing on the far left. These are photos from Sunday Aug 18, on re-con voyage with meuritt (thanks!). Catching this Brown Pelican hunting by the GGB was the highlight, especially compared to the let-down of seeing FH in my backyard, fitting in. I didn't see any tell tale signs that a MC was recently off loaded, so I'm thinking it's down below. I'll speculate that it fell down on the passage from San Rafael, and they wisely brought it below before sustaining additional damage to vessel and bike.
The Pelican is a great Pict... ;) Very nice.....

clamslapper

Anarchist
Great pics.

I thought we had established that it was a trike though. What's this about falling over?

h20man said:

The Pelican is a great Pict... ;) Very nice....

Thanks, it was almost sundown and I was getting a couple of shots of the bridge. All of a sudden this peli photo-bombed me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm told that the supposed Mrs. HR has abandoned ship. Also not a Mrs., likely a caretaker for mom or girlfriend of father or son. Finally someone on board demonstrates reasonable sense!

George Dewey

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
FH is alive and well. You can see it floating from almost anywhere. From Highway 101 at the Richardson Bay Bridge, looking toward San Francisco, it's the big white thing on the far left. These are photos from Sunday Aug 18, on re-con voyage with meuritt (thanks!).
You guys catch any flying lead out there?

FH is alive and well. You can see it floating from almost anywhere. From Highway 101 at the Richardson Bay Bridge, looking toward San Francisco, it's the big white thing on the far left. These are photos from Sunday Aug 18, on re-con voyage with meuritt (thanks!).
only flying gray pelicans. The only sign of life on FH was the sound of the genset. If the women folk are starting to abandon the dream, I wonder how Viking is fairing. Maybe time to start a pool about when Raccoon gets its first taste of Hawaiian food. prediction for today's weather was 20k SSW which could have made things rough out there in anchor out land.

George Dewey

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
only flying gray pelicans. The only sign of life on FH was the sound of the genset. If the women folk are starting to abandon the dream, I wonder how Viking is fairing. Maybe time to start a pool about when Raccoon gets its first taste of Hawaiian food. prediction for today's weather was 20k SSW which could have made things rough out there in anchor out land.
Ya have to give Mrs. Rod credit actually, she hung in there quite a while. My wife never would have lived on that thing. She needs her hot showers and hot food, and I don't blame her. My theory is that the HR clan has nowhere on land to live, but its just a guess. Perhaps Mrs. Rod found a friend to take her in.

I have to wonder, will Guy follow her to make sure her (and his) needs are tended to? And if he does, who will tend to those of the Red Viking?

nos4r2

UK
Thanks again guys :)

I drew some parallel lines on one of the pics. FH doesn't look well. Looks like the hulls are beginning to spread apart.

splaying.jpg

I have NO Interest in calling LEO's to escalate the inevitable

But a "Check The Welfare" for wheelchair bound MOM is Not out of line at this point

can't be much of a life stuck out there "In There"

She can't head back for home after 1 day of futility

And they spent her wad

if Uncle Obama is sending her a check each month she needs to GTFO and live a life starting fresh

Larks

I drew some parallel lines on one of the pics. FH doesn't look well. Looks like the hulls are beginning to spread apart.

Doesn't look all that much different to when it was launched - not that it looked particularly healthy then.....:

post-98603-0-05573600-1369727963_thumb.jpeg

bluenosejr

Without knowing more about the photo, it is hard to say if your analysis is accurate of flawed. Lens distortion could account for some of the curvature that can be seen in the photo.

In Oronoco's shot of the bow, either they have a ton of chain or they have zero scope out. You can see the link between line and chain hanging straight off the bow. I know there is zero wind, but one would think you'd ease the chain all the way down and let it do it's job on the bottom. But who am I to judge the doings of these free spirits living the dream, eh?

TQA

Super Anarchist
Caribbean
Semi serious question.

It is the end of the world, you have to get to Hawaii, There are only two boats left.

One is the Flying Hawaiian.

The other is an Americas Cup boat You can choose which one. I am too bored to look at that shit to choose, life is too short.

Having made your choice what strategy would you employ to improve your chances of getting there. Loading aboard a freighter is not an option, ya gotta sail the sucker there.

Latest posts