65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

vang said:
he's * fucked up in a really big way.* So get off HR's case and give him some Cell space. You can get your vicarious pleasure when something actually happens a month from now or a year, or years from now. Unless he gets Life in Prison then you're Fucked

I'll post some tits later, now most of you can go fuck off and quit stalking folks whose only "crime" is actually doing something Criminal & Violent & Jumping Bail an Shit
fixed

Thank You for the kind words of encouragement ;)

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Thanks again guys :)

I drew some parallel lines on one of the pics. FH doesn't look well. Looks like the hulls are beginning to spread apart.
Come on! Don't you know that it is mandatory to use YELLOW lines for such analysis? Go read the AC Cup thread!

vang said:
In 6000 mostly bullshit posts you girly boys fail to realize that the only unusual stuff HR has done boils down to a matter of scale. He's built something really big and he's probably fucked up in a really big way. But guys build stuff every day, and they often fuck up, whether it's a redneck building a shitty clap trap out building, or a yuppie fucking up the wiring in a basement rec room remodel. So get off HR's case and give him some space. You can get your vicarious pleasure when something actually happens a month from now or a year, or years from now.

Don't forget that there are other builders out in the sticks that are often successful with substantial similar projects, just noticed one today:

http://www.thereflector.com/senior_lifestyle/article_dbe7ecfe-09d5-11e3-b22b-001a4bcf887a.html

I'll post some tits later, now most of you can go fuck off and quit stalking folks whose only "crime" is actually doing something.

Welcome to the forum, vang. New, fresh perspectives are always appreciated.

I'm sure you'll get a more "formal" introduction from other SA members.

Bugsy

Super Anarchist
Canada
I took the 3rd picture provided by Oronoco above, and imported it into AutoCad.

I used the horizon as a reference, and measured a few angles.

Within about two degrees (probably the limit of the accuracy of what I am doing, and the build quality - no one said the parking lot where it was built was level), FH seems to be holding up and the hulls are not splayed. It does have a slight list to port (don't all boats have a *slight* list?)

Yes, there are camera lens effects and such, but my measurements don't suggest imminent failure.

I know this is disappointing, but that is the result of my highly (ha ha) scientific investigation.

Edit: for reference purposes, you can see the mizzen mast and main mast (or whatever they are called on this thing) are not parallel. The difference is about one degree.

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt
Edit: for reference purposes, you can see the mizzen mast and main mast (or whatever they are called on this thing) are not parallel. The difference is about one degree.
I think that difference is a moving feast and is dependent on many factors. The heat of the day, wind strength and direction, the dew point, the amount of seagull shit on it, weather the patio doors are closed or not and what side the bike is parked on.

some dude

Super Anarchist
I took the 3rd picture provided by Oronoco above, and imported it into AutoCad.

I used the horizon as a reference, and measured a few angles.

Within about two degrees (probably the limit of the accuracy of what I am doing, and the build quality - no one said the parking lot where it was built was level), FH seems to be holding up and the hulls are not splayed. It does have a slight list to port (don't all boats have a *slight* list?)

Yes, there are camera lens effects and such, but my measurements don't suggest imminent failure.

I know this is disappointing, but that is the result of my highly (ha ha) scientific investigation.

Gad. We really need HR to get out of jail so we can get back to real action.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
vang said:
Don't forget that there are other builders out in the sticks that are often successful with substantial similar projects, just noticed one today:

http://www.thereflector.com/senior_lifestyle/article_dbe7ecfe-09d5-11e3-b22b-001a4bcf887a.html

I'll post some tits later, now most of you can go fuck off and quit stalking folks whose only "crime" is actually doing something.
You're not from around here are you?

The whole POINT of this thread is that HR is fucking up on such an epic scale and has been so "in your face" about rejecting good advice.

The fact that others do it right is not the point - plenty of people here have done that - it's the sheer outlandish human comedy that HR & clan provide that is why we're all here. Shakespeare could hardly do better.

Now fuck off until you provide those tits.

LB 15

Cunt
vang said:
In 6000 mostly bullshit posts you girly boys fail to realize that the only unusual stuff HR has done boils down to a matter of scale. He's built something really big and he's probably fucked up in a really big way. But guys build stuff every day, and they often fuck up, whether it's a redneck building a shitty clap trap out building, or a yuppie fucking up the wiring in a basement rec room remodel. So get off HR's case and give him some space. You can get your vicarious pleasure when something actually happens a month from now or a year, or years from now.

Look - a vang that pulls itself.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
Did we ever figure out why HR's license got suspended? Not that it's any big shock with HR, but you have to be a complete fuck up, generally multiple times, to get your license taken away.

SECOND HAND REPORTING HERE

The visitor I had last week just called with a bit of info. He kayaked out to FH and had a brief, cordial conversation with Michael, nothing important was said, but the good ship FH had more than the expected three people for crew. It appears FH may be the party barge of Richardson Bay.

HOWEVER

The point of his call was to tell me he can't see FH from the Sausalito shore as he had before and he clearly knows where it was. He is going to get to a different vantage point later today or tomorrow and give me a call back. Don't expect pictures, but I will update here when I hear back

and Hi to the CF lurkers!

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean

The visitor I had last week just called with a bit of info. He kayaked out to FH and had a brief, cordial conversation with Michael, nothing important was said, but the good ship FH had more than the expected three people for crew. It appears FH may be the party barge of Richardson Bay.

HOWEVER

The point of his call was to tell me he can't see FH from the Sausalito shore as he had before and he clearly knows where it was. He is going to get to a different vantage point later today or tomorrow and give me a call back. Don't expect pictures, but I will update here when I hear back

meuritt,

thanks for the update and congratulations on your anarchist status... you deserve it.. ;)

LB 15

Cunt

HOWEVER

meuritt,

thanks for the update and congratulations on your anarchist status... you deserve it.. ;)
+1. With out you guys many of us would have to spend time with our families or worse - work!

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
vang said:

. .Look - a vang that pulls itself.
<applause>

I don't see any comparison between HR & fambly and the father & son in the story linked above. No motorcycle. Their self-designed catamaran actually looks like it might sail, as opposed to looking like a child's Lego impersonation of a Civil War ironclad. And built with the scantlings of an Opti only with cheaper materials.

Everything looks good if you're enough of a dumbass. We probably don't want to see what "vang" would produce in the way of tit pics

FB- Doug

bluenosejr

Maybe if we raised Hot Rod's bail they'd agree to put a tracker and a GoPro on the boat. Seems fair. I'd be in for $10.
That sounds like a good idea on the surface....

but when you think more about it, there might be some things that happen on FH that we may not want to see.