65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Binnacle Bat

Thanks again guys :)

I drew some parallel lines on one of the pics. FH doesn't look well. Looks like the hulls are beginning to spread apart.
Unfortunately you need to start paying a lot of attention to your lenses when you start wanting straight lines in real life to remain straight lines in photos, it's a common issue in architecture photography (the "falling backwards" effect if you stand at the base of a tall building and look up, for example), where they start using shift-tilt lenses: http://www.adorama.com/alc/files/41a7523241c64fb4f1f5f0aaf29dcb6b.jpg

Also, I wonder if we might be seeing the "popping" of the seam as a result of dirt and crud getting into the weave of the glass from the tow, accentuating it compared to the relatively clean paint on the plywood above and below?
Yes, cameras can distort things wicked, but mostly in wide angle lens situations. Crappy wide angle lens, tall building etc, and you can get all sorts of barrel distortion and need for perspective correction.

Almost all the shots we have seen of FH have been long shots, usually tightly cropped, from about the same level, so that barrel distortion and perspective distortion are minimal.

It's pretty clear to me looking at all the photos that the back porch was pretty flat at launch, but once the pseudo-harley & other stores were taken aboard, it started to sag, and the roof deck with it. The sag appeared to increase over time, until the hog, & HR, disappeared. Since then the sag seems to have stabilized.

The bending stresses of a sizable bike on the back porch are negligable compared those encountered in gale at sea, with a 1,000 miles or so of fetch.

By my calculations, by offloading the bike, the chances against the FH reaching Hawaii have decreased from 1:43,560 to 1:43,514.

Cheers

Allan

That Bayliner has to be running on the edge, like most old ski boats. So they can't go very far. Downwind to Richmond Inner Harbor behind Brooks island? Across SF Bay to Clipper Cove at Treasure Island? (--maybe they think treasure is buried there). Toward the Delta? If they have left Richardson Bay it was probably by order of the Harbor Administrator Bill "10 Fingers" Price. They didn't look out of place in RB, but their reputation certainly preceded them. Viking Michael should paint on the side "Under New Management"

Maybe they just want a better location from which to watch other cats break?
Maybe they read this thread and saw where people said how Richardson Bay can lick up with a south wind. Decided to find a more protected hurricane hole.
It would be the first advice they took. In fairness that was with Capt HR in charge, now Viking, he may be more open to suggestion. With the group of people reported on Saturday one could speculate contact was made with enough towing power to get them somewhere better. If they are in fact gone, we may be hard pressed to find them. That may be the point. but they could have just as easily drug anchor if the predicted SW winds came up yesterday. A mystery w/o any clues...

10 pm and my contact hasn't called back, I'm closing up shop for the night

I guessed it would take 100 posts to be an anarchist, I'm surprised

gusmus

Super Anarchist
As an aside about the dock boxes:

I've read several posts where people theorize that they stole the dock boxes.

I doubt it. Way too obvious, all stuck up there on the bows for all to see.

These things are for sale for cheap, used, all the time at used chandlers.
99% of this thread consists of people theorizing. And 99% of those are talking out of their assholes. Latest example: Some knobhead downloads a photograph of a boat which was take from the deck of another boat, draws three lines apon it without knowing any original data regarding angles, dimensions, perspective,etc, and then declares himself to be a master of trigonometry by declaring that the hulls have splayed. I'd theorize in stating that his fucking egoistical brain has splayed. WcW

Last edited by a moderator:

nos4r2

UK
99% of this thread consists of people theorizing. And 99% of those are talking out of their assholes. Latest example: Some knobhead downloads a photograph of a boat which was take from the deck of another boat, draws three lines apon it without knowing any original data regarding angles, dimensions, perspective,etc, and then declares himself to be a master of trigonometry by declaring that the hulls have splayed. I'd theorize in stating that his fucking egoistical brain has splayed. WcW
I bet your mother is really proud of you, managing to use a keyboard and only ramming the pencil into your brain once. It's such a shame that when you were asked to count to 3 you went back to fouling yourself in the corner and trying to eat it after you ran out of arms to count on.

It's a fairly simple concept for you. The inboard edges of the steps appear lower than the outside and the horizon is still flat.

Go back to making monkey noises and stop breaking crayons up your nose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverbullet

Super Anarchist
Seattle
vang said:
In 6000 mostly bullshit posts you girly boys fail to realize that the only unusual stuff HR has done boils down to a matter of scale. He's built something really big and he's probably fucked up in a really big way. But guys build stuff every day, and they often fuck up, whether it's a redneck building a shitty clap trap out building, or a yuppie fucking up the wiring in a basement rec room remodel. So get off HR's case and give him some space. You can get your vicarious pleasure when something actually happens a month from now or a year, or years from now.

Don't forget that there are other builders out in the sticks that are often successful with substantial similar projects, just noticed one today:

http://www.thereflector.com/senior_lifestyle/article_dbe7ecfe-09d5-11e3-b22b-001a4bcf887a.html

I'll post some tits later, now most of you can go fuck off and quit stalking folks whose only "crime" is actually doing something.
+1

Excellent first post.

Silverbullet

Super Anarchist
Seattle
And fuck you Sloop JonB -

You have been the biggest misanthropic, know-it-all, whiny bitch on this thread. Now you're bored with whacking your own tiny dick 6 times a day and wondering why this thread isn't going anywhere? Tell you what, fuck off. Go do something and then post a new thread about it.

Or STFU, bail the Rod out of jail for a small bag of loonies, give your pecker a break, and sit back and wait for this thread to validate your existence.

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Super Anarchist
activated stealth mode after fitting the flux capacitor and jumping bail ?

or

spread all canvas for the run out the gate and is now doing crazy ivans under collapsed jury rig and shot steering at the bottom of the san andreas fault ?

Only the klan of the Rod knows where lies FH the true messiah. (Hes been a very naughty boy )....

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
And fuck you Sloop JonB -

You have been the biggest misanthropic, know-it-all, whiny bitch on this thread. Now you're bored with whacking your own tiny dick 6 times a day and wondering why this thread isn't going anywhere? Tell you what, fuck off. Go do something and then post a new thread about it.

Or STFU, bail the Rod out of jail for a small bag of loonies, give your pecker a break, and sit back and wait for this thread to validate your existence.
Missed our morning Prozac did we Bullet?

nos4r2

UK
Wherever M. LeDouche 'as spirited zem away to, it's sans Le Hot Rod as he was still languishing dans le cul de Sutter County Jail à huit heures ce matin.

LilMurray, LilMurray, where forth art thou? My Sausalito contact's phone seems to be on the fritz, was it lost overboard in the skirmish? Now that FH has two galley slaves, that would be like rowers chained to their oars, not kitchen workers, maybe they will be able to self propel to the satisfaction of the authorities.

Locals beware, there are now two missing persons who have been in contact with FH

Update when available

Latest posts