65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
For others that may wish to get hold of HR: from Latitude38:

Before setting sail, they still need some basics like cleats, blocks and stanchions,

so if you can help, give Hot Rod a call at (530) 680 4351. We wish him, Michael and Grandma Carol the best of luck.

(link to original PDF, above is google cache link)
Be sure to ask what happened to lilmurray if you call.

SFORightSeat

Sacramento
I'm just reporting what I observed. There's no doubt that's Mike's picture on here but I don't think he's responsible for posting it. We basically had to explain the gist of the thread to him twice. Having talked to the guy face to face I really don't think he was playing dumb to fool us.

One funny minor thing I left out in the initial post: as we made our initial approach to the FH, Dan shouted "Git yer bumpers out! Git yer bumpers out!" while pointing at our fenders before he took our line. It's become kind of a running joke. (Rick said it once as we were pulling into a parking space at the hardware store to great effect)

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
I'm just reporting what I observed. There's no doubt that's Mike's picture on here but I don't think he's responsible for posting it. We basically had to explain the gist of the thread to him twice. Having talked to the guy face to face I really don't think he was playing dumb to fool us.

One funny minor thing I left out in the initial post: as we made our initial approach to the FH, Dan shouted "Git yer bumpers out! Git yer bumpers out!" while pointing at our fenders before he took our line. It's become kind of a running joke. (Rick said it once as we were pulling into a parking space at the hardware store to great effect)
Could you be so kind as to tell us the date of this encounter?

derelicte

Super Anarchist
SFORightSeat,

Thanks for your on the water report! Well done!

Do you remember the date you visited the FH? Although it sounds like it was when HR was in the klink which was after he started posting here.

I'd throw in a few bucks for a spot for the care package. It would make everyone's lives here more enjoyable.

If you go back, you should bring a missing poster with lilmurray's pic on it!

"HR replied: "Well, you know... if you hang around barber shop you end up with haircut."

^^^That is absolutely classic. So if you hang around a library you'll learn to read... Right...? No???

SFORightSeat, appreciate the update (pretty well written too), and quite possibly saved the thread from more modersickle babble. For now.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL

It's a good line. I said it to some girls at Mardi Gras once and they did!

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North

I guess they were concerned that some errant screws sticking out of the FH might scratch your boat.

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
Anybody claiming to have been onboard and not seen the inside is full of Shit and there is no beer allowed on this vessel
If I recall, you are somehow associated with the Flyin Hawaiian. True? Can you post some picts so that we can stop any speculation? Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to ask; whose sock puppets were impersonating Hot Rod and Viking on here I wonder???
Since HotRod himself seems to have been pretty open about having posted here, and the unintelligible sock puppets seemed to go away completely during the incarceration period and since then, I think all those posts were from HR himself. Mike the awesome Viking might very well be relatively unaware about all of this.

George Dewey

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
Forgot to ask; whose sock puppets were impersonating Hot Rod and Viking on here I wonder???
Since HotRod himself seems to have been pretty open about having posted here, and the unintelligible sock puppets seemed to go away completely during the incarceration period and since then, I think all those posts were from HR himself. Mike the awesome Viking might very well be relatively unaware about all of this.
No, it was "Mike the awesome Viking" who provided a pic of himself to be posted...

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
Anybody claiming to have been onboard and not seen the inside is full of Shit and there is no beer allowed on this vessel
No beer? Clearly you're not, and have never been, a sailor.
someone had mentioned that the quote about a barber shop and haircut is from AA....

so.. it could be that the FH is a booze free zone...

I admire anyone who faces up to a problem and puts in place a system to insure that the problem does not reoccur.

Unfortunately, I also know many 'sailors' that do have a problem that the bottle controls them. Not a good situation.