65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

jerryj2me

Super Anarchist
Anybody claiming to have been onboard and not seen the inside is full of Shit and there is no beer allowed on this vessel
No beer? Clearly you're not, and have never been, a sailor.
You do realize that nobody on the Flying Hawaiian is not a sailor correct?

The no booze principle and the barber comment are indicative of somebody in 12 step AA programs.

Also, reading "SFORightseat" I am surprised nobody has questioned them as a sock puppet (3 postings?)

but with some good creative writing skills.

Think about that, and backtrack and read whats there.

Anybody claiming to have been onboard and not seen the inside is full of Shit and there is no beer allowed on this vessel
No beer? Clearly you're not, and have never been, a sailor.
Bière is the nectar of the nitwit. Guy only allows Champagne, drinks made of Grand Marnier and wines from Provence aboard the yacht.

The squeeking and squeeling Mr. SFO heard was Mrs. Hot and Guy in the jacuzzi tub again. This woman is a handful.

So I never heard of the FH until a week ago and literally worked my way through the years of posts. I knew it was voyeuristic and a little cruel and I couldn't turn away. My wife has her trash mags like People and US and I have HR and the Viking. Now I know this probably makes me a really bad person but I want to see these guys go for it. Someone buy'em an EPIRP and Life Raft (for conscience sake) and lets take this show to the next level. I just can't wait to see the teignmouth electron FH get out into the big blue and cut through those waves like the magestic beast she is! I would fly down to SF to be on a well wisher boat and see 'em out!

Dirc

Bière is the nectar of the nitwit. Guy only allows Champagne, drinks made of Grand Marnier and wines from Provence aboard the yacht.

The squeeking and squeeling Mr. SFO heard was Mrs. Hot and Guy in the jacuzzi tub again. This woman is a handful.
LOL Guy, you're sure just a handful? Did you measure the displacement of water when she got in the tub? :p

But I agree with your choice of wines from Provence etc... Grand Marnier, not so much

Back to topic: I think most of us are on the same page, we wish no harm befalls anyone involved.

Moreover, we wish that hopefully, when the sht finally hits the fan it gives HR & son a breakthru moment of realization that they really can't just build a boat like a cheap house, paint it with epoxy and perhaps a single round of glass and expect it to last.

If you scroll back 30 or so pages, I predicted before the launch of the FH, that it would come apart in the first 4 foot wave cross chop... I can't say if they had any action that big yet, but the scary sounds reported is surely a sign its close.

The CDX is surely close to mash potatoe by now in many places, and then its just a matter of time until whole sheets just rip thru/fail with the predicted outcome.

I'm glad they have a FH'junior around at least.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
If the potato mush for core between the thin glass exterior and the resin coated interior holds for another two months FH will simply be blown to a lee shore in the first storm that rolls through. I highly doubt its going to end in a dramatic sinking.

George Dewey

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
Back to topic: I think most of us are on the same page, we wish no harm befalls anyone involved.
No harm to them but also none to the people who have to save their sorry butts should FH actually make it out the gate. I have long ago stopped being concerned about that, because it's abundantly clear that this monstrosity is not going to make it out the gate, let alone half way across the Pacific.

FH can probably survive little waves and light winds, so HR, RV and Monsieur LeDouche should be glad they found a spot where they can stay in reasonable safety, and just enjoy living on board while they can. Clearly, Guy is at least entertaining their women, and hey, a happy wife equates to a happy life, right?

Ncik

Super Anarchist
Has there been any significant rainfall on the FH since launch? Perhaps the bottom is well sealed, but the top?

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
So I never heard of the FH until a week ago and literally worked my way through the years of posts. I knew it was voyeuristic and a little cruel and I couldn't turn away. My wife has her trash mags like People and US and I have HR and the Viking. Now I know this probably makes me a really bad person but I want to see these guys go for it. Someone buy'em an EPIRP and Life Raft (for conscience sake) and lets take this show to the next level. I just can't wait to see the teignmouth electron FH get out into the big blue and cut through those waves like the magestic beast she is! I would fly down to SF to be on a well wisher boat and see 'em out!
Teignmouth Electron was a real boat, not a cobbled up stage prop. The fact that Crowhurst went nuts was no reflection on the boat.

Not to get too far off topic, but Teignmouth Electron rests on the southern shore of Cayman Brac, just south of the airport. Longitude & Latitude Coordinates are: 19°41'10.40"N by 79°52'37.83"W. Photos are on the Internet.

teignmouth electron.jpg

Binnacle Bat

I'm guessing that this thread, and the FH, will end with not a bang but a whimper. Force 6 or 7, inadequate ground tackle, and a bony lee shore, and there will be more CDX stew than HR & Co. can cobble together a fix on.

End of story, unless a film crew follows the victims for a while.

Don't feed the Raccoons, they will become dependent on handouts.

Any flotsam that makes it out through the GG will be at the whims of the wind and tides, not due to anyone's mastery of naval architecture or seamanship.

The odds of this drama ending up with a chopper rescue off-shore, a la Raw Faith or Bounty, are infinitesimal.

The supreme irony would be if the crew were rescued by a MacGregor 26, 'cause shoal draft & adequate horsepower let him get close enough in.

This thread is like the war in Afghanistan. Goes on forever, nobody wins (excepting perhaps Guy, who will come out smelling like a rose, without a whiff of seawater or sex. Amazing how he can always manage to pull that off).

To next year, in Oahu!

svtenacious

Boulder CO
hey, for those of you who like to separate truth from SA nonsense, go read dockrat (aka michael, aka viking) - like maybe you are interested in the reality of FH. He doesn't say much, but neither does he ramble & argue about total nonsense. On the other hand (if you are a loser conspiracy theorist), you can just rant and rave about sock puppets. 100 posts per page? a new sock puppet battle would be good for 2 new pages!

hey, for those of you who like to separate truth from SA nonsense, go read dockrat (aka michael, aka viking) - like maybe you are interested in the reality of FH. He doesn't say much, but neither does he ramble & argue about total nonsense. On the other hand (if you are a loser conspiracy theorist), you can just rant and rave about sock puppets. 100 posts per page? a new sock puppet battle would be good for 2 new pages!
a review by a 5 post sockpuppet nOOb

of a 12 step post sockpuppet nOOb

priceless

Latest posts