65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
My first thought was, "Hey, Hotrod has the same porch light that I do," but you could be right. A ship's bell makes a lot more sense. And if we've learned anything, it's Hotrod is a sensible guy. Ding, ding ding, here comes the shit boat. I can hear it now.
I'm not real familiar with all the weird sound protocols used by ships, except for the five blast get-the-fuck-out-of-the-way-you-asshat one, but is there a sound signal for "My POS plywood claptrap is breaking up?"
no - i think it's the door bell. how else will he know he has a visitor on the back porch?

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
I he were on the east coast right now she would be close to floating or down to the last few hours before she was set free.

Super Anarchist
if you're local perhaps you can help

i'll keep it in mind.png

bower bird

I have never seen a catamaran that has a fordeck without a mesh that will let waves through.

I wonder if one big wave would initiate the process of structural failure.

petephoneoct2912011.jpg

Dpneis

Anarchist
Upstate NY
A massive, heavy, asymmetrical, underpowered,door hinge (?) mounted rudders, no rocker, huge windage catamaran? Nah i wouldn't worry about big waves, pretty sure rocks and/or other obstructions will destroy this guys dreams before big waves get their turn.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
Big steel

Sure, but he's got a nice bar-b-que.

Rudders1.jpg

Twin backstays attached to verandah posts assist in lifting the verandah and bringing sunlight into the lounge area when the wind increases above 10 knots.

Rudders2.jpg

rudders made out of aquadhered used icecream sticks held by oversized paper bulldog clips, give this vessel a triple A office waste recycling rating. But how do those rudder blades hinge exactly ? a 3/16" gutter bolt ?

The length of rusty used square steel tube is a mystery..... A bow pole for ramming maersk freighters ?

Rusty BBQ kettle on the aft deck by the steering station is a nice touch. Hitting the snags, while hitting the snags ?
Not anymore. Cross support for the main mast. :blink:

Is the rigging from HD as well?? Who swaged the fittings?? at $20 a pop he must have made some coin..... :D

Murphness

Super Anarchist
Boston
Is the diagonal black thing between the masts a gin pole or something? How will the main sail tack with all that shit in there?

Can't wait to see this thing hit the water, whether it floats or not, its clearly been one of the best SA sagas in a while...

Thanks for all the pics!

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
Guys its a radio mast the guy wires help improve reception. Geeze figured you would have know that.

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
Is the diagonal black thing between the masts a gin pole or something? How will the main sail tack with all that shit in there?
Of course I have no way of knowing, but I'm guessing it's the foot/leach boom for the main tops'l. Is that what that rig is called? A stays'l ketch?

sailing-2.jpg

Ketch.jpg

Anybody know if he has approached any of the local sailmakers yet?

I'm still thinking this is all just a ploy to take advantage of some sort of obscure squatters land rights law. The old say you are building a boat but it is really a house in disguise and live in it for a year and the land is yours sort of deal.