65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
I was 99% positive it was Hot Rod just from talking to him but I wanted to verify the phone # and it is the same that was posted in post #6610. Took me a bit to find it. Ya can't fake an incoming phone number.

So, I declare and state that HR'FH is indeed Hot Rod of the Flyin Hawaiin!

No more sock puppet bullshit.
and.. if you check further.. that number is not just some random post.. it is from at least 2 different sources. Latitude 38 and one of the marin papers..... and for the further disbelievers thinking this is some APP to fake phone numbers then try to call him....

and when you get through you can chat and verify this whole thing.

Only the NSA could accomplish such a thing...

but... Snowdon did say he has a bombshell to deliver... it could be that there is no HRH? Somehow methinks that is NOT so likely.... and HR is the real deal.

Give the guy a break.... Also.. my understanding (and HR please post more) that the ideas of how the FH are built are not entirely based on reality.

Tell them HR about how you built FH, how many drums of epoxy et al....

Sand crab

Montana
I was 99% positive it was Hot Rod just from talking to him but I wanted to verify the phone # and it is the same that was posted in post #6610. Took me a bit to find it. Ya can't fake an incoming phone number.

of course you can fake an incoming number. there are apps for that.
He called me from his number and that's that. It was him, he knew about his boat and he even sounded like Hot Rod. I have no skin in this game and there is no logical reason why I would lie. And If you read my old posts then you would see that I have been critical of the FH. My point is not whether the FH is well built or seaworthy or anything else, only that HR'FH is Hot Rod. Call him yourself, or post your # and I'll bet he'll call you. I did.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Come on, Facebook Doug; Everyone know James is stretched pretty thin, finance-wise.

Drawing attention to that doesn't benefit anyone either as entertainment or as bona fide help to James.

Heaven knows we're in this for the entertainment, but that post fails to deliver.

Side story: I know a model builder who creates serious world-class scale models -- multiple national awards. This recognition has turned him into no small jerk; his ego is pretty out there.

But he was poor. So he made most of his custom enhancements himself using miniature machine tools, casting, etc. No doubt he had massive skill. But he would comment about people who bought detail parts, dismissing them as "checkbook modelers" until I pointed out to him that if he were to pay himself minimum wage, his parts would cost 3 times what the checkbook modelers were paying. To his credit, he stopped using that slur. And now that he is actually working for a living and does not have the unlimited time he used to have, it's no surprise that his custom work has slowed to a trickle and he is buying *gasp!* some custom parts.
I wasn't intending to cast any slurs, just responding to HR's sneer.

I was going to suggest that HR go to a local sailmaker and offer to sweep the shop, or some other kind of grunt labor that he can realistically provide, in return for help with his sails. That's what I would do (shucks, it's what I -have- done only for other very specialized work not sailmaking) if I was in that position. However HR does not seem to be the kind of guy who wants to offer anything in return for help, nor does he take well-intentioned advice.

My posts may or may not be entertaining to you, but they certainly entertain me... and that's the point. So fuck off SE!

FB- Doug

familysailor

Super Anarchist
San Francisco Bay

He called me from his number and that's that. It was him, he knew about his boat and he even sounded like Hot Rod. I have no skin in this game and there is no logical reason why I would lie. And If you read my old posts then you would see that I have been critical of the FH. My point is not whether the FH is well built or seaworthy or anything else, only that HR'FH is Hot Rod. Call him yourself, or post your # and I'll bet he'll call you. I did.
Ah yes... but you may not be Sand crab! You could be a replica, imitator kinda being.

Who, as we all know, is on First...

Last edited by a moderator:

Timo42

Super Anarchist

Ah yes... but you may not be Sand crab! You could be a replica, imitator kinda being.

Who, as we all know, is on First...
A fake Sand crab? Surimi you are joking!

Last edited by a moderator:
SewnRingGrommeting.gif

No charge, bobbys.

Cement_Shoes

Super Anarchist
A to Z
So who really shot JFK?
I was just correcting an incorrect statement that you can't spoof an incoming number. it is easily and routinely done.
many things are possible, however if its so important you really should give Hot Rod a call.
So who really shot JFK?
it isn't that important to me. why is it so important to you that I think he isn't a sock puppet? are you emotionally invested in this?

your childish point about conspiracy theorists has been made. it wasn't worth making much less repeating.

HR'FH

loch lomond
Ok guys I've been getting Shit from this site more than most. And I have hand waxed more highend yachts than make a difference. I'm more than happy to barder.when I ask most yachties questions they tell me who to make out the check to. Sorry.ge wiz wally.

HR'FH

loch lomond
We thought maybe someone could send us to a friend instead of strangers.in marin county if u have to ask u cant aford it.and they don't like liveabords.

jerryj2me

Super Anarchist
Ok guys I've been getting Shit from this site more than most. And I have hand waxed more highend yachts than make a difference. I'm more than happy to barder.when I ask most yachties questions they tell me who to make out the check to. Sorry.ge wiz wally.
Its not a cheap sport-hobby-obsesesion-lifestyle however.

Go talk to Hood and see if you can barter with them.