65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Timo42

Super Anarchist
For you assholes screaming prove it, prove it, you're a sock puppet, no - you're a sockpuppet, etc etc etc. there are 2 possibilities:

1. It is really HR et al, in which case he has no reason to prove anything to you posers given the way he's been treated by many of you yoyos. And FB Doug etc your bleating that you're only trying to help is pathetic ATC.

or

2. It isn't HR et al, in which case he is laughing at you getting your shorts in a knot and having a pissing match about who's real and who is not.

In either case HR et al are having a good laugh about it and you guys are the butt of the joke.
Or maybe we are just bored and any diversion will do...

And Fuck off, etc...

For you assholes screaming prove it, prove it, you're a sock puppet, no - you're a sockpuppet, etc etc etc. there are 2 possibilities:

1. It is really HR et al, in which case he has no reason to prove anything to you posers given the way he's been treated by many of you yoyos. And FB Doug etc your bleating that you're only trying to help is pathetic ATC.

or

2. It isn't HR et al, in which case he is laughing at you getting your shorts in a knot and having a pissing match about who's real and who is not.

In either case HR et al are having a good laugh about it and you guys are the butt of the joke.
Gee, no flies on you, Einstein. :rolleyes:

jerryj2me

Super Anarchist
I gues Our 150lb navy and the 135ft of 3/8 chain is a wast even with the 40lb danforth on the other end. Wow
you got one of these in 150lb size?

navyblue.jpg

I thought sockpuppets were for circle jurking. I said I don't text well .some here text like teen age girls. I said I'm not posting pics. At all. Who cares about security.this has nothing to do with money.It's used to be free web but now u buy it.yes I've been posting a bit,so ,its rare that I have time.
if there was some form of -concrete- varification that you're who you say---the builder of that 'catamaran',,I for one would make some effort to help your scene in some concrete way,,,,and I'm probably not alone on this.

....you've got 'friends' here now supposedly,if yer can't take a f'n picture,,then have one of your 'friends' come for a visit

oh HRwhatever,,,you're language and typing skills sure have improved since you joined us-as if!! :mellow:

why do I bother? <_<

It is an older version of the navy stockless
weight ought to work, but the 3/8 is correct for my boat, only 37', 11 beam and a lot less windage. The wind will blow harder than seems possible if the annual big southerly hits us, the chain will go bar tight, there will be to shock absorption, it will be like hanging the boat like a pinata with someone hitting it with the stick. with heavier chain you can sustain higher winds before it goes bar taught. A kellet or two along the rode might help keep the centenary in the chain longer. in a big blow you will also need chafe protection and regular anchor watch, there will be no sleeping.

check your pm

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
gawd,this thread's gone to trash,if it wasn't always.

...is there something to indicate that ''HR'FH'' is anything but a troll-puppet <_<

....his mention of the baja haha and various classes of boats points him out as much more of a sailor and/or reader than he's shown himself to be,,not to mention the amount of time he's spending here

He's a wooly knee high.

I was 99% positive it was Hot Rod just from talking to him but I wanted to verify the phone # and it is the same that was posted in post #6610. Took me a bit to find it. Ya can't fake an incoming phone number.

So, I declare and state that HR'FH is indeed Hot Rod of the Flyin Hawaiin!

No more sock puppet bullshit.

Second that:

"So, I declare and state that HR'FH is indeed Hot Rod of the Flyin Hawaiin!"

I've been texting back and forth with him for the last week or so using the 530# referenced here and the other articles he's shared his number. SO, if it's not Rod's # then:

1.) Someone faked the number in the Lat38 article

2.) Someone faked the number in the Marin Co. News article

3.) It's someone else on board FH.

4.) The punctuation/spelling/rapid posting pace are EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

R'FH= James "Hot Rod" Lane... GO THE ROD!!!

-JDub

Sand crab

Montana
For the last time:

1. After reading about 2 pages of crap on whether HR'FH was who he said he was I posted my phone number at 2:16 pm yesterday mountain time with a message for HR to call me to verify that he was who he said he was.

2. He called me 7 minutes later at 2:23 from the same # that has been posted here many times.

3. I live in Montana and have never met Hot Rod and only spoke to him that one time.....ever.

Attached is a pic of my phone on today's Bozeman, MT paper.

You guys can debate lots of things but whether HR'FH is Hot Rod of the Flyin Hawaiin is not one of them. If you don't believe me then call him.

Geesh.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

TQA

Super Anarchist
Caribbean
Yup Hotrod missed that 150 lbs should do you just fine. Chain is on the light side but should do if in good condition.

Rudder linkages. Yours design seems complex and the linkage geometry will lead to the cables being highly stressed. A simpler option is to have two long tillers linked by a crosspiece. running across just behind the back deck. A simple linkage using a single endless line from the two wheels via pulleys to the cross piece will work and the cable stresses will be low. If there is a cable problem you can steer directly by hand. It also simplifies the connection of a windvane. Steering failure is a common cause of people being forced to abandon their boats so having something that is easy to fix is a good idea.

You may already have worked out a way of mounting larger outboards but if not there is a simple system which is widely used out here in the Caribbean on large cats used for the tourist day trip trade. It is low tech and reliable. I can dig out details if you want.

Finally PLYWOOD! Throughout the Eastern Caribbean the locals build boats using construction grade plywood with a single layer of glasscloth. on the outside and paint on the inside. I asked some of the local fishermen who use these daily how long they would expect this to last.. More than 10 years was the answer.

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
For the last time:

1. After reading about 2 pages of crap on whether HR'FH was who he said he was I posted my phone number at 2:16 pm yesterday mountain time with a message for HR to call me to verify that he was who he said he was.

2. He called me 7 minutes later at 2:23 from the same # that has been posted here many times.

3. I live in Montana and have never met Hot Rod and only spoke to him that one time.....ever.

Attached is a pic of my phone on today's Bozeman, MT paper.

You guys can debate lots of things but whether HR'FH is Hot Rod of the Flyin Hawaiin is not one of them. If you don't believe me then call him.

Geesh.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
In a moment we shall hear about photoshop, and how you faked the picture... then how you faked the paper.... some people are always Doubting Thomases...

the same people too lazy to pick up the phone and call. :(

In a moment we shall hear about photoshop, and how you faked the picture... then how you faked the paper.... some people are always Doubting Thomases...

the same people too lazy to pick up the phone and call. :(

and then they'll ask what's sooo difficult about a local 'buddy' getting down to the boat and taking some fresh pictures??

or it didn't happen! <_<

HR's new-found texting verbosity and budget,,.,boat knowledge,,and change in spelling,syntax just don't add up!

Last edited by a moderator:

jerryj2me

Super Anarchist
It is an older version of the navy stockless
weight ought to work, but the 3/8 is correct for my boat, only 37', 11 beam and a lot less windage. The wind will blow harder than seems possible if the annual big southerly hits us, the chain will go bar tight, there will be to shock absorption, it will be like hanging the boat like a pinata with someone hitting it with the stick. with heavier chain you can sustain higher winds before it goes bar taught. A kellet or two along the rode might help keep the centenary in the chain longer. in a big blow you will also need chafe protection and regular anchor watch, there will be no sleeping.

check your pm
(translation: Weights along the line to the anchor keeping some slack in the line.)

If this thing breaks loose in a blow, its over. They don't have the horsepower to fight the weather.

One other thing - look carefully into how the anchor is secured to the boat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raked Aft\\

Super Anarchist
The North Coast
Yup Hotrod missed that 150 lbs should do you just fine. Chain is on the light side but should do if in good condition.

Rudder linkages. Yours design seems complex and the linkage geometry will lead to the cables being highly stressed. A simpler option is to have two long tillers linked by a crosspiece. running across just behind the back deck. A simple linkage using a single endless line from the two wheels via pulleys to the cross piece will work and the cable stresses will be low. If there is a cable problem you can steer directly by hand. It also simplifies the connection of a windvane. Steering failure is a common cause of people being forced to abandon their boats so having something that is easy to fix is a good idea.

You may already have worked out a way of mounting larger outboards but if not there is a simple system which is widely used out here in the Caribbean on large cats used for the tourist day trip trade. It is low tech and reliable. I can dig out details if you want.

Finally PLYWOOD! Throughout the Eastern Caribbean the locals build boats using construction grade plywood with a single layer of glasscloth. on the outside and paint on the inside. I asked some of the local fishermen who use these daily how long they would expect this to last.. More than 10 years was the answer.
Forget the steering linkage, the rudder mounts to the hull are WOEFULLY under engineered!

looking at the length and aspect ratio of the rudders, the minute they get loaded laterally under sail they will rip off at the transom.

particularly due to the fact there is no other lateral resistence, ie centerboards, on the boat!