65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

I would think that most people on this cite r from this part of the country,because of the media coverage ,most of it was local newspapers.radio and magazines,the two networks didn't do much maybe ten mins in all. And my assault was all local. But i got calls from Kentucky,and Colorado. Hope Colorado is ok with the weather and all.
Hell yes that was me.

WHOLEY SHEIT MATE :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

GUY LD @ The AC for the SAYC-AC-Defender PARTY

post-1861-0-65588300-1379279485_thumb.jpg
surprised this little gem caused nothing :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Boston1

Super Anarchist
BF colorado
I am kinda curious as to how you think he's fooled us Meuritt. Did Rod actually build two FHs and only post pictures of the garden shed variety ? Is there actually some secret genius behind trying to bite off the harbor masters finger ? Was jail all part of his ingenious plan ? Stuck on the rocks ? Aground in the mud flats ? Is there some new miracle material in CDX ? The rig that makes no sense ? The sails that fell apart in five seconds ? Lack of an anchor ? Lack of a place to attach the anchor ? Lack of a way to haul the anchor ? The begging for money ? Begging for stuff ? And how many times has the CG been called out to assist ?

Care to shed any light on this one ? Cause from a casual observers point of view, its not us getting fooled.

George Dewey

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
I am kinda curious as to how you think he's fooled us Meuritt. Did Rod actually build two FHs and only post pictures of the garden shed variety ? Is there actually some secret genius behind trying to bite off the harbor masters finger ? Was jail all part of his ingenious plan ? Stuck on the rocks ? Aground in the mud flats ? Is there some new miracle material in CDX ? The rig that makes no sense ? The sails that fell apart in five seconds ? Lack of an anchor ? Lack of a place to attach the anchor ? Lack of a way to haul the anchor ? The begging for money ? Begging for stuff ? And how many times has the CG been called out to assist ?

Care to shed any light on this one ? Cause from a casual observers point of view, its not us getting fooled.
The thing is, for many people, probably most, once they have met someone, its a lot harder to post stuff that's less than complimentary.

HR'FH

loch lomond
We beached FH in the mud

,in three different spots,

before we found the one we liked.

There is a lot more to tell.

I'm working on that for u guys.

we r only two men.

we have a lot to do.

U can complain or help, ur choise.

Thanks guys . we r doing our best!

HR'FH

loch lomond
The defensive position on my part is from all the misinformation,my apology.however, I dont c it slowing.

I'm not going to adress everything on this site.

I don't have time.

The thing is, for many people, probably most, once they have met someone, its a lot harder to post stuff that's less than complimentary.
The opposite is also true. My first few encounters with HR were not bad, but they were very short, just a quick "howdy" with a question or two. But one time I spoke with him in person for a few minutes. His conversation started getting delusional and aggressive. He claimed his boat didn't need engines because it would sail at 35 knots. He belittled anyone that had a "store-bought" boat. Others may have found him charming and nice, but I don't see that in him.

Willin'

Super Anarchist
The Burg, Maine
112353e9-8937-4f59-bca3-6afb2229e496_zps4df8d8aa.jpg

Ok, I get it now! The mizzen sheet tension, when underway, will correct the downward deck and roof curvature caused by hull splay. Very shrewd engineering.

I think I seriously underestimated HR's design capabilities.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
HR keep your eye on the weather talk of a minor front blowing through end of this week no rain but depending on how that low stirs things up we could get some south wind which case keep a close eye on it. Keep in mind parking in the shallows gives you zero buffer room for dragging or even getting a tow if the tow boat doesn't have enough water. Just sayin

For some reason this comes to mind:

Ozymandias -Shelly, 1818

I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,

And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:

And on the pedestal these words appear:

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

HR'FH

loch lomond
This site started a year after the FH,

and after we drew national attention.

Ur not r first critics.

I was a bit sick of the stupid remarks by then.

I thought it was my personal project.

Where did every one come from?

europaflyer

London
The defensive position on my part is from all the misinformation,my apology.however, I dont c it slowing.

I'm not going to adress everything on this site.

I don't have time.
Honestly, why you even bother is a mystery to me. I would ignore the lot off us!

I reckon it's all part of convincing himself that all is going well in his world. He can't stand a group of people getting together to make fun of him, even if it is online. Clearly he cares, in spite of all the crap about not caring about people 'on the internet'. He has refused every offer of help given to him, because that's not what he came here for. He came here to convince people that he knows what he's talking about, and to threaten the people he can't convince - hence the mix of half-baked engineering drivel and aggression we've seen from his posts. Why he keeps going on about the 'shear strength' of the fibreglass he used I don't know. Presumably he thinks it somehow matters in the grand scheme of the Flying Fuckwit saga. Maybe because he knows the word shear but can't understand what tensile means. Also all the epoxy crap. 'If I put enough epoxy on it will sail past god' is a quote I remember hearing recently. There's another bonkers idea he's got in to his head.

He makes a very, very interesting psychological study, which is the main reason I follow this thread. On the video I have seen of him he seems a pretty reasonable, plausible character, which meuritt has backed up having spoken to him in person. We know, however, that he is a compulsive liar (the qualified pilot, meteorologist and master craftsman). The whole 'reg army' thing is probably another lie IMHO. Faking a military service record is common amongst these types if they also feel a need to demonstrate their superiority over others.

The post several pages back about the Dunning-Kruger effect was a good one, but somewhat off the mark as I doubt HR will ever realise his own failings. His problem is more one of a total illusion of superiority regardless of the experience of the people he deals with, a condition which I suppose is a form of egomaina. A lot of his posts end with or contain the word 'wow'. This seems to be a sort of exclamation of feigned amazement at our collective ignorance and misconception of his plans, as in 'wow, how stupid all you guys are'. This backs up the egomania theory.

Another facet of the Rod is his problem with aggression, as evidenced by the 'finger' incident. This seemed a little out of character, but it seems plausible that this is connected with his ego problem - an 'ordinary person' getting in his way and not providing him with something to which he felt he was automatically entitled just by being The Rod.

He also clearly suffers from major problems with self-delusion (this whole episode). No-one in their right mind could be in his position and still feel all was going well, however bad their knowledge of engineering and boat design was. Hence my point earlier about him posting here and discussing the construction of the FH. It's all part of him building a fictional universe around himself in which he is a successful craftsman, and the FH is an amazing wood-epoxy racing machine that will do 35 knots and take him all around the Pacific, and best of all one that the magnificent mind of the Rod conceived all of itself.

The funny thing is, he's not alone. I know someone a lot like him: the compulsive lying, bullshit about the military, half baked construction projects and run-ins with the police. How humans evolved to sometimes produce this sort of person is beyond me. Maybe it's because every now and then one of them succeeds in their crazy venture by pure luck. Not this time...

It would be fascinating to have a professional psychologist have a look over his posts here and the various accounts of what he is doing. It would certainly be better than my drivel.

Hot Rod - if you have bothered to read this then just let me make a final appeal to what reason is left in your crazy brain. Just because you have proven us wrong so far doesn't mean you will continue to. The FH clearly keeps on failing you in every way other than sinking. If you set out in to the open ocean it will probably sink quite quickly. Take it somewhere sheltered and use it for what is - a large, temporary houseboat. If you want to sail to Hawaii, work like stink to earn around $25k and buy a real boat. You have a sort of animal cunning and resourcefulness which would probably make you quite a good ocean sailor, if only you get some real experience first.

Fuck it. I'm off sailing.