65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Re. LL fight

I know personally that one of the LL harbor people has a completely different version tha HR does. Who with any experience doubts that the other has yet a third. Or that HR has oh so many more?

BTW. In Paris is an old, beat up looking, long boat moored on the Seine with what looks like an old Nash Rambler where FH had the bike. It's probably an old French car unfamiliar to me. As to the boat, think of the Highlander TV show. Still, just as odd as the FH bike. HR is so international...

The Garbone

Titusville
Guess I missed that, Abe Vigoda is still kicking it though...
How 'bout Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn reuniting for a TV Miniseries? Betty White plays the elderly, quick-witted Mother. Jean Claude Van-Damme as The Viking, who runs a repo business/pawn shop/underground grow op on the side.
Van-Damme is marginal as long as you keep Stallone as far from the show as possible.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
Rumor is Rods dragged anchor again, can anyone confirm this ?
57mph winds on the Altimont pass last night high winds today tapering off this evening if all goes as predicted. Marin head lands are shown as high wind area and high fire danger lastnight and today. So would not surprise me at all.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
For all you whiz kids who seem to love getting it on with rudders, you want to read this:

http://dome.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.3/51251/DTMB_1938_T052.pdf?sequence=1

Written, 1938, "Calculation of Rudder Force" US Experimental Model Basin, Navy Yard, Washington D.C.

For the more normal people in the room:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beautiful-Booby-Girl/177528162349174

Where you will find works of art such as this:

970061_384761518292503_1512664689_n.jpg
That should kick off quite the discussion of rutting.
My rutter has been lifted out.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
For all you whiz kids who seem to love getting it on with rudders, you want to read this:

http://dome.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.3/51251/DTMB_1938_T052.pdf?sequence=1

Written, 1938, "Calculation of Rudder Force" US Experimental Model Basin, Navy Yard, Washington D.C.

For the more normal people in the room:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beautiful-Booby-Girl/177528162349174

Where you will find works of art such as this:

970061_384761518292503_1512664689_n.jpg
Photoshop from the waist on down? Something doesn't seem right...

Guess I missed that, Abe Vigoda is still kicking it though...
How 'bout Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn reuniting for a TV Miniseries? Betty White plays the elderly, quick-witted Mother. Jean Claude Van-Damme as The Viking, who runs a repo business/pawn shop/underground grow op on the side.
Van-Damme is marginal as long as you keep Stallone as far from the show as possible.
Shit, and here I thought Stallone would be perfect for the harbour master's part!

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
The FH is stuck fast in muck currently. Next high tide is 5:30 pm.
If HR does not grow a pair and get that thing unstuck and into proper depth and out of the mud flats his days are numbered more so than any time in the past.

The only reason I can see why he would keep parking it in the shallows is that he does not want to wake up in the middle of the night with water rushing in and hardly any time to exit the FH before it takes him and family to the bottom. The wind we had last night and today is very typical low pressure system stuff passing by this time of year. Looking like end of the weekend there could be another low passing near by that could spin up the winds again. We are pretty much getting into the typical cycle of lows that start to drive our Fall weather change and push us into the winter cycle. His day light hours are getting shorter too which works against him for any sort of move to say the delta.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
BTW - I had a dock neighbor a few years ago that spent the night over in China Camp on the hook the trip started out with some really awesome fall warm weather. That night they spent the whole night motoring into big winds and chop on the anchor. The wind finally let up enough for them to safely pull anchor and get the hell out of there. They pulled into the dock with a very large proper cruising anchor that was bent up bad and clearly would not have held much longer and the front end of the boat had been damaged and they had actually been prepared and had extra snubbers which they ended up using after chafing through two. Had they been your typical weekend sailors with limited gear no doubt they would have blown onto the beach.

So getting the FH to the Delta will not only be tough but they could face loosing the FH during the trip to the Delta safe parking spot. Just saying

George Dewey

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
The FH is stuck fast in muck currently. Next high tide is 5:30 pm.
If HR does not grow a pair and get that thing unstuck and into proper depth and out of the mud flats his days are numbered more so than any time in the past.

The only reason I can see why he would keep parking it in the shallows is that he does not want to wake up in the middle of the night with water rushing in and hardly any time to exit the FH before it takes him and family to the bottom.
No no, it's a beachable cat...

TQA

Super Anarchist
Caribbean
All you rudder guys are missing the problem IMHO.

The FH currently has long rudders with the pintles mounted close together at the top of the rudders.

Get some sideways load and those suckers will twist off.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
All you rudder guys are missing the problem IMHO.

The FH currently has long rudders with the pintles mounted close together at the top of the rudders.

Get some sideways load and those suckers will twist off.
More like take the transom off if one were to actually make the pintles strong enough to hold the rudders on under load. Either way the rudders, pintles or stern construction will be a major problem either one of those items or all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts