65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Zapata

Administrator
Woody is going to go sit in a corner for a week for being an ass and spamming the board. A few times is somewhat funny. ^^ ^^ was not.

kippermoose

UK
If you ignore woody you will miss gems like the country song "keep your hands off your sister she's mine"

Woody : please repost that song for those that missed it
This one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meQ_K1YdeVs

Australia's funniest man, but not for the easily offendable.

or try these!

This one could be the Sailing Anarchy anthem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzgoXoOqnn0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBWAjn2a3rA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGDMnzEG17Q

Last edited by a moderator:

Sand crab

Montana
Still ignoring whats his name.

Anywho...... January is SFs wettest month and that means storms and high winds.which may be bad for the FH. There is nothing bad predicted for at least the next 7 days. HR is one lucky dude.

Boston1

Super Anarchist
BF colorado
So its going to be a whimper instead of a bang. I guess its for the best, no one had to risk their lives trying to go rescue him, and James gets to live on his boat for a while. One can only imagine what he's thinking, sitting out there all by himself stuck in the mud half the time. Seems like selling it isn't working out either, surprise surprise, but at some point it must be admitted its lasted a lot longer than any of us suspected it would.

Seems like one big ugly game of Russian roulette he's playing out there. Kinda makes you wonder what he ever did to solve that anchoring problem he was struggling so much with.

Oh well, looks like its always looked, just a matter of time, Gotta wonder just how mushy the CDX is getting by now. I wonder if he filled the hulls with floatation ? I can't picture his bilge pump system working any better than anything else, or that those pumps aren't getting a work out by now.

Maybe someone can do a fly by and snap a few pictures for us.

Threads dying without some real news. Other than maybe Woody made the all time high ignore list.

cheers

Sand crab

Montana
I wonder if the CDX is getting mushy at all. If you remember I had a phone conversation with HR last year where he said he used 1000 gallons of epoxy. Even if he's only a quarter right then that's an awful lot of waterproofedness. That is a new word, I just made it up! And they've been making epoxy tanks for various liquids for a long time. I'm not sayin the boat is seaworthy just that it MAY be water tight. And remember....no thruhulls. That boat may be floatin long after this thread has sunk,

mo fuzz

Super Anarchist
I wonder if the CDX is getting mushy at all. If you remember I had a phone conversation with HR last year where he said he used 1000 gallons of epoxy. Even if he's only a quarter right then that's an awful lot of waterproofedness. That is a new word, I just made it up! And they've been making epoxy tanks for various liquids for a long time. I'm not sayin the boat is seaworthy just that it MAY be water tight. And remember....no thruhulls. That boat may be floatin long after this thread has sunk,
Well I just did a hike around angel island today

I can report the fh is still floating. Could see it plainly from the public spotting scope on the point

Cost me 50cents.

This thread sunk a long, long time ago.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Well I just did a hike around angel island today

I can report the fh is still floating. Could see it plainly from the public spotting scope on the point

Cost me 50cents.
What can you tell us about the rate of porch sag?

Longshot, but did you spot the Harlisaki?

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
Kinda makes you wonder what he ever did to solve that anchoring problem he was struggling so much with.
What he did, specifically, is pretty much immaterial.

"Hot Rod" is a fixer; if it doesn't work right the first time, you fix it. Repeat that cycle until things stop breaking. That's pretty much the essence of grass-roots hot-rodding since the '40s.

He's figured out how to ancker effectively in Richardson Bay. How that hard-won knowledge will carry forward to new ankerages is unknown, but it appears he's got Richardson Bay down pat.

Kinda makes you wonder what he ever did to solve that anchoring problem he was struggling so much with.
What he did, specifically, is pretty much immaterial.

"Hot Rod" is a fixer; if it doesn't work right the first time, you fix it. Repeat that cycle until things stop breaking. That's pretty much the essence of grass-roots hot-rodding since the '40s.

He's figured out how to ancker effectively in Richardson Bay. How that hard-won knowledge will carry forward to new ankerages is unknown, but it appears he's got Richardson Bay down pat.

This thread in in Worse shape than the FH ;)