65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

mo fuzz

Super Anarchist
I wonder if the CDX is getting mushy at all. If you remember I had a phone conversation with HR last year where he said he used 1000 gallons of epoxy. Even if he's only a quarter right then that's an awful lot of waterproofedness. That is a new word, I just made it up! And they've been making epoxy tanks for various liquids for a long time. I'm not sayin the boat is seaworthy just that it MAY be water tight. And remember....no thruhulls. That boat may be floatin long after this thread has sunk,
Well I just did a hike around angel island today

I can report the fh is still floating. Could see it plainly from the public spotting scope on the point

Cost me 50cents.

What can you tell us about the rate of porch sag?

Longshot, but did you spot the Harlisaki?
No harlisaki or porch sag spotted. But the waterline near the bow seems to have creeped higher.

Binnacle Bat

where is this ignore button?
Click on your username at the top of the screen

Select Manage Ignore Prefs from the drop down menu.

Start typing "Fle.." in the Add a New User to My List box until the User Who Will Be Ignored's name shows up.

Select, and enjoy the tingly clean feeling.

There will be a lot of

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Fletcher Christian. View it anyway?

but ignore them.

Peace

Allan

Last edited by a moderator:

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
What'd I miss? FH sink yet?
Got Nothin - weather here has been nicer than this summer! All the lake sailors will need to find a spot to sail on the Pacific this next summer or take up lake bed ATV antics to stay entertained this next summer. Looking very bleak in CA regarding lakes and water levels for next summer at this point. We need two fucking Typhoons at this point to get us back to normal water levels.

A blessing and a curse then, might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Sunday and Monday here were in the single digits, wind chill -10 and -20, and you woulda thought the damn sky was falling. Should be in the 40's this weekend and it'll feel like summer after this cold snap.

So Rod's on the hard or what? Wasn't he trying to sell FH at one point? Dammit I miss sailing.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
A blessing and a curse then, might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Sunday and Monday here were in the single digits, wind chill -10 and -20, and you woulda thought the damn sky was falling. Should be in the 40's this weekend and it'll feel like summer after this cold snap.

So Rod's on the hard or what? Wasn't he trying to sell FH at one point? Dammit I miss sailing.
FH sits in the SF Bay which is part of the Pacific Ocean - RB is a shallow area of the Bay consisting of typical SF Bay mud FH sits in mud probably 80% of the time right now. Weather fronts that blow through in the winter typically turn the area that FH sits into a wicked wind tunnel of chop every winter we usually see a fair number of homeless floating encampments wash up on the shore in the area where FH is parked. Can't recall where or who posted it but the anchor out boats are sort of like floating versions of the shopping cart the homeless push around FH is just the largest of all the floating shopping carts currently parked in Richardson Bay. LOL

floating dutchman

Super Anarchist
What'd I miss? FH sink yet?
You missed Da dickhead doing his best to completely kill this thread, and as a result, anyone who is following Hot Rod and his creation putting Da dickhead on ignore.

As long as Da dickhead has one of his pointless posts on the top of the page he seems to be happy. Simple pleasures for the retards I guess.

Edit to add: NTTAWWT (sp?)

Last edited by a moderator: