65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Hobie Dog

Super Anarchist
Chesapeake Bay
Thanks! Besides the tits finally something useful in this thread! It's been as dry as the Winter you guys are having! Are your hills always that brown?

So what is next to the starboard rutter at the bottom of the steps? Is that an outboard motor?

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
Thanks! Besides the tits finally something useful in this thread! It's been as dry as the Winter you guys are having! Are your hills always that brown?

So what is next to the starboard rutter at the bottom of the steps? Is that an outboard motor?
Under Red Flag warning today extreme fire conditions with winds out of the East blowing to the Pacific - think way WAY drier than October and nearly identical weather conditions that burned down the Oakland Hills in one of the worst fires in a populated area 100's of homes lost and several people killed. Fingers crossed we don't have any stupid people getting any bright ideas involving sources of flame over the next couple of days.

Sand crab

Montana
The hills are pretty brown by late summer early fall. You know the old song: It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya?

However now is the green season or s'posed to be.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
1991 Oakland Hills fire storm: 'several people killed'

...it was 25
My College roommate worked that fire he had been in the wild fire biz a long time and said he had never seen anything like it add the really narrow steep difficult roads plus cars parked on the sides of the roads and in several cases they had to get out and walk because they couldn't get their truck any farther up the road. They eventually had to retreat and I remember him explaining how they went house to house trying to see if anyone was crazy enough to stay that long. They had an old woman walk down the middle of the road with fire all around her from the direction they retreated from said his whole crew thought they were seeing a ghost couldn't believe that she just came from what was pretty much nothing but a giant fire ball. Lots of other stories of people ending up in neighbors pools with wet towels over them as the fire blew over and burned everything down around them. My roommate wrecked his knee in that fire was changing careers ie back in college in his 40's he didn't like talking about that fire but get a few beers in him and damn you get a good idea it was about as bad as you could ever get for a wild fire in a city.

Therapy

W FL
and here's to Woody

attachicon.gif
mr andmrs hot 9817.jpg
Thanks for the pics of the panorama of those nice homes on the shore.

Too bad the pics are spoiled by derelict boats in the harbor. Now I know how the home owners feel concerning the view.

And FH is in the good company of other anchored (?) boats.

Nice.

U20guy2

Super Anarchist
I may have figured out what the dock foam is for!

He built a floating interior as the tide comes up the interior floor rises and falls keeps things nice and dry and now he can sleep at night.

JSoup

Anarchist
Portland, OR
Yeah, 25 killed, 150 injured, and hundreds of homes = 3,354 single family homes plus 437 apartment and condos. It was an unbelievable sight to watch, from the water, or anywhere with a view of those hills. Because I worked for a company consulting on the cleanup, I had a pass to go up there just days after the fire. The most amazing this I saw was the melted cars on the street, just blobs of different kinds of metal.

1991 Oakland Hills fire storm: 'several people killed'

...it was 25

sparau

Super Anarchist
Sunshine Coast Aus
Wow, i forget about the size of the monstrosity until you see people on it. It must have near 8' headroom !

As to the starboard hull being lower in the water, is that just a bit of swell on the beam on shot cause it appears pretty good on the stern shot.

and ouch !

tumblr_mzeumbWVAM1rwbsl5o1_500.jpg