65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

peterAustralia

if i may commit the error of being serious,,,, (yeah I know its frowned upon). How long can HR stay where he is? I guess as a vessel he can anchor in most places for awhile. That headroom does look over 8ft .... (f me),,, why? whats wrong with 6ft 6 headroom, If he had read one book on boat design? if he had skills? if he was prepared to listen? if he had done any research,,,, he has now a large houseboat,, that will not be super durable,,,,, at least he could have saved a bit and not installed the rig... if he had bought a sound second hand boat,,,,,if he had read one book on houseboat design... if ,,, if,,if this,,, if that... Well at least the topsides are sloped,, that may reduce forces whilst at anchor,,, but does it really matter on a swinging mooring?

this thread is going nowhere isnt it? HR will potter about where he is,,, for a year or 2 or 3,,, eventually rot will seep in and the boat will be abandonded

sparau

Super Anarchist
Sunshine Coast Aus
this thread is going nowhere isnt it?
I can think of only one use for this thread…

ouch ! (in a different way)

tumblr_mzkdx1jGPo1rwbsl5o1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That headroom does look over 8ft .... (f me),,, why? whats wrong with 6ft 6 headroom,
Good grief, Peter! Don't you know that plywood sheets are 4ft by 8ft here in the states? Whatever else kinda headroom was he gonna have when the plywood sheets already done come that size?

Jeezus! You crazy foreigners must be on the metric system or some shit like that.

JohnMB

Super Anarchist
Evanston
That headroom does look over 8ft .... (f me),,, why? whats wrong with 6ft 6 headroom,
Good grief, Peter! Don't you know that plywood sheets are 4ft by 8ft here in the states? Whatever else kinda headroom was he gonna have when the plywood sheets already done come that size?

Jeezus! You crazy foreigners must be on the metric system or some shit like that.
no metric plywood comes in sheets of 1219mmx2438mm so it still works fine for 8ft headroom

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC

Sand crab

Montana
There has been no rain at all this month there and none predicted. No rain means no wind. January and February are the rainiest months for the Bay. Instead it has been clear and mild with near record highs just about every day.

There is a high surf warning with breakers up to 20'! This won't affect the FH. Mavericks should be pumping.

Having 0" of rain in January might be an all time record in itself.

casc27

Super Anarchist
There has been no rain at all this month there and none predicted. No rain means no wind. January and February are the rainiest months for the Bay. Instead it has been clear and mild with near record highs just about every day.

There is a high surf warning with breakers up to 20'! This won't affect the FH. Mavericks should be pumping.

Having 0" of rain in January might be an all time record in itself.
And it may just keep getting worse:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2014/01/21/californias-driest-winter-in-500-years.html

and (quotes the same paleoclimatologist but has some added political info)

http://mavensnotebook.com/2014/01/22/news-worth-noting-paleoclimatologist-says-driest-year-in-500-years-legal-analsysis-of-drought-proclamation-a-primer-on-drinking-water-reorganization-input-sought-for-changes-and-global-warming-t/

Ok so I'm interested in this ignore button. Where do I find it? After seeing one person ruin such a great SA thread I'd like to place it on ignore myself.
Never mind. I found it. Instant relief!
There should be a rule that you can't use the Ignore function until you have 100 posts under your belt, at least one of which contains pictures of tits.
CyanistesCaeruleusWithForage.jpg

Tits are cavity-nesting birds, typically using trees. Good enough? I'll start working on my post count.
I see your Tits and raise.

Who likes Brown Boobies?

image.jpg

LaRamée

Halifax NS
Ok so I'm interested in this ignore button. Where do I find it? After seeing one person ruin such a great SA thread I'd like to place it on ignore myself.
Never mind. I found it. Instant relief!
There should be a rule that you can't use the Ignore function until you have 100 posts under your belt, at least one of which contains pictures of tits.
CyanistesCaeruleusWithForage.jpg

Tits are cavity-nesting birds, typically using trees. Good enough? I'll start working on my post count.
I see your Tits and raise.

Who likes Brown Boobies?
1382901878872.jpg