89er

JulianB

Super Anarchist
Sydney mostly
1659689285547.png

Boat being rolled over, (in the dead of night) hopefully finally priming and starting final sand this weekend into next week.
Gloss next weekend. (Charcoal grey)
Then I'm and re booking my flight to fly into Brisbane from Arlie Beach (Hamilton Island) on the 19th and bring her home.
(doing Arlie Beach race week 11th - 19th on a FE28R)
Alex, is going to drive up on 17-18th and meet me on the 19th.
1659689462457.png

Really happy with all the other bits, these are TC4 Ti, used to anchor the D1's onto the front of the mast.
They stand only 10mm high, good for well over 20 tone, bit of a over kill, the button is 20mm in dia.
Lots of really cool fittings, really happy, got a super cool guy in HK (Sean) making it happen.

Starting to get exciting, I pull the sails out of the box, tomorrow with GT, to see what I have got and make sure it will go up the mast.
Boom happens next week, All the fittings arrive 18-19th in-time for the arrival of the boat.
Biggest hold-up will be making the foils, but the Basalt Unies and Twill arrive this week, and I'm tarting the bulb up now.
Moulds come down with the boat, I'm guessing 10days to generate foils.

Big year of Sportsboat sailing is install for yours-truly.

jB

JulianB

Super Anarchist
Sydney mostly
Unfortunately the boat is delayed another week. Quite disappointed but such is life.

We came 4th at Airlie Beach, Skeeter and Vivace ( both my design) came 1st & 2nd so that abodes well.

Let you know what transpires!

jB

JulianB

Super Anarchist
Sydney mostly
Unfortunately the boat is delayed another week. Quite disappointed but such is life.

We came 4th at Airlie Beach, Skeeter and Vivace ( both my design) came 1st & 2nd so that abodes well.

jB

Berndty

qld aus

jB
Well done JB and GT. I'm sorry I did not have the chance to meet you this week. I had some chats with GT but would of be nice to have a chat with you also. Next time anyway. Looking forward to seeing your next/new boat in the water.

Last edited:

JulianB

Super Anarchist
Sydney mostly
Boat is 1/2 way home
1661579928936.png

Having breakfast in Sawtell, this morning on the way home, really nice job was done on the hull/water surfaces.
Deck will be EVA/Gorilla gripped, so you don't gloss the or you get osmosis.
Did not even know it was on the back of the car, towed perfectly.

1661579875686.png

All the foil moulds packed under the boat, pretty happy, lots of work in the next 3 - 4 weeks,

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
Car builders always have 'sexy' names for their colors, whether or not anyone else would label them different. Marketing insists on it.