8mt Grainger Racing Trimaran For Sale

KC375

Super Anarchist
Northern Hemisphere
I believe that minimum length for these type of offshore races is described as "length on deck" - right?

I don't think they would consider the amas to be the measurement point, just as they don't care about the bowsprit (which definitely puts it at over 30')
I'm sure if it was trivial SSolo would have considered it so my comment was not really intended to be an informed observation. I'm sure there would be some substantive measuring issues as you suggest. I was simply going of the " Time Machine on OMR has an LOA of 9.10 "

PIL66 - XL2

Super Anarchist
Stralya
It really isn't an offshore boat... Sure it can do some coastal stuff but .....

It is aimed  at Moreton Bay , Hamilton Island, Airlie Beach, Wangi, Port Phillip Bay... so protected waters

[email protected]

Super Anarchist
43 south
There's another Grainger 8 for sale.... https://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sailing-trimaran/grainger-essential-8/267998

Maybe it should be in the "Older fast Aus multis" thread...

6_4.jpg

SeaGul

Super Anarchist
Oslo Norway
I see its 1300kg - 26ft - and they are 5 on board. But sailing on one hull they use all of the stability with 3 at the upper ama - so they really push the boat hard. Must be a solid little boat .  

Lowgroove

Australia
I see its 1300kg - 26ft - and they are 5 on board. But sailing on one hull they use all of the stability with 3 at the upper ama - so they really push the boat hard. Must be a solid little boat .  
It is a great little boat, as far as I am aware apart from a Mast down years ago the boat has not had any structural issues, yes it has been pushed hard but is a well balanced, well designed boat. 

Latest posts