A big project!

socalrider

Super Anarchist
San Diego CA
 He needs a lawyer. The paper he was asked to sign (promising to leave) to get a permit for the boat cover is/was bullshit. Either permit a building or not, adding usage clauses to it is (I beleive) illegal.
Hopefully some of his Patreons/fans can come to his aid.  I don't know anything about this stuff other than my brutal experience getting my primary residence remodeled.  It's very frustrating that it's so difficult to do cool stuff in this country with atoms vs. electrons if you're not really well capitalized.  

See Level

Working to overcome my inner peace
 He needs a lawyer. The paper he was asked to sign (promising to leave) to get a permit for the boat cover is/was bullshit. Either permit a building or not, adding usage clauses to it is (I beleive) illegal.
Land use permits are certainly not illegal. Here's a few below.

His best hope is to get a conditional permit with an end date that allows him time to stiffen up the boat for a move.Which sounds like what they were looking for when they asked him to sign papers

Screenshot_20210301-145504.png

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
Someone familiar with local regulations could determine if the reasons for threatening his work are legit or just saber rattling due to bitchy neighbor with connections

plenamar

Buenos Aires
Interesting application of the "Coase Theorem". Is damage inflicted on neighbor by the Tally-Ho project larger or smaller than the damage inflicted on Leo by re-location?

Coase suggests that (in theory) a bargaining solution could be reached.     

sledracr

Super Anarchist
PNW, ex-SoCal
Google earth is helpful in showing how close the dwellings are in the neighborhood.
People keep saying there's a "new house" right up next to Tally Ho.  I haven't seen it (google maps, google earth, bing maps, whatever)

Old imagery?  to my eyes it looks like the nearest neighbor's house is a good 100 yards away.

See Level

Working to overcome my inner peace
You can see it in the videos, pretty much right up to the setback line across the driveway fence. The map/earth photos are to old to show it. Leo did say she's not the one complaining though.

Screenshot_20210302-152700.png

allene222

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
+1

I think Leo is handling this perfectly. Will be interested to see how it goes. Best case is he gets all his other (supportive) neighbors to attend the hearing. If he can make it one neighbor against all the others he will win. The press will probably show up as well.

Justaquickone

+1

I think Leo is handling this perfectly. Will be interested to see how it goes. Best case is he gets all his other (supportive) neighbors to attend the hearing. If he can make it one neighbor against all the others he will win. The press will probably show up as well.
  I wouldn't be so sure .

A few years back we had a house redeveloped nearby the was going to be 1 1/2 metres above maximum building height of 9metres .

9 or 10 affected surrounding properties submitted appropriate paper work voicing their dis approval .

Guess what ,house got approved .

They now have awsome views of every ones back yards , pools , etc .

It was guessed that the owner /  architect / builder had some pretty good contacts in local council ?

A case of who you know not what you know .

Mid

Blues Rule
Cristoforo said:
No. But the county might. 
Watch the Vid , Leo may need to move BUT the project will be completed .

and if you are interested I'm open to a wager with proceeds to charity of the winners choice , ball in your court .

alphafb552

Super Anarchist
Fryslan boppe!
I think the issue has become more than just a neighbor complaining about the noise and perceived nuisance.

Instead, the county has latched on the fact that due to his youtube and patreon income, he is effectively running an industrial site, which then means that he needs to comply with all health and safety regulations, taxation, zoning and licensing, etc

If they decide to throw the book at him for that, he may be in very murky waters, at least financially (with back taxes and penalties etc)

casc27

Super Anarchist
Some of you with legal backgrounds can correct me here but from the Peninsula Daily News article Mary Ellen Winborn states that Leo can raise money and that her concerns are with the noise and dust. ("We don’t need boats being built all over the county in residential neighborhoods. It doesn’t belong in a rural residential neighborhood...It belongs in a boat marina.") So, if the issue is not the "commercial" aspect and Leo abides by whatever noise ordinances etc. are in place for that location has Ms. Wound-too-tight not undermined her own arguments against  the project? Tally Ho belongs in a marina when it is completed and Ms. WTT's concern that boats will start being built all over the county is spurious at best. But way to go on the PR for your county. 

I think I will start a go fund me campaign to finance the purchase of a property adjacent to Ms. WTT and then donate it to the Hell's Angels or some similar friendly group...

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
I think I will start a go fund me campaign to finance the purchase of a property adjacent to Ms. WTT and then donate it to the Hell's Angels or some similar friendly group...
I thick they our 501(c) charritey.                    :)    

Innocent Bystander

Super Anarchist
Lower Southern MD
I would submit the permit request and then go to a variance hearing once denied.  Rural area.  4 years in process. Recent new(?) neighbor.  Complies with noise requirements.  Will they prohibit a hobby woodshop, personal collector car repair, etc?  The process for a permit hearing, scheduling a variance hearing, etc. can run 6-8 months.  If it gets denied, request another 6 months to arrange an appropriate place, safely move it, etc.