A big project!

Pinching

Anarchist
sent in 100 bucks -- good to fund about 20 min of wooden boat restoration (or 10 min of big boat racing)

Murphness

Super Anarchist
Boston
Was trying to figure out the total time from start to finish for that scarf, but it had to be a good 60-100 hours of work from chainsaw to fit.

Such a cool project to follow along with. Reminds me a bit of this kid who built a roundhouse out of logs and cob. Similarly gigantic project for what is essentially one person. He actually finished it, too! I've been following along since the beginning and Leo's videos have me just as excited to watch. He's building a hydro generator right now which is also a really cool project. All very well documented.

IStream

Super Anarchist
I think Leo's plan and budget are open ended. He's already paused the project once to help with a delivery and augment his funds. Sounds like a reasonable plan for a guy facing a very large but unknown level of expenditure and no fixed project timeline.

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
I'm surprised he's not getting more volunteer help. Given the number of sailors in the NW and the interest in wooden boats, there should be people clamoring to help, especially in the winter when they can't do much sailing. Then again, I tried to interest my stepson who lives in Seattle to go over and help, but not so far. Sadly I live in the midwest, so I'll send along $100 instead, making my viewing of his videos worth $7 each so far, with viewing prices decreasing until I ante up again.

IStream

Super Anarchist
In Leo's shoes I'd be a little hesitant to accept "help" from unknown folks unless it's just for jobs that require muscle and no skill. Even then, unless someone knows how to take direction, they can do damage.

This reminds me of another great project. You guys seen any of Acorn to Arabella?

Couple of guys building a Ingrid 38...and actually starting from the point of cutting down trees and milling their own lumber. They just poured a 4.5 ton lead ballast keel the other day...

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
On 1/29/2018 at 1:00 PM, Aaron vs Sailing said:

This reminds me of another great project. You guys seen any of Acorn to Arabella?

Couple of guys building a Ingrid 38...and actually starting from the point of cutting down trees and milling their own lumber. They just poured a 4.5 ton lead ballast keel the other day...

9,000 pound keel on a 38 footer?  Talk about a freakin' Lead Mine!!

hobot

Super Anarchist
I'm surprised he's not getting more volunteer help. Given the number of sailors in the NW and the interest in wooden boats, there should be people clamoring to help, especially in the winter when they can't do much sailing. Then again, I tried to interest my stepson who lives in Seattle to go over and help, but not so far. Sadly I live in the midwest, so I'll send along $100 instead, making my viewing of his videos worth $7 each so far, with viewing prices decreasing until I ante up again.
Sequim Wa. (where the boat and shop are located) is not very conveniently/centrally located.

efrank

Wow. Have to see the latest video.  Leo travels back to Cornwall to work on a traditional build and tours a previous build that he contributed to. Absolutely gorgeous.  This guy is one hard working MF.  I have no doubt he will complete Tally Ho and enjoy the journey along the way.

Raked Aft\\

Super Anarchist
The North Coast
As much as i respect what Leo is doing, i have concerns for this project...

So far he has acquired some tools,  a nice piece of keel lumber and done a fair amount of demo.

He is now back  home doing basically odd boat working jobs for some addl cash to keep his project going.

If you've done boat restoration work for a yard,  I have, you know the pay is paltry at best.

i think he needs to do a reality check on the finish cost of this project and make some hard decisions.  Demolition is cheap.

It's when  you start putting things back together that things get more expensive than you think.

I somehow thought this kid was a trustafarian when i first saw his vids...